Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Worst play from Sunday...

After seeing this on SC again today, I was re-inflamed and my fears were confirmed.

When Schaub was picked off, and SD ran it back for a TD, why were our players standing around, or at best lollygagging? NO ONE went after the ball carrier?

Surprise?

Apathy?

Laziness?

Regardless, someone should be TRYING to go make a tackle. That was a total glimpse back to 2-14.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst play from Sunday...

Well this might be that bad, as I noticed that as well, but when the snap to Turk went past him and he went to try and get the ball in the endzone and he ran by it on the side and then fell, WTF was that? Run to the ball and fall on it, better to give up 2 pts. than 6. That was about as bad of an attempt to cover up a loose ball as I have ever seen !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I agree with Yankee. The bad snap was an aberration. Pittman has made hundreds of long snaps in his career as a Texan, with ZERO screw-ups to that point. The law of averages caught up to him, it seems. Turk's attempt to recover was comical, but nothing brought despair like the team's body language on the INT. This team is going nowhere fast. Maybe Kubes can keep them fighting.
Old 10-30-2007   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Worst play from Sunday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Well this might be that bad, as I noticed that as well, but when the snap to Turk went past him and he went to try and get the ball in the endzone and he ran by it on the side and then fell, WTF was that? Run to the ball and fall on it, better to give up 2 pts. than 6. That was about as bad of an attempt to cover up a loose ball as I have ever seen !
The difference IMO is that at least Turk was trying (not that that is saying a lot).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #5
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Isn't the correct play here to kick it out of the end zone rather than falling on it. I mean, falling isn't exactly Turk's problem, he seems rather good at it, but it's his inability to direct his falling in any particularly meaningful direction that hurt us.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Isn't the correct play here to kick it out of the end zone rather than falling on it. I mean, falling isn't exactly Turk's problem, he seems rather good at it, but it's his inability to direct his falling in any particularly meaningful direction that hurt us.
LOL, very nicely put!
Old 10-30-2007   #7
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To me this is the perfect example of when things go wrong everything seems to go wrong. Turk is a veteran and knows damn well just to kick the ball out of the end zone or fall on it. But for some reason he kept looking back at Cromartie and the ball stopped short and he fall right past it. 99 times out of 100 I bet he makes the smart play, but just like the 100 other things that are going wrong on this team right now it all just keeps happening at the same time. He even addressed it yesterday and said he knew better and should not have been concerned with the pursuit of the D and should have focused on the ball. But he didn't, damn you Murphey and your silly law!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

they made it look like we threw the game.
Old 10-30-2007   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Maybe Kubes can keep them fighting.
Maybe Kubes is the reason they DON'T fight!! He has NO idea what it means to "game plan," he has been out coached since we played the Colts, he walks the sideline with a "little boy lost" look on his face, and he has absolutely NO control over Smith and Sherman. Hummmmm, might be a good reason for our boys to give up. The ball falls in Kubiaks lap. He needs to grow up and become a HEAD COACH or move on!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure which one said it but I was listening to the radio broadcast while watching the game and one of the guys said they could tell the team was flat from the opening kickoff.

There was just no fire, no want to, they were just going thru the motions it seemed.

Just nothing from them. Coaches or players.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Gates coulda scored at will on any play if they'd called his number. The busted coverage on the first one was prety bad. Seeing Demmeco running pie eyed twenty yards behind Gates was a picture which described this back seven's effort thus far this season to a tee. The trem "busted coverage" doesn't do it justice.
Old 10-30-2007   #12
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Worst play was definitely Schaub getting blasted on that illegal hit and no one on the team actually caring. Not sure what they were doing because they weren't trying to tackle the guy who got the INT either.
Old 10-30-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I think he thought the ball was going to keep bouncing towards the end zone and it stopped...but Turk didn't. I just think he overshot it and he isn't exactly an athlete....plus he is old (for a player). I think if he had to do it over again he would have tried to kick it out.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #14
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

It seemed to me that Turk had thoughts about picking it up and still trying to punt it. With a guy breathing down his neck I think he realized at the last second he better just fall on it instead. Unfortunately, his body didn't coordinate the timing with his mind.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read