Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2007   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 22797 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta-Is this true?

Can anyone confrim this?
Saw this post on another messageboard:
"I was listening to the Dunta Robinson show yesterday on my way home from work. There was one caller who asked Dunta if he thought Mario was living up to the expectations of being drafted number one overall. Dunta said no. He said he's doing some good things, but that he can play better and that he needs to be disruptive on every play. Dunta also said he didn't have one or two years to wait on Mario to develop, he needs Mario to play well now.

He was also asked how he felt about the Pats and Colts game, and he said he can't blame everyone for wanting to watch it, he wants to watch it too. In fact, he told Texan fans to watch that game and just check up on them later."
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Dunta-Is this true?

i hope that's true.
Old 10-31-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't confirm it, but if it is true, it doesn't surprise me. We really need someone back there to get them in focus. DeMeco is a leader on the field as far as adjusting the play, but we need an attitude leader. Dunta is definitely the first guy in line for that job.

They need to go out there and get pissed off before the game. I mean furious. They need to play like those old defenses everyone loved.

I once heard that Mean Joe Green punched one of the Steeler receivers in the face because he didn't make a catch. Is that true? We need attitude like that! (except he should punch Mario instead)
Old 10-31-2007   #4
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

It is true, here's the soundbite.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Texans. He's gone the first chance he gets, and I don't blame him a bit.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #5
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

Does "I'm just keepin it real" mean he doesn't want to show up or will his outspokeness mean, everyone else on the defense needs to show up?
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If everyone on the defense played with Dunta's intensity we'd probably be having a different season right now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not like Mario's play isn't like totally obviously milquetoast except for the pollyanna fans perhaps.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Dunta...I really do. Its like he is a smart Texans Talk poster and just gets the forum to say what many are thinking.
Old 10-31-2007   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I see nothing wrong with his statement. Not like he's making things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #10
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I for one am a Loyal Texan fan to the end, I would watch and will watch the Texan game over the Pats game and my Raider friend will watch his team with me.

I'm not watching the Pats-Colts over the Texans because I watch no one over the Texans. Besides...all this hype for a matchup that happens every year one way or another. I mean the last 4-5 years this thing has gone on, if it were on before or after the Texans game...sure I would watch it.

ESPN can hype the game all it wants as some big game that will show us the future and tell you who is going to be the champion. Just like how ESPN hyped the Suns-Mavs games last NBA season only to find out none of those teams went past the second round. Its a regular season matchup between two really good teams, but IDK...I am not that hyped for it. Not me, i'm watching the Texans first week in week out, even when we were 2-14 I still like to see my players battle for a win.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #11
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think my favorite player on this team will be gone before we know it. He will be a superstar if he goes somewhere else. It will be a sad day when we see him in another jersey and all we will have is memories of him busting people in the nose for us.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be watching the Texans. Unless they get behind by 30 points again, but that isn't happening this week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #13
3andOUT
Rookie

That's why I love D-Rob. He throws out the tired cliches and spits it like it is. I don't blame him, most football fans appreciate good football and you can guarantee Pats/Colts will be that. They both play disciplined, smart and mistake-free football unlike our team of late.
3andOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I for one am a Loyal Texan fan to the end, I would watch and will watch the Texan game over the Pats game and my Raider friend will watch his team with me.

I'm not watching the Pats-Colts over the Texans because I watch no one over the Texans. Besides...all this hype for a matchup that happens every year one way or another. I mean the last 4-5 years this thing has gone on, if it were on before or after the Texans game...sure I would watch it.

ESPN can hype the game all it wants as some big game that will show us the future and tell you who is going to be the champion. Just like how ESPN hyped the Suns-Mavs games last NBA season only to find out none of those teams went past the second round. Its a regular season matchup between two really good teams, but IDK...I am not that hyped for it. Not me, i'm watching the Texans first week in week out, even when we were 2-14 I still like to see my players battle for a win.
nobody has to hype this game. These are the two best teams in the NFL and nobody is even in their league right now.

Old 10-31-2007   #15
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
nobody has to hype this game. These are the two best teams in the NFL and nobody is even in their league right now.
No one has to hype it but ESPN is positive this is the superbowl.
Old 10-31-2007   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed, it will probably be better than the superbowl, both teams are in the AFC......prollly will meet again in the playoffs, hopefully not until the AFC championship game.

Is the pats/colts on at the same time as Texans/raiders? They should both be CBS games anyway. I am as intrigued as anyone, but I will not turn off my Texans.
Old 10-31-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
No one has to hype it but ESPN is positive this is the superbowl.
This is the game of the year...in case you haven't been paying attention.

Old 10-31-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not like Mario's play isn't like totally obviously milquetoast except for the pollyanna fans perhaps.
And our head coach. He seems to act like Mario is doing a great job and the rest of us are just ignorant in our expectations.

While I don't expect our HC to throw anyone under the bus, I also don't expect him to put sprinkles on a turd and tell us it's a Little Debbie snack cake.

Things had better turn around, because people are going to leave this team (and not just the fans!). D.Rob is a dude that has a will to win, and if not here, then we will see him in a Colts or Pats uni before we know it. That'll be a sad day when one of our best players bolts because we consistently suck.

As far as the Colts/Pats game, I guess I'm stuck watching the Texans. I'm not giving up time with my boy to hang out at a sports bar where I won't be able to concentrate and enjoy either game. I'll just have to catch it on NFL Replay.
Old 10-31-2007   #19
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can Dunta go before his contract is up?
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #20
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is the game of the year...in case you haven't been paying attention.
Um...didn't I say it was a big regular season game?

That is it. That is all it is. A regular season game between 2 undefeated teams. The Team that loses this game isn't going to tear down and have a horrible season the rest of the way. The Boys/Pats game was hyped almost as much, and ESPN then called it a likely preview of the superbowl. I guess, things change when playoffs come around. Colts proved that last year.

I still will not watch it over the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read