Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2004   #1
PSL for life
Rookie

Default Kill Payton

Why is he still on the field throwing the ball? And when you get a chance on a PIC someone needs to take his head off. Overall the worst day in Texan's history. How embarrassing.
Old 11-14-2004   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why is Peyton Manning throwing still?

there is 10:31 42-7 and Manning is throwing. one of those Texans needs to lay a hit on him. this is just too disrespectful. good job for Peek picking him. but if he comes in, and keeps throwing, i'm sorry but he deserves a cheap shot to take him out. you disrespect the Texans, we disrespect you.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #3
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Why get on Peyton? He showed up for work, we didn't.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #4
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't think ya'll get it. i know the Texans stunk it up, but this isn't college football. this just shows no class on the colts part. there's liek 4 minutes left and manning is throwing bombs. i don't care how bad we played, it's about respect. don't go jumping on me. i watched the game, i saw the Texans tink it up.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #5
PSL for life
Rookie

Too bad we don't deserve respect but you're right that is NO class on the part of the Colts. Something that will come back to bite them hopefully in the form of an injury 12/12 at Reliant.
Old 11-14-2004   #6
phan1
All Pro

This is totally unsportsmanlike! This is one classless orginization and the fans are as well. I can't believe they're doing this. You've got a RB like James, it's 3rd and short, just run out the clock! NO CLASS WHATSOEVER! I can't believe a respectable coach like Dungy would do this. I hope Manning gets his lights knocked out of him. I understand when you've got a full quarter left to play (anything can happen in football), but once you're at eh 5 min mark, it's time to pack you're bags and go him.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #7
PSL for life
Rookie

Default More on Manning

I've always hated that guy - ever since he stayed around at Tenn. to try and get the Heisman and then cried (yes cried) at the ceremony when didn't get it. He's a wuss - great QB but a cry baby, daddy's boy, spoiled wus.
Old 11-14-2004   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

if I were a colts fan and came on here. I'd think we have a bunch of crybabies(no disrespect to yall).. but the fact is.. the colts are running their offense.. we can't stop it today. that is the bottom line.. yes I am suprised that manning is still in.. I guess the people in the stands and on TV are getting their moneys worth.. they are seeing the stars play... (and on the same argument why is CARR still in the game?) .... The Colts showed up.. WE didn't ..that is the bottom line.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #9
Doug
All Pro

Call it crying, whining, hurt feelings whatever....No, there is no excuse for losing so badly but at some point and time you show a little respect and class knowing that there's no possible comeback situation by the other team and run the clock down. To steadily shoot for touchdowns after being up by 35 points is beyond rubbing it in, it's childish and a complete lack of class. It is what it is and no matter how you slice it the better team won today, but any small bit of respect I had for the Colts is gone. Take it how ya want or call it what you want but you would have to be a completely naive, ignorant person not to see what they were doing, regardless of how ticked off at our team for not showing up, again, today.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSL for life
Why is he still on the field throwing the ball? And when you get a chance on a PIC someone needs to take his head off. Overall the worst day in Texan's history. How embarrassing.

Why was Carr still in the game? Star Power
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

These are pros on the field.. this isn't Oklahoma versus Angelo State in college football.. .If we would have been up by 35 .. people would be screaming that our offense is unstoppable and we are a superior team.. Colts are are a passing team.. they ran their offense. If we would have came back and won everybody would be in hog heaven.. I know that not every team comes back but it can happen.
http://www.buffalobills.com/history/...ardPlayoff.jsp
Old 11-14-2004   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Why was Carr still in the game? Star Power
exactly... we still had our best players in the game... as much as I hate a blowout like this.. the game is being played.. It should have showed the Texan players that 2 weeks in a row.. the playoff word was used.. and 2 weeks in a row it showed how far we have to go
Old 11-14-2004   #13
SESupergenius

its ok, but now they have to come to Houston and play. Hopefully we show up and but Manning on his ***. If you show someone up, then expect to pay the price.
Old 11-14-2004   #14
tex
Veteran

Default Payback

What goes around comes around, one day the Texans will beat the Colts, just like they beat the Titans. Then who will be laughing?
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We can talk all we want about how the Colts kept throwing and showed the Texans "no respect" but can anyone show me anything on that field wearing a Texans uniform that deserves any respect from the Colts? They completely owned us in every aspect of the game.
Old 11-14-2004   #16
profan
Veteran

He was still throwing because he could. We did nothing to stop him. He wanted to break Dan Marino's TD record on this game and if he played today's Texans a few more quarters, he would get the record. He only needs around 15+- more td passes. My question is why did our defense allow him to throw this much?
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #17
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I'm glad they kept Manning in the game and he kept passing. We need all the practice we can get on defense. I would be really embarrased if Sorgi was put in and he torched us also.
Old 11-14-2004   #18
texansfan88
All Pro

December 12th...
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #19
Txnpride
Veteran

Bottom line you dont try to run the score up once the game is won....That was very weak on the part of the Colts.....I would have sent a headhunter in the game and take him out......period!.Say what you will,but that was pathetic.Our team looked pathetic,but trying to throw the ball...up by that many points was very much like a slap in the face.I will be in the north endzone against the Packers...I hope I can make it to the rematch at our house....should be a bloodbath.
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #20
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txnpride
Bottom line you dont try to run the score up once the game is won....That was very weak on the part of the Colts.....I would have sent a headhunter in the game and take him out......period!
I disagree completely. You don't stop playing the game. You don't want Indy running up the score?? Try playing some freaking defense. The only thing I saw wrong with it is that if I were Dungy, I would at least had the 2nd team in there getting some snaps.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read