Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2007   #1
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Send a message via AIM to inschaubwetrust
Default Sit Schaub?

Not for poor play, but rather to rest up. He has had the hell beat out of him the last couple of weeks and could use the time off. Perhaps it could help.

Thoughts?

Vince Young sucks.
inschaubwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sit Schaub?

Agreed. He needs the time off next week plus the bye. He has gotten absolutely hammered.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #3
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446

I would rest him this week as well, effectively giving him 2 weeks off to get healthy and hopefully AJ is ready to go after the bye with him to try to get some positive out of the remaining Texans season...
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by checo446 View Post
I would rest him this week as well, effectively giving him 2 weeks off to get healthy and hopefully AJ is ready to go after the bye with him to try to get some positive out of the remaining Texans season...
That's what I was thinking get everyone healthy at the same time and maybe we can get this thing back on track.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by inschaubwetrust View Post
Not for poor play, but rather to rest up. He has had the hell beat out of him the last couple of weeks and could use the time off. Perhaps it could help.

Thoughts?
The Texans may not have any options. He might have to be sat.

I wonder a lot about the Texans training/medical staff.

I understand them being completely disingenous about injuries. That happens in the NFL.

What I don't understand is how they handle injured players. Figuring out if they are okay to play. Schaub has obviously been struggling for weeks. Jacoby Jones was ok'd to play against the Titans and was obviously not ok. Ahman is ok'd sometimes to play, even when he isn't right. There was the delay in diagnosis of Jerome Mathis.
Old 10-29-2007   #6
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
What I don't understand is how they handle injured players. Figuring out if they are okay to play. Schaub has obviously been struggling for weeks. Jacoby Jones was ok'd to play against the Titans and was obviously not ok. Ahman is ok'd sometimes to play, even when he isn't right. There was the delay in diagnosis of Jerome Mathis.
I agree with this statement 100%.

Also, a concussion is serious business. Matt looked totally lost on the bench.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I agree with this statement 100%.

Also, a concussion is serious business. Matt looked totally lost on the bench.
I don't know why they still had him out there. They didn't seem to have any medical folks with him either from the shots they showed.
Old 10-29-2007   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub is messing around with a concussion, then yeah, sit him, but if you want to sit him just to give him a 2 week break, then no. Having him on the field is our best chance to win and the Raiders game is very much a winnable, much needed game.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus Schaub's concussion might have been healed by Jesus already, just like Kitna's.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs to be held out. I felt sorry for him yesterday.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I don't know why they still had him out there. They didn't seem to have any medical folks with him either from the shots they showed.

I was wondering the same thing. That was after jumping up and down in my living room absolutely LIVID about that cheap shot he took. What made me even madder was that I didn't see ONE TEXAN give him a helping hand. What's the matter with our OL anyway??! Those guys SUCK! I would rather see one of them get thrown out of the game for defending his QB than to see them all just look at Matt like he was some piece of California dirt. Man, I was TICKED off!!! Dont bother to give me this "we need them" attitude either. Most of them are playing like high school kids anyway, so getting thrown out for defending your QB might not be such a bad thing. JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #12
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

It is time to think this way.
Not for long term, but he needs to clear his head.
And he is young and inexperienced too. Maybe he needs to watch a game.
He did not look ready to start the Charger game. Those two picks were his fault. Some may say the first one was tipped, but it did not change the trajectory.
Old 10-29-2007   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I have not read any of Coach Kubiak's comments post game but I would not be surprised to hear him say that it's his fault Matt was playing....he made the same mistake last week with Jones and his shoulder was not game ready.

Kubiak is a work in progress.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #14
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2575 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd sit him also. Oakland sucks against the run, so might as well let Sage hand the ball off to Echemandu. I don't understand the knocks on Schaub's durability, he's been taking some vicious hits. But, you can tell it's affecting his decision making.

Last edited by rollinstone18; 10-29-2007 at 10:32 PM.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #15
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Schaub feels punked by Kubiak. I seem to remember Schaub asking Kubiak about the protection issue in their little golf game while Kubiak was trying to get him signed. I'm sure Schaub really regrets trusting him now. Oh by the way, just think of how terrible we would look if we still had Carr - that vision should make us all feel a little better.
Old 10-29-2007   #16
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
I bet Schaub feels punked by Kubiak. I seem to remember Schaub asking Kubiak about the protection issue in their little golf game while Kubiak was trying to get him signed. I'm sure Schaub really regrets trusting him now. Oh by the way, just think of how terrible we would look if we still had Carr - that vision should make us all feel a little better.
That is true. As far as being passer goes, Carr wouldn't make a pimple on the ass of Matt Schaub. However, for all of his faults, Carr kept getting up. There was fight inside that kid. That's why he at least has my respect (those ridiculous gloves aside).

Vince Young sucks.
Old 10-29-2007   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is true. As far as being passer goes, Carr wouldn't make a pimple on the ass of Matt Schaub. However, for all of his faults, Carr kept getting up. There was fight inside that kid. That's why he at least has my respect (those ridiculous gloves aside).
Carr had a much stronger arm than Schaub, and could make certain throws
that Schaub could only dream about. But its true, Schaub is a more accurate passer, for now. But if he keeps getting hit like he has (in less than half of one season), and he may curse the day he dicided to accept Kubiaks offer to come here.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #18
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Carr had a much stronger arm than Schaub, and could make certain throws
that Schaub could only dream about. But its true, Schaub is a more accurate passer, for now. But if he keeps getting hit like he has (in less than half of one season), and he may curse the day he dicided to accept Kubiaks offer to come here.
Having the strongest arm in the world doesn't mean much when you throw ugly, erratic passes that are off the mark most of the time. The only reason that Carr had such a high completion percentage was because he rarely threw it more than 3 yards down the field. However, you do make a point, Schaub doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that will stick with it and get the hell beat out of him like Carr did. We really need to invest in an offensive line.

Vince Young sucks.
Old 10-29-2007   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We really need to invest in an offensive line.
I'm not a football expert by any means, but I have to ask, what's the point in spending millions of dollars on a QB and NOT on the O-line?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #20
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to know also why they just let Matt sit over there on the bench writhing in pain. No one did anything when he was rolling on the field, geesh, I wanted to throw something. WHere did all that heart and team spirit go from the first part of the year.

I for one hope they don't put Matt in. Does anyone know if Kubiak has done anything about that ***** that headbutted Matt? He should be suspended. FIning him does nothing, they all make too much money., Makes me sick
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read