Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-16-2004   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most exciting QB to see in person?

Farve is coming a sure first ballot hall of famer to Relient this Sunday, now we have had a chance in person to see some of the best come to town, Manning, Leftwich, McNAir, Culpepper, Brees, Brady, Vick & of course Carr. Among those that you have seen in person who captured not just your imagination but your heart as a football fan? Who is the most exciting & fun to watch QB in person? (This would include not just stats but presence, showmanship, sportsmanship, sideline antics or celebrations and athelticism)
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably Favre who I've had the pleasure of seeing several times.

Even the defensive guys like him. He's just a fun player to watch.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #3
kuno
Rookie

Favre would have to be the best to watch to me, right now.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #4
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I so much want to see Favre!!! He has been my favorite for years. But....my ticket option fell through. I don't have the funds that folks are asking for tickets. My mortgage comes first and I refuse to pay for someone elses. Guess I will be in the lot watching this one, da*n it.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad Filo.

Maybe one of the nice guys here have an extra ticket???
Old 11-16-2004   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Montana and Warren Moon.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #7
dan7
Veteran

Smile

Michael Vick....

Last edited by dan7; 11-16-2004 at 12:17 PM.
dan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2004   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching the NFL since the late 60's and have been attending games regularly since the early 70's and even though I've seen all the "big names" in person, the QB that comes to mind for me is Terry Bradshaw.

Terry was never the best QB statistically or fundamentally but there was nothing like going out the Dome every year during the glory days of the Steel Curtain vs. Bum's Oilers to watch those matchups. You 'hated' Bradshaw but you also had a ton of respect for him because of the swagger, the success, and what he brought to the game. I looked forward to seeing him even more than Montana I think, because of the rivalry we had with the Steelers and the fact that we saw him every year. When you mentioned "presence," he had "it." I'll never forget one game against the Steelers when we knocked out Bradshaw and his backup (Hanratty probably) and they had to put a DB named Tony Dungy in at QB to finish the game. (Dungy was a college QB for those who didn't know)

I think Montana only came through here 3 times in his career - twice with the 9ers and once with the Chiefs. Favre has played here only one other time in his career - his first year as a Packer in '92.

For me, after Bradshaw it would be the obvious big names like Montana, Marino, and Elway. Then guys like Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, Ken Anderson, Fran Tarkenton, and Bucky Richardson.

Last edited by aj.; 11-16-2004 at 12:44 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #9
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

After seeing Mcnabb scrambling around for 14 seconds last night for a TD, I would love to see that guy play in person

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 11-16-2004 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Sheesh, give me a break ;)
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Kelly, especially when he was a Gambler.

Right now it's Favre, and I'm glad I'll get to see him live for the first time ever and quite possibly the last, although I hope he's having an off day.

The absolute most amazing to watch play QB though was Elway.

I suppose Vick in a few years. Right now he really don't *play* QB. He's a back who gets the ball hiked to him and can run like crazy.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking George Blanda

Once saw George kick a defensive player in the arse, also saw him intentionally drill another defensive player in the face with a perfect spiral from about ten yards away. Now thats fire, something our Texans could use about now.
Old 11-16-2004   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Gee I wasn't thinking about a stroll down memory lane just the QB's of the past three years who have come & played @ Relient

So far the most amazing QB I've seen in this era has to be Vick or Culpepper. One has such amazing footwork & pure speed the other is big, strong and throws some amazing bombs. I for one enjoy their revelry, passion & love for the game which all great QB's seem to share. Of course it would be sweet to see Roethlisberger in person but at this time he has not passed through Relient.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
The absolute most amazing to watch play QB though was Elway.
You got that right. The absolute best ever QB - he was the greatest with or
without a talented supporting cast.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #14
MarleyFan
Veteran

I went to the Raiders-Titans championship game a couple of years ago, and could not believe some of the thing's Steve Mcnair was doing.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #15
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hate to be a "homer" here, but for me it is McNabb. I see him every week and he can do things that are unreal. Look at last Monday night's play to Mitchell.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Gonna make the least popular choice around here ever--Roger the Dodger Staubach. Imagine what he would have done if he hadn't decided (and the Cowboys, the evil crack promoting, no character Cowboys (sarcasm alert) to draft and support him) to serve his country for six years instead of selfishly, cough--I mean acting like every other Maurice Clarett/hack NFL player today--cough pursue his talents. He deserves kudos for his committment, for his play, and for his business acumen that has made him as rich as Peyton Manning despite having never made a mil in a single year. Not to mention being one of the most fearless, clutch players ever.

I know Houston hates the Cowboys, but c'mon seriously, Staubach was one of the greats.
Old 11-17-2004   #17
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Default Is it to late....

To bring back Fran Tarkenton??? OK
Carr
Vick
McNabb
Ben Rothlisb
Culpepper
Favre
Mcnair
Bulger
Hasslebeck

And no I didn't forget Pey Pey........
Old 11-17-2004   #18
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I know Houston hates the Cowboys, but c'mon seriously, Staubach was one of the greats.
*Nods head in approval*

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004   #19
Dunta_Fan_23
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dunta_Fan_23 Send a message via Yahoo to Dunta_Fan_23

Most exciting QB to see in person?

That's easy

DAVE RAGONE !!!!

Old 11-18-2004   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I agree about Roger Staubach. He was awesome and always fun to watch. And very tough.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read