Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2007   #41
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we ruining another QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Dude, how long have you been stewing over that hatred? Seriously, it's not good for the heart and soul. It's just a game yada yada yada they play we watch.

yeah, the o-line is a major problem (once again). But it doesn't take away from the fact that YKW never put in the effort that great QBs do. Things like working out with WRs in the off-season, leading by example, being a student of the game.

I'm not a hater. I rooted for the guy for years. But reality is what it is, and he was the wrong pick for the wrong situation. Maybe he could have been a better QB on another team. Maybe. That is a matter of debate. But the fact remains that he never went above and beyond what was required to be a good/great QB as a Houston Texan. Taking lots of glamour shots does not qualify one as anything other than a male model.

Some of you guys crack me up for confusing analysis with emotion.

Well double barrel I'll tell you something I'll let it go when people stop dancing on DC's Texan grave how about that. Got guy in here two years after the fact still got it in there sigs. Post one line snide remarks. I'll let it go when they do. And the reason he never went beyound the point of excellence, and why this still keeps coming up, is you had a good guy and a good prospect stuck in a position he had absolutly no controll over. He never quit and he didn't throw anyone under the bus untill the very end. All the while he was getting beat to death on the feild. Now you guys want to stcik to the party line...fine. But the fact remains you were wrong and this season is coming back into your face to prove it to you.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 10-30-2007 at 05:08 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #42
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
How in God's name can you post this drivel now. What I saw was a guy pull himself off the ground for you guys 248 times. And what did he get in return. Kicked in the teeth for three years. He was a warrior for you and you threw him under the bus. What it tells me there are a whole lot of folks who do not understand the physics, have no clue, of what a guy like albert Haynesworth falling on you at full bore dose to the body. Give it up. David Carr is not here. We are working now on the third QB this season. DC is not in the equation anymore. MS took 12 hits and he looks as though he is one more hit away from being done for the year. The elimination of David Carr was not the majic bean you told us all it would be. And no matter how you spin it...you were wrong there old hoss.
What drivel...the truth. You guys wanted to say his stats were great last year throwing short so what is "off" about the truth of Schaub's stats up until the last two starts. Your not a Texans fan, you are a Carr fan who just waits for failure. Carr is still doing his song and dance in Carolina and he looks just as bad. Schaub is taking hits and is still trying to go down field. The fact is, when you spew crap like this, it just shows that you don't know jack about football when watching it and that you are only seeing with your "hope he fails" goggles when watching. Schaub has still shown to be a better QB and the Texans are better off than they were before. Anyone who knows football sees this. Carr being able to take a hit doesn't make him a good QB. He still couldn't play in the pocket and he still can't now. You guys were sure quiet until 2 weeks ago. Pretty sad.."hoss." O-line or not, we are in better shape with Schaub. Now go wish on a star that Dave can beat out a 43 year old journeyman. You've proven nothing but how big a fan you really are. Heck you said it best in another thread

Quote:
QB. B+.- Matt Schaub has proven to be a competent quarterback. He doesn’t throw as well on the run a he does in the pocket. He does have the feet and the clock in his head to avoid disasters in the pocket. What remains to be seen is whether he is tough enough to with stand the assault he will be subjected to the rest of the season.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 10-30-2007 at 05:07 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #43
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How in God's name can you post this drivel now. What I saw was a guy pull himself off the ground for you guys 248 times. And what did he get in return. Kicked in the teeth for three years. He was a warrior for you and you threw him under the bus. What it tells me there are a whole lot of folks who do not understand the physics, have no clue, of what a guy like albert Haynesworth falling on you at full bore dose to the body. Give it up. David Carr is not here. We are working now on the third QB this season. DC is not in the equation anymore. MS took 12 hits and he looks as though he is one more hit away from being done for the year. The elimination of David Carr was not the majic bean you told us all it would be. And no matter how you spin it...you were wrong there old hoss.
So, is he sweet or salty???
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well double barrel I'll tell you something I'll let it go when people stop dancing on DC's Texan grave how about that. Got guy in here two years after the fact still got it in there sigs. Post one line snide remarks. I'll let it go when they do. And the reason he never went beyound the point of excellence, and why this still keeps coming up, is you had a good guy and a good prospect stuck in a position he had absolutly no controll over. He never quit and he didn't throw anyone under the bus untill the very end. All the while he was getting beat to death on the feild. Now you guys want to stcik to the party line...fine. But the fact remains you were wrong and this season is coming back into your face to prove it to you.
Not really. I think everyone who is/was realistic knew the Oline was borderline mediocre. Carr sucked either way. I think it's safe for you to blow out the candles on your Shrine de Carr. Go ahead and toss the soiled photos of him in the fire and let your love for him go. It's therapeutic, so go ahead Petey, release the love.
Old 10-30-2007   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Awe, c'mon now, Petey. Everyone has the right to discuss former players around these parts, especially when they played here for five seasons.

Nobody said YKW was a bad guy, and I think most folks would not argue that the situation did not allow for him to grow as a player and probably set his deficiencies in stone. And be that as it may, he knew the status of our o-line/running game when he gladly accepted a large bonus to re-sign with the team. But that still did not mean that he was dedicated to growing as a player by doing the things that the great ones do. Heck, even mediocre QBs work out in the off-season with their WRs, and AJ said he never did that in four seasons with the boy.

As far as being wrong, about what? Schaub is a better QB, and YKW has proven to be less than a valid no. 2. So it can't be that part. The line? Yeah, I guess we should always disclaimer our opinions with "unless someone integral gets hurt". Losing McKinney was a huge blow, and not something that I think anyone predicted.

The only thing I was "wrong" about was misplaced optimism that these linemen had some sack and skills. So please excuse me for trying to look at the positive side of things. I'm not a master of negativity like some folks seem to be.
Old 10-30-2007   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And the reason he never went beyound the point of excellence, and why this still keeps coming up, is you had a good guy and a good prospect stuck in a position he had absolutly no controll over.
Was Carr fighting up hill?--sure.
Was he abused?--sure.
Did he show up on game day?--except for leadership, yes he was a gamer.

Did he give it his all?--not even close as has been well established particularly after his departure and with the contrast to the work and extra work Schaub does/

Did he have absolutely no control?--nope, see answer above. If he had studied like Peyton Manning or Schaub, done some extra work with the receivers, come up with some ways to be a leader beyond merely his play on the field, then he would have done everything within his control, but he didn't.
Old 10-30-2007   #47
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
One thing I am going to point out is that if you look back at the first 3 games that the team played very well, Schaub did throw some very poor passes. Seemingly he threw them up for grabs. I am not saying that Schaub is terrible or anything. Just saying that he was showing a habit for throwing interceptions when we were playing better.
i've argued this point to friends and they didn't want to hear it, hopefully it's growing pains, rep to you
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2007   #48
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

I say we get him out of that damned number 8 jersey!
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #49
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Dude, how long have you been stewing over that hatred? Seriously, it's not good for the heart and soul. It's just a game yada yada yada they play we watch.

yeah, the o-line is a major problem (once again). But it doesn't take away from the fact that YKW never put in the effort that great QBs do. Things like working out with WRs in the off-season, leading by example, being a student of the game.

I'm not a hater. I rooted for the guy for years. But reality is what it is, and he was the wrong pick for the wrong situation. Maybe he could have been a better QB on another team. Maybe. That is a matter of debate. But the fact remains that he never went above and beyond what was required to be a good/great QB as a Houston Texan. Taking lots of glamour shots does not qualify one as anything other than a male model.

Some of you guys crack me up for confusing analysis with emotion

does that hold true for you as well
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #50
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

To the answer to your question: Are we ruining another QB?

Well............hell Yeah, let me ask you what do YOU think.

Wow what a smart one here. (being sarcastic)
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #51
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
does that hold true for you as well

Is this a question or a statement? You're attempt at being cryptic has failed.
Old 11-01-2007   #52
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

The premise to this question is all wrong.

Schaub can do things that Carr will never be able to do (his reads, his release).

So, are we ruining "another" QB? No, we didn't ruin the first one.

But if we cannot protect Schaub, he will not be any good to us on IR.

I think a reliable running game would help tremendously, even without solid pass blocking.
Old 11-01-2007   #53
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

Schaub can do things that Carr will never be able to do (his reads, his release).

But if we cannot protect Schaub, he will not be any good to us on IR.

I think a reliable running game would help tremendously, even without solid pass blocking.
Well said!Rep
Old 11-01-2007   #54
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 44539 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

A chandelier and a beer mug aren't the same thing, but if you pound them into the ground for long enough, the results are the same.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

How many boo boos by free safety have led to points against us? Regardless, we can do nothing until end of this year when

1. AJ will be back and have a few games in to change the way we see offense
2. Green may be healthy rest of year and maybe " " " " " "
3. White may win starter role at center eliminating that need
4. Bennett could win " " " CB " " "
5. Schaub returns for N.O. & reverts to being very good

We draft 1) LT & get a 2nd in trade down
2nd) we get a FS
3rd) we get an Aldridge type RB to support Green/ Eche
4th) Best OLB
5th) BPA

I can dream can't I?
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read