Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chronicle reporting Schaub hurting, probably out vs Raiders

"I didn't see the hit, but if it was dirty, maybe we should have a dirty hit on their quarterback and all chip in to pay the fine. We just don't have that mentality, and maybe we should get it. It is old school. And that's how football should be played."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5256370.html
N.D. Kalu has the right idea, even though Kubiak says the team doesn't or shouldn't play that way.
It's really like the countrys policy on torturing terrorists. Of course you don't do it, officially. But off the record, in reality you do what you need to do.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chronicle reporting Schaub hurting, probably out vs Raiders

Quote:
Schaub's teammates are frustrated by what has happened the past two weeks to their quarterback. He was knocked out against the Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers by illegal hits.

"Guys are coming after us. We need to come after them a little more," defensive end N.D. Kalu said. "It's almost like we're too nice out there.
Then do something about it!!!

Ya think?!?!
Old 10-30-2007   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Ya think?!?!
Been telling ya to get that buck eighty five out there on the field, Bill!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ya think?!?!
Well .... we'd have to get an interception or fumble first .

i guess we could blitz a db but it could only be Dunta . The way the others hit it would'nt be a cheap shot cause I don't think they'd knock Rivers down .

Of course by getting even , we would'nt get the sportsmanship award .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's an old-school idea....

Send D-Rob on a CB blitz the same way the Steelers used to send Rod Woodsonagainst the Oilers. Moon would always get knocked senseless and our passing game would suffer.

....or Kalu could have just taken a shot at Rivers back when he had the chance.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not concerned about the retaliation for the Schaub hit because in the course of a return there is a lot of stuff going on and most players didn't see it as it happened.

This is what I am concern with:

Gary Kubiak Can't Say Conc..., Concuss..., Describes Matt Schaub as 'Dinged'

Chronicle calls it a concussion. Kubiak won't characterize it.

If you can't trust them to be straightforward about this, what sort of injury will they be straightforward with? Is there a medical privacy reason for not revealing this?
Old 10-30-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak doesn't have to characterize it, because I know a bruised brain when I see one.....
Old 10-30-2007   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Chronicle reporting Schaub hurting, probably out vs Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I am not concerned about the retaliation for the Schaub hit because in the course of a return there is a lot of stuff going on and most players didn't see it as it happened.

If you can't trust them to be straightforward about this, what sort of injury will they be straightforward with? Is there a medical privacy reason for not revealing this?
I'm about 99.9% sure that part of the NFLPA deal waives medical privacy. Our team just seems to play games with announcing injuries.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I'm about 99.9% sure that part of the NFLPA deal waives medical privacy. Our team just seems to play games with announcing injuries.
I tried to look into this and all I found was this:

link

Quote:
* Lawrence L. Lamade Esq, Counsel to the NFL Management Council, speaking on the effects of HIPAA law on disclosure of an athlete's medical condition.
Old 10-30-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

It may sound wrong...but I would have sent N.D. or Shantee or one of these backup DEs that can generate some speed to come off the edge and late hit blind side Rivers right in the earhole. Then I would have had my DE walk over to the San Diego sideline and start pointing at Florence while bouncing and shaking his head up and down. Then I would have my whole defense start jumping on him and congratulating him, almost as if our defense had gotten an interception or recovered a fumble. Mass celebration: chest bumping and high fives all around. Probably would have resulted in an ejection, but nobody would have missed that message, I can tell you that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My read on the unwillingness to use the C word is, once you label a player as having had a concussion, they come under intense scrutiny about being able to play.

I know many of you have been frustrated by lack of forthcoming on the part of the Texans, but I think this one may fall in a different category.

There is so much pressure now about head injuries from the press and the league, I wonder if the Texans are trying to avoid the "concussion" label.

I'm not trying to defend the stance necessarily - just explain it.
Old 10-30-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is culpepper still starting for the Raiders...and do they still have an OL that rivals ours as the worst in the league. I think our players are getting pissed off and are going to come after Oakland. Our team is getting embarassed out there and I can tell our players are starting to get really upset.

I don't know if we win against oakland...I sure hope so. But I think our team players with more of a fire than it has. That in itself is a moral victory.

And I agree with TC on this...after Schaub threw the interception, all our players were looking for the ball/guy...I don't think our guys saw Schaub get hit like that because he was behind everybody...If they did I would think they would have started a HUGE fight. I almost wish we would have had a big brawl and I don't normally promote fighting. It would have built some team commraderie (sp?)
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #13
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Shanny the weasel always shady on his injuries as well? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

I've never gotten the mindgames these folks play with injury reports.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Even if that were true (players reacting to the interception returner and not seeing the initial hit on Schaub), I am sure that the hit was shown on the replay and certainly coaches up in the box saw it and could relay it down to the field...
Old 10-30-2007   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anybody noticed how that is the second player on our defense to say that we are "too nice"?
Old 10-30-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man, thinks we are too soft....!!
Old 10-30-2007   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Even if that were true (players reacting to the interception returner and not seeing the initial hit on Schaub), I am sure that the hit was shown on the replay and certainly coaches up in the box saw it and could relay it down to the field...
I am sure that in SD they wouldn't replay a hit on the QB in the stadium. They followed the ball carrier.

Even after the game, Kubiak said he wanted to look at the tape.

Stuff on the field looks different than when you are watching the game on TV. That's why I always TiVO games that I was at, unless I goon and forget.
Old 10-30-2007   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Not alot of things worse than a soft football team. Or a team coached to be soft.
Old 10-30-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I am sure that in SD they wouldn't replay a hit on the QB in the stadium. They followed the ball carrier.

Even after the game, Kubiak said he wanted to look at the tape.

Stuff on the field looks different than when you are watching the game on TV. That's why I always TiVO games that I was at, unless I goon and forget.
Of course Kubiak wanted to look at the tape after the game - thats as cliche as Craig Biggio saying "we wanted to do this 'for the fans'" - but dont think for a second that the coaches in the box, didnt see it and I know that someone on the sideline saw it...

If anything, the television softens the blow compared to at field level.
Old 10-30-2007   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think on the official injury report, Kubiak is listing Schaub's injury as a "bobo".

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read