Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2007   #21
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chronicle reporting Schaub hurting, probably out vs Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think on the official injury report, Kubiak is listing Schaub's injury as a "bobo".
Repped! LOL!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Of course Kubiak wanted to look at the tape after the game - thats as cliche as Craig Biggio saying "we wanted to do this 'for the fans'" - but dont think for a second that the coaches in the box, didnt see it and I know that someone on the sideline saw it...

If anything, the television softens the blow compared to at field level.
Yeah, but at the field level, I am guess you can't see the hit to Schaub unless you happened to be looking not at where the ball is.
Old 10-30-2007   #23
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think on the official injury report, Kubiak is listing Schaub's injury as a "bobo".
Best thing for bobos are cartoon bandages. Maybe a Care Bear bandage would be a good one as we are in need of some sunshine. I am guessing Ahman goes for the Batman bandage.
Old 10-30-2007   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It may sound wrong...but I would have sent N.D. or Shantee or one of these backup DEs that can generate some speed to come off the edge and late hit blind side Rivers right in the earhole. Then I would have had my DE walk over to the San Diego sideline and start pointing at Florence while bouncing and shaking his head up and down. Then I would have my whole defense start jumping on him and congratulating him, almost as if our defense had gotten an interception or recovered a fumble. Mass celebration: chest bumping and high fives all around. Probably would have resulted in an ejection, but nobody would have missed that message, I can tell you that.
Nah, I want Kalu to go to middle of the field, reach straight up like he is going for a microphone and shout "Mister Kennedy!" Then he repeats it while Mario stands to one side and looks angry (of course someone will have to help him with that) and says "DAMN!" Our line backers will rip off their jerseys and do various muscle poses and kiss their "pythons". The rest of the defense will shake their fingers at San Diego and tell them just how they will rip their head off at the next pay for view.

Man this team should have gone nuts when that play put Schaub down. I think Mario has been named as their "team anger management captain".
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #25
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man, thinks we are too soft....!!

LOL!!! From a Jag fan...You guys are NOT soft. You'll win this weekend. Chins up and take down those Raiders. AFC South pride!!!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #26
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I'm about 99.9% sure that part of the NFLPA deal waives medical privacy. Our team just seems to play games with announcing injuries.
It could also be that our medical staff is so incompetent that they just don't know (no references needed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #27
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Green said this morning on 610 that if a player suffers a concussion then it is mandatory that the player sit out the following week as a precaution.

So if he suffered a concussion then he is out, which would explain why they are being a bit evasive about the injury just encase they want to start Schaub.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2007   #28
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

To be able to pay back a team for a late hit on our QB, we would have to be able to get to their QB. So far "we ain't" getting there.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #29
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Green said this morning on 610 that if a player suffers a concussion then it is mandatory that the player sit out the following week as a precaution.

So if he suffered a concussion then he is out, which would explain why they are being a bit evasive about the injury just encase they want to start Schaub.
Don't you really think that the nature and seriousness of the injury Schaub or any player suffers is diagnosed and reported to the league office by medical people and not the coaching staff ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #30
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Just as a point of reference, Tom Brady been "probable" for about three years now.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #31
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Just as a point of reference, Tom Brady been "probable" for about three years now.
As in probable to destroy the opposing team and shove it in their face.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #32
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Exactly. I am not worried about the team making injuries known No reason to help the other team out because they do the same damn thing.

I guess Kubiak needs to stop trying to be deceptive and hand over the play book and the injury report to opposing teams.

With that said I just hope the medical staff has a clue whats going on because of with Boselli and DD it seems they may not really have graduated from a medical school here in the US.
Old 10-30-2007   #33
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

i will say this sage learned the lession watching schaub take 2 steps toward the pick and get cheap shotted.

after sage threw a pick they showed the replay and he took off away from the pick so he wasnt a target.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #34
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

way to contradict ND, winston you puss
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #35
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Don't you really think that the nature and seriousness of the injury Schaub or any player suffers is diagnosed and reported to the league office by medical people and not the coaching staff ?
Yes I do think that its medical people that report to the league office. The very same medical people who has there checks signed by the Texans.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #36
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason Kubiak doesn't want to use the term concussion is because some people these days are trying to say guys with concussions should get out of the game, meaning if you get a couple, you're going to get more & ruin yourself if you stay playing, kind of like the stuff they say about boxers. Does anyone know what I'm referring to?
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #37
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the excuse that the Texans didn't know it was a cheapshot because they didn't see it--

Maybe the guys on the field didn't see the hit, but the guys in the booth had to have. If I'm the coaches and my team is trailing 35-3 at the half and looking lifeless, I'm playing the tape of the hit on an endless loop during halftime. Challenge those marshmellows to grow a spine. That the Chargers were allowed to walk away with their ACLs intact is an unmistakable message to the entire league: we don't care if you cheapshot our team.

And I'm not giving points to Kalu for his words. Talk is cheap. "I would have torn someone up if I had seen it, but I didn't see it" is the coward's mantra.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read