Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Ray of Hope - D-Rob !

All is not lost - we've still got pound-for-pound the toughest, hardest hitting player in the NFL. I counted atleast 2 times he single-handedly made
open-field tackles on LT today. And I remember a couple of outstanding plays in pass-protection.
The fierce little warrior leads by example some times. I just dunno why most of the other players haven't been paying attention ?
More than ever, he's still my favorite Texan. Dang I'd sure like to see him make that trip to Honolulu one of these years in February, but its so hard to
get voted to the PB when you're stuck on a team like ours.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Ray of Hope - D-Rob !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
All is not lost - we've still got pound-for-pound the toughest, hardest hitting player in the NFL. I counted atleast 2 times he single-handedly made
open-field tackles on LT today. And I remember a couple of outstanding plays in pass-protection.
The fierce little warrior leads by example some times. I just dunno why most of the other players haven't been paying attention ?
More than ever, he's still my favorite Texan. Dang I'd sure like to see him make that trip to Honolulu one of these years in February, but its so hard to
get voted to the PB when you're stuck on a team like ours.
He is my favorite Texan too. I like secondary guys but this guy has been playing with us threw alot of hard times and been in my opinion the best defensive on the team performer since he was drafted.

I voted him into the PB already.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He is my favorite Texan too. I like secondary guys but this guy has been playing with us threw alot of hard times and been in my opinion the best defensive on the team performer since he was drafted.

I voted him into the PB already.
We have to vote everyday to get Dunta in, he deserves it though, we should make it a priority each day to get 1 vote for Dunta before doing anything else on this board.
Old 10-28-2007   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I guess many don't feel accountability/responsibility. I don't know.
Old 10-28-2007   #5
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I'm a bit worried though.

Isn't he a FA after this season?

If so, what is stopping him from playing on a team that cares about winning and is willing to throw money at him?

I guess if he leaves and goes to a winning team he deserves it and I really couldn't blame him, as long as it isn't in our division he'd still be one of my favorite players.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

If so, what is stopping him from playing on a team that cares about winning and is willing to throw money at him?

I guess if he leaves and goes to a winning team he deserves it and I really couldn't blame him, as long as it isn't in our division he'd still be one of my favorite players.
I think he would be a restricted FA.......but I may be wrong.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I could really see him refusing an extension this year leaving the Texans next year.

Dunta is a competitor and a winner. He doesn't belong on this team.
Old 10-28-2007   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I could really see him refusing an extension this year leaving the Texans next year.

Yup.

It's time Dunta went and got his.

I am actually feeling bad, as a Texans fan, that he's having to endure this as a professional athlete.

I have no hard feelings if the guy bolts (excuse the pun) after this year.
Old 10-28-2007   #9
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Send a message via AIM to inschaubwetrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

That would be a shame, he is an excellent CB. Easily one of the best in the league. It's not easy to replace a guy with his presence on the field. With that said, last I checked, he didn't have any complaints with his place in the franchise.

Vince Young sucks.
inschaubwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred Bennett and Dunta Robinson have some prior connections so maybe Dunta will want to stay with his bud. That pick (Bennett) may end up being some sort of insurance one day. Thought it deserved pointing out.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #11
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I'm embarrassed," cornerback Dunta Robinson said. "I didn't sign up to be a loser."

"I play angry every week," Robinson said. "Maybe more of us should play like that. I don't know if we're trying to make friends or what, but we've got to play angry because we're getting our butts kicked."
link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5252377.html

Looks like hes ready to get out of this ****fest.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

If I were him, I would just default on my contract...and sit out until I could return with a different team.

There's no reason he should be subjected to this.

None.

He has stuck it out, he's done his part. Time for Dunta to take care of Dunta.

I'm not being silly. I am absolutely dead-dog serious about it. I feel for the guy.
Old 10-28-2007   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

I saw that Quote on Channel 13s Inside the game tonight . He didn't seem too pleased .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

Actually we have him for another year. The Texans have some big bux this off season. First priority should be to give Dunta a new contract.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
I saw that Quote on Channel 13s Inside the game tonight . He didn't seem too pleased .
Paraphrasing, I can't remember exactly:

Dunta was asked what they talk about after a game like this to get back on track and he said something like "we talk too much".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If I were him, I would just default on my contract...and sit out until I could return with a different team.

There's no reason he should be subjected to this.

None.
Well, the contract he signed and the money he took would be a couple reasons for an ethical man.
Old 10-29-2007   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i thought he was able to leave after this year. if so, you're right...that's a first priority signing right there. if dunta leaves our defense is in a hole again, just as it looked to be turning around...
Anyone else hoping that Dunta demands a new defensive Co-ordinator who has to sell his defense to Dunta, Demeco, and Travis Johnson (Yes I said it) before he signs a new contract?

Sometimes I think it should be taken into account what your young studs want from a defense when selecting your DC. It is really rare in football to have extremely young players leading your defense, and thats what we have, so if you want to keep them we better make them happy this off season.
Old 10-29-2007   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Fortunately for us the team is holding all cards when his contract up after next season. Besides offering an absurd amount of money, which we will be in position to, he can be franchise tagged. (See Asante Samuel for reference minus the winning of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read