Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #21
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 58129 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Kudos!

The rest of you . . . grow up!
OK. What I would like to see addressed in the press conference.

1) How does Kubiak plan to fix his poor evaluation of talent when building his roster in the off-season? Why does he cut better players in favor of those with some connection to him or his other coaches?

2) Why doesn't he recognize (or if he has, admit) and then fix some of the mistakes he makes, rather than continuing to do the same thing over and over?

There. That was much nicer than making a few jokes.
Old 10-28-2007   #22
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #23
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
2) Why doesn't he recognize (or if he has, admit) and then fix some of the mistakes he makes, rather than continuing to do the same thing over and over?
That is the question to be answered now. I can wait for player evaluations, etc after the season is, once again, thankfully over.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #24
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Admittedly his "quirks" aren't the problem and probably aren't where we should be focusing our attention but you we've heard what he has to say following one of these "fiasco's" so many times now that we could give his generic post-loss speech with our eyes closed and only miss a few words.

The Texans suck, They can't be fixed until the end of the season at the earliest, We're at mid-season and thinking about draft and free agent moves AGAIN. I've had enough of that. Are they going to lose for an entire decade?
Teams don't become running jokes randomly or by accident. They get that bad because the people in charge of those teams suck so bad at what they do that they stay that way.

This is getting old. San Diego makes two games in a row that I didn't bother watching and didn't miss. Hell, I'm not going to make the effort to even watch them until the figure out how to run for over a hundred yards on somebody. Until then screw the Texans. I've got better things to do on my Sundays than watch them suck and Gary apologize.
Agree. They need to stop trying to become the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and get it straight. Again, you can't change an organization until you stop trying to do the perfect thing and end up doing the smart thing. You need to EXPECt winning, not hope that guys will turn into players in 3 years. DeMeco should be the example of what we need. Easier said than done but picking players and not "what ifs" would help. Mix in some attitude here and there too. Just having the label of a class organization doesn't get it done if you don't have a product.
Old 10-28-2007   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

His reaction is on NFL.com: Here it is. There are about 6 videos posted, just look for the one with Kubiak's face on it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #26
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
lame thread (well the last few posts)

wow kubiak isnt a public speaker, and hes not going to throw the team under the bus publicly

stop acting like kids bitching about his quirks
Relax, no one said, Kubiak acts a certain way at the podium so fire him cause those mannerisms make our players turn the ball over and get burned. We're just being lighthearted. I'm always amazed at how so many people can't wait to jump all over other board members. I for one like Kubiak, I've just noticed that he taps the podium all the time. Just an observation. Nothing more nothing less. I swear some people seem to look for posts to jump all over.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #27
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91511 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
His reaction is on NFL.com: Here it is. There are about 6 videos posted, just look for the one with Kubiak's face on it.
Well, pardon me for my sacrilege, but it sounded to me as if he was as aggravated, frustrated, and yes, embarrassed as the rest of us.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2007   #28
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak looks disappointed, pissed, and embarresed. I would be too.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #29
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, pardon me for my sacrilege, but it sounded to me as if he was as aggravated, frustrated, and yes, embarrassed as the rest of us.
That's what I got.
Old 10-28-2007   #30
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Relax, no one said, Kubiak acts a certain way at the podium so fire him cause those mannerisms make our players turn the ball over and get burned. We're just being lighthearted. I'm always amazed at how so many people can't wait to jump all over other board members. I for one like Kubiak, I've just noticed that he taps the podium all the time. Just an observation. Nothing more nothing less. I swear some people seem to look for posts to jump all over.
I agree. We come here to express opinions. Ragging on the coach a little isn't hurting a thing. People can be way too serious. Lighten the heck up. I think Kubiak is a good coach and think he can turn it around but the "aww shucks" things do get old. Deputy Dog Garner tried it and it sounded like excuses after awhile. I think Kubes can be a guy that is in your face if your not performing...see Carr...so I have no doubt it frustrates him. Just stop actimng above it all.
Old 10-28-2007   #31
quicksilver
Overweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
OK. What I would like to see addressed in the press conference.

1) How does Kubiak plan to fix his poor evaluation of talent when building his roster in the off-season? Why does he cut better players in favor of those with some connection to him or his other coaches?

There. That was much nicer than making a few jokes.

I'm mentally fatigued. You'll have to remind me who we've cut that is better than who we have.
Old 10-28-2007   #32
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

He cut Wali Lundy in favor of Samkon Gado.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #33
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
He cut Wali Lundy in favor of Samkon Gado.
I don't see the connection between Gado and Kubiak.
Old 10-28-2007   #34
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"That's about as bad as it could be," coach Gary Kubiak said. "We're a very sloppy team right now.

"We look like a very tired and slow team. The mistakes we make on a week-to-week basis are unacceptable and give you no chance. It's like the floodgates are open. We start making mistakes in the first half, and everything starts snowballing."
Gee, who job is it to get them ready again?
Old 10-28-2007   #35
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I don't see the connection between Gado and Kubiak.
uhh, read the bolded sentence above mine again.
Old 10-28-2007   #36
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Gee, who job is it to get them ready again?
I find this funny.

When I was little and I would complain about something my siblings would do, my dad always said the same thing to me.....

Dad - "Who is responsible for them?"

Me - "They are"

Dad - "And who is responsible for Travis?"

Me - "I am"

The moral of this story is, Kubiak can only get them as prepared as they are willing to be. The team needs to do better individually before they can play better as a team.
Old 10-28-2007   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He ought to let about 10 of us fans get the chance to address McNair, the coaches, and the players.

We eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff. We know what we see. The Buchanon trade which we knew was a joke when it was even being considered, the myriad of RBs who come and go, knowing that DD was a goner long before it was made public, and a lot of other no-brainer calls that I've seen a lot of fans make around here...we know, as a group, when we have a viable product and when we've had a show pony brought out ono the field.

We knew this year was a transitional year. We knew that NEXT season is when the dead money gets cleared, and the handcuffs come off.

But what we DON'T know is this: Will this team make a real splash in free agency, or will it go down the familiar road of bringing in cheap, washed-up guys on their 8th team who got here because they are somebody's buddy or played in GB or Denver.

Between the 08 draft and the jubilee of freed-up cap space, there is going to be (for me) the very real, and very exact, autopsy of this corpse known as the Texans. In short, McNair and the HC & GM are going to reveal who they are and what they're made of THIS offseason.

Nothing else matters to me right now. We could go winless the rest of the way, and I could care. We could get to the playoffs on a miracle run, and I wouldn't care...I might be intrigued, and I might stick around and watch...but I would still be a very cautious bystander at this point.

Give me the offseason, when the dead money is finally off the books, and give me the roster when we start camp next summer.

That's all I will need to have. That's when I'll know, for myself, whether McNair is for real or if he's running the L.A. Clippers of the NFL.

Casserly made all these cheap deals with teams' washed-up scrubs. And Rick Smith is making some progress, I admit it. But there will be a chance for this team, for the first time since its inception, to make a statement.

Give me the roster when camp starts, and I can pretty much tell you whether this team is here for the right reasons...or if it's a show pony.

Say all you want about Jerry Jones. It's easy to see why Cowboys fans are loyal, growing, and continue to stick around--The guy shells out bucks to try and win it every year. Period.
Old 10-29-2007   #38
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 58129 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
I'm mentally fatigued. You'll have to remind me who we've cut that is better than who we have.
Some of the same guys that a small minority of posters complained about as the moves were being made the past year and a half. You may have missed the posts though - they were frequently drowned out by "in Kubes we trust" rejoinders.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read