Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2007   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Laughing and joking on the sideline

After yesterdays forfieture to the San Diego Chargers I was very upset to see Matt Turkey (who can't feild a botched snap) Laughing and carrying on with Kris Brown on the sideline. What kind of Coach is Kubes if he controls this team so loosely. Mat Turkey should be suspended with out pay for his actions Sunday. Petey Fagins should be fired, Mat Flanigan should be shipped back to Scottland. Someone has got to step up and Tell these Guys that this is Football not tiddly Winks. And if they cannot get into the attitude to Win a game then get off the Team. When I was a kid The coaches pulled you if you so much a let out a giggle while the game was going on, and that was when we were winning. These Guys get paid a lot of Jack to play 60 minutes of football and they get away with playing 15 minutes. If they would let me I would light a fire under thier asses.
Old 10-29-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Laughing and joking on the sideline

matt turkey?! genius. how'd you ever come up with a bon mot like that?
Old 10-29-2007   #3
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Send a message via AIM to inschaubwetrust

Well, in all reality, would moping about completely embarrassed about the botched snap incident have been much better? The last thing that a team side-line needs is negativity. Not to say that Matt Turk had a lot to be laughing about, but I would take that over self-pity and whining.

Vince Young sucks.
inschaubwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Well, in all reality, would moping about completely embarrassed about the botched snap incident have been much better? The last thing that a team side-line needs is negativity. Not to say that Matt Turk had a lot to be laughing about, but I would take that over self-pity and whining.
yes I'd rather have them moping, complaining, shouting, etc....ANYTHING but laughing...laughing while losing = a losers mentality............I'm with dude that started this thread............I remember watching tmac laugh and joke with "opposing" players when the rockets were getting blown out at home last year.....that made my blood boil.....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by inschaubwetrust View Post
I would have loved to see a coach getting in his face. There is no excuse. This isn't a joke. We play to win like everyone else. Old guy kicker can't just come around, make a few bucks, laugh at mistakes he makes that cost us points, and expect nobody to get mad.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
yes I'd rather have them moping, complaining, shouting, etc....ANYTHING but laughing...laughing while losing = a losers mentality............I'm with dude that started this thread............I remember watching tmac laugh and joke with "opposing" players when the rockets were getting blown out at home last year.....that made my blood boil.....
dam...I'm finding myself in agreement with Dream!

used to be that joking, handshakes would occur just after the game, but more and more I'm seeing fraternizing during the game.

I dunno...I guess I'm too competitive for pro sports...
Old 10-29-2007   #7
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

it's messed up, because you have Tom Brady getting upset that his team couldn't convert a 3rd down yesterday even when they were up by a gazillion points and then you look at the texans and they're giddy little school girls on the sideline when they're getting their heads smashed in.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2007   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
it's messed up, because you have Tom Brady getting upset that his team couldn't convert a 3rd down yesterday even when they were up by a gazillion points and then you look at the texans and they're giddy little school girls on the sideline when they're getting their heads smashed in.
I think it is a reflection of the coaches. Someone needs to get on these guys about this...seriously get in their face...challenge them. I don't care if it's the recievers coach. Someone step up.

Hey Turk, this isn't a freakin joke to us fans. We don't get paid to watch ya'll lose...we actually care.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think laughing at #29 after you decked him for cheap shotting Schaub would be OK .
Old 10-29-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Matt Turk getting in Pittmans grill?!!? Show some passion and desire.... I would have rather seen a scuffle on the sideline over that debacle than watching Turk laugh about it...
Old 10-29-2007   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
dam...I'm finding myself in agreement with Dream!

used to be that joking, handshakes would occur just after the game, but more and more I'm seeing fraternizing during the game.

I dunno...I guess I'm too competitive for pro sports...
Ditto.....

As far as Turk goes....

Instead of trying to cover the ball, he should have kicked it out of the end zone. I thought he knew this?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think laughing at #29 after you decked him for cheap shotting Schaub would be OK .
If anyone on the team had the balls to do it, of course...

The fact that our linemen have no desire to get mad when our QB is taking hits speaks volumes of them, IMO. They are a joke that is not funny.
Old 10-29-2007   #13
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game, 20 yard line, Texans bench side, 6 rows from the field.

Most of the people in my section laughed at the Turk replay.

Also, Pittman was working on his long snapping all game, but Kris Brown was the one catching the snap while Turk just stood around.

It just looked odd. Maybe there was a good reason for that?
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #14
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I was pretty pissed when I saw them laughing and carring on as well. On the same note, I was pissed when I saw Schaub get decked and not one person did a damn thing about it or reacted.

I fall in line with the rest of everyone here and say this team has no heart and no nastieness. . . . Same old story.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
On the same note, I was pissed when I saw Schaub get decked and not one person did a damn thing about it or reacted.

It's because these guys don't really care about each other. Until that starts to happen this team will not win.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was pretty pissed when I saw them laughing and carring on as well. On the same note, I was pissed when I saw Schaub get decked and not one person did a damn thing about it or reacted.

I fall in line with the rest of everyone here and say this team has no heart and no nastieness. . . . Same old story.
Agreed, and I agree with most on this thread.

One, no joking whatsoever...how about looking pissed off, like maybe what is going on is unacceptable.

Two. Why fraternize during the game? How about knocking someone's damn head off. Geez....and not defending the QB, it's beyond me. Kubes needs to snap the reigns back...hard.
Old 10-29-2007   #17
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
How about Matt Turk getting in Pittmans grill?!!? Show some passion and desire.... I would have rather seen a scuffle on the sideline over that debacle than watching Turk laugh about it...
I co-sign this. I want some passion on this team. Why don't we let Dunta start a weekly "punch-a-player-in-the-grill" contest. The biggest screw up of the week gets a side line visit after a loss.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I co-sign this. I want some passion on this team. Why don't we let Dunta start a weekly "punch-a-player-in-the-grill" contest. The biggest screw up of the week gets a side line visit after a loss.

You know, I hear a lot of ideas that are lame after a loss. I hear a lot that make me roll my eyes. I also hear a lot that agree with.

And then there is always one, maybe two, per week that make me stand up and say "DAY-UMN! That's a great freakin' idea!"

Punch a player in the grill is that one fantastic idea this week. Earlier today someone posted Dunta's mailing address - I may send this to him and ask him to put in in the ole suggestion box.

Can we get a emoticon of a smiley putting a fist in a turkey's grill or something like that?

Me, loving it so much I'm busting out another haiku on it.

Dunta is pissed off.
Incompetence surrounds him.
Matt Turk should spit teeth.
Old 10-29-2007   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
It's amazing to me that D-Rob, after all the years he's been with this losing franchise, still has such a powerful will to win so badly. His intensity to
succeed on the field is still there.
If we ever, ever get this thing turned around he will probably be the happiest. Assuming he's still here.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was pretty pissed when I saw them laughing and carring on as well. On the same note, I was pissed when I saw Schaub get decked and not one person did a damn thing about it or reacted
I was upset when Turk and Pittman were laughing about. As for the offensive linemen not getting back at the Chargers after the cheap shot on Schuab, I kind of understand that. You have to remember that Schaub threw an interception on that play so they were probably focused on trying to tackle the guy. I think by the time that play ended, it was too late for anyone to do anything about the hit.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read