Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak Press Conference

Is anyone else awaiting Kubiak's press conference feeling like they need some explaining? I normally don't wait for Kubiak's press conferences (I still watch them) but I find myself anxious to hear what he has to say. Three weeks in a row we have played piss poor and have looked as if we were not prepared at all.

What do you expect out of the coach during this press conference? Do you expect it will be much of the same? I think this press conference is going to be interesting. I just can't see Kubiak coming out of this game feeling like everything is ok, and I feel like I need to see and hear that from him during this press conference.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Kubiak Press Conference

I want to see some emotion out of him also.

I know you are supposed to keep things in house...but sometimes you have to EMBARRASS players and talk about how much they suck in public.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about talking about how much they suck, but I do want to see some emotion. I want to see that he cares that this team is losing. If he barely speaks about how we didn't execute or something and starts talking about how guys played well I am going to lose it.
Old 10-28-2007   #4
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where can you watch the press conference?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Kubiak Press Conference

"This loss is on me, I didn't prepare the team."

My prediction.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

My prediction.

Sad but true, its been that same since Week 3.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:

My prediction.
How many times can you say that during one season?
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2007   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be delivered in monotone.
Old 10-28-2007   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My prediction.
Mine too!! Same old story we hear every week, so why listen!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you think about a presser from Big Bob about Kubiaks status ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
What do you think about a presser from Big Bob about Kubiaks status ?
Wouldn't care because I think at this point it is obvious that Bob doesn't know much about football and wouldn't be able to accurately grade Kubiak.
Old 10-28-2007   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
How many times can you say that during one season?
I don't know - how many times did we hear the e word and how we failed to do so?
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #13
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
It will be delivered in monotone.
Don't forget about the podium tapping as well.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he doesn't forget to look at his feet this time.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

if he was winning, would you guys be able to look past your personal dislikes of his mannerisms?
Old 10-28-2007   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

lame thread (well the last few posts)

wow kubiak isnt a public speaker, and hes not going to throw the team under the bus publicly

stop acting like kids bitching about his quirks
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
if he was winning, would you guys be able to look past your personal dislikes of his mannerisms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
lame thread (well the last few posts)

wow kubiak isnt a public speaker, and hes not going to throw the team under the bus publicly

stop acting like kids bitching about his quirks
Kudos!

The rest of you . . . grow up!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Admittedly his "quirks" aren't the problem and probably aren't where we should be focusing our attention but we've heard what he has to say following one of these fiasco's so many times now that we could give his generic post-loss speech with our eyes closed and only miss a few words.

The Texans suck, They can't be fixed until the end of the season at the earliest, We're at mid-season and thinking about draft and free agent moves AGAIN. I've had enough of that. Are they going to lose for an entire decade?

Teams don't become running jokes randomly or by accident. They get that bad because the people in charge of those teams suck so bad at what they do that they stay that way.

This is getting old. San Diego makes two games in a row that I didn't bother watching and didn't miss. Hell, I'm not going to make the effort to even watch them until the figure out how to run for over a hundred yards on somebody. Until then screw the Texans. I've got better things to do on my Sundays than watch them suck and Gary apologize.
Old 10-28-2007   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way I could except this crap is if he told us that they just need to execute.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #20
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 22248 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Admittedly his "quirks" aren't the problem and probably aren't where we should be focusing our attention but you we've heard what he has to say following one of these "fiasco's" so many times now that we could give his generic post-loss speech with our eyes closed and only miss a few words.

The Texans suck, They can't be fixed until the end of the season at the earliest, We're at mid-season and thinking about draft and free agent moves AGAIN. I've had enough of that. Are they going to lose for an entire decade?

Teams don't become running jokes randomly or by accident. They get that bad because the people in charge of those teams suck so bad at what they do that they stay that way.

This is getting old. San Diego makes two games in a row that I didn't bother watching and didn't miss. Hell, I'm not going to make the effort to even watch them until the figure out how to run for over a hundred yards on somebody. Until then screw the Texans. I've got better things to do on my Sundays than watch them suck and Gary apologize.
I can find no fault in this statement whatsoever.

Sad but true.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read