Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2007   #21
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Laughing and joking on the sideline

I am infuriated about the incompetence on the feild. I called the Texans today and asked them what they were selling me, and I got an I dont know.
Dammit we had better get it together or I will be getting arrested in Oakland, for hopping the fence and getting in Kubes grill. I woould have every last player standing at attention for the raiders game. As soon as you get off the feild you go to your assigned spot and stand at attention, you do not do it then get to the locker room. I am going to Chron.Titans and leaving Johnny McClain a link to this thread.
Old 10-29-2007   #22
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I was upset when Turk and Pittman were laughing about. As for the offensive linemen not getting back at the Chargers after the cheap shot on Schuab, I kind of understand that. You have to remember that Schaub threw an interception on that play so they were probably focused on trying to tackle the guy. I think by the time that play ended, it was too late for anyone to do anything about the hit.
Good point plus they probably weren't looking at Schaub during the play. You would have thought that somebody on the field or on the sideline saw it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #23
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Good point plus they probably weren't looking at Schaub during the play. You would have thought that somebody on the field or on the sideline saw it.

Watch the replay. Salaam and Pitts were coming from their side of the line toward Schaub because the run back was on the other side of the field. They were 5 yards or so away; it was right in front of them.
Old 10-29-2007   #24
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 23391 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Romo being completely distraught after the bad snap then failing to run the ball in last year is after all better than standing around laughing. But, on second thought perhaps laughter is more masculine than crying even if you do really care. Oh well!
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #25
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston teams are always too nice. When Olajuwon played he'd get all pissed off and whip people in shape and look, they won two rings.
Old 10-29-2007   #26
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

The non-retaliation is much worse than the laughing on the sidelines. Kickers/punters aren't really football players (except when Kris beat Miami almost singlehandedly). They are something else. Someone should have beat the crap out of that guy that hit Schaub. It's like hitting the batter in baseball. If you don't do it, you are soft.

Last edited by nut; 10-29-2007 at 09:40 PM.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #27
GrandeDavid
Brazil

Seriously, Matt Turkey was laughing on the sideline? He should've buried his head like an ostrich. What the hell was he laughing about!?
GrandeDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2007   #28
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Laughing and joking on the sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Ditto.....

As far as Turk goes....

Instead of trying to cover the ball, he should have kicked it out of the end zone. I thought he knew this?
I was thinking the same thing. Just get rid of it.
As far as the laughing goes; that's unacceptable. Hopefully the coaches will be in his face all week But they shouldn't have to light a fire under them- that should be on autopilot.
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #29
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Houston teams are always too nice. When Olajuwon played he'd get all pissed off and whip people in shape and look, they won two rings.
Of course, those Rockets teams had talent. These Texans still don't.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #30
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I am infuriated about the incompetence on the feild. I called the Texans today and asked them what they were selling me, and I got an I dont know.
sorry (and maybe its just me) but i couldn't stop laughing when i imagined how that conversation went
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #31
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
I was pretty pissed when I saw them laughing and carring on as well. On the same note, I was pissed when I saw Schaub get decked and not one person did a damn thing about it or reacted.

I fall in line with the rest of everyone here and say this team has no heart and no nastieness. . . . Same old story.
Yeah, I wonder if the likes of dunta robinson and andre johnson are going to want out of this losing culture that the Texans have basically become.
With all the trade mishaps adding to the wound.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #32
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I must have missed the laughing, it could have been the bllod pooring from my eyes at that point out of frustrattion.

I saw Pittman interviewed on ABC by Bob Allen Sunday night and the guy looked like he has going to cry. He spoke with his voice cracking and was at a complete loss to explain how he screwed up the snap. He mentioned in an interview the D shifted and somehow he began to focus more on making his block rather than the snap, he took complete responsability for his mistake which is more than some players on this team. The guy has not had a bad snap since he was in college and clearly was at a loss for how to handle it!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #33
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
How about Matt Turk getting in Pittmans grill?!!? Show some passion and desire.... I would have rather seen a scuffle on the sideline over that debacle than watching Turk laugh about it...
From what I heard on the radio, Pittman was beating himself up pretty good over the botched snap while Turk and Brown were having such a good time on the sideline.

It is a little thing, but it truly reflects on the lack of passion and discipline this team has right now. For Kubiak to say that Mario, the offensive line, running backs, the defense are all playing great right now shows me where the problem is. If he truly believes that, and Capers believed it as well, then we have a serious problem at the top.
Old 10-30-2007   #34
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I find nothing funnier than fans constant attempts to have player display the proper emotion/attitude at the absolute correct time. A couple of weeks ago it was how dare Travis Johnson still be mad after the game because he thought someone tried to take his knee out. This week, how dare any Texans observe something funny or drop a oneliner during a loss?

Memo to fans, the players aren't given a little chart of when to display this emotion, have this facial expression, or sign that it ok to laugh/smile, etc. Go figure as humans they are not going to do, say or react in the correct manner all the time. We read way too much into this stuff.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
From what I heard on the radio, Pittman was beating himself up pretty good over the botched snap while Turk and Brown were having such a good time on the sideline.

It is a little thing, but it truly reflects on the lack of passion and discipline this team has right now. For Kubiak to say that Mario, the offensive line, running backs, the defense are all playing great right now shows me where the problem is. If he truly believes that, and Capers believed it as well, then we have a serious problem at the top.
I heard later on about Pittman beating himself up - which is good, or at least the fact that he recognized the mistake...

Anyone hear on 610 Night shift (not sure if it was Adam or Danny), but he refused to beleive that Turk was smiling on the sidelines - even after several callers brought it up... I know what I saw, and I know many of you know what you saw, and it was inexusable...
Old 10-30-2007   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I think I find nothing funnier than fans constant attempts to have player display the proper emotion/attitude at the absolute correct time. A couple of weeks ago it was how dare Travis Johnson still be mad after the game because he thought someone tried to take his knee out. This week, how dare any Texans observe something funny or drop a oneliner during a loss?

Memo to fans, the players aren't given a little chart of when to display this emotion, have this facial expression, or sign that it ok to laugh/smile, etc. Go figure as humans they are not going to do, say or react in the correct manner all the time. We read way too much into this stuff.
Not really, bro. Did you see the hit? It was violently cheap. Displaying some sort of unhappiness is not asking too much.

Also, I think Travis did everything correctly that week. I'da probably been more mad if I were him...the block by Trent could have easily ended his season.
Old 10-30-2007   #37
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Not really, bro. Did you see the hit? It was violently cheap. Displaying some sort of unhappiness is not asking too much.

Also, I think Travis did everything correctly that week. I'da probably been more mad if I were him...the block by Trent could have easily ended his season.
Not saying Travis right or wrong either way, but that he was being human. there were plenty of posts on how classless he was.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #38
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not saying Travis right or wrong either way, but that he was being human. there were plenty of posts on how classless he was.
Oh yea, I remember them, didn't understand them though.

I don't think this one we are reading too much in though. It was bad IMO.
Old 10-30-2007   #39
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody read the chronicle this morning? I believe it was N.D. Kalu who made a comment about our qb getting cheap shotted two weeks in a row. He said it was unacceptable and the team should do something about it, maybe go after the other team's qb and everybody pitch in a pay the fine. He said this team was too nice and said something about playing old school football. Now thats what I want to see, some fire and passion from some of our players!!!!
Old 10-30-2007   #40
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Exactly--win a game and nothing was done wrong. Lose a game and every facet of every player is wrong and fans suddenly become omniscient on heart, intentions, effort, etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read