Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #41
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak stays, coordinators GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If you look at other franchises who have made numerous personnel mistakes in short periods of time it seems like it takes years and years to get over the hump all the while they turn over coach after coach.
It just makes you think. How long will a turnaround take for us? How many years before we can call ourselves a legitimate playoff team? I fear that it may be many years before we may do that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #42
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

You know who else was Casserly's pick?

Kubiak.

Kubiak and Smith are friends, do you think Smith has the stones to fire Kubiak?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #43
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Kubiak is fresh in this league and my personal thought is that the NFL is still a good ol' boys league and he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers by second-guessing someone who's been in the league a lot longer. That will have to change or he'll be flushed out QUICK.
I don't think Kubiak is so much fresh in the league as he is fresh in his position. I think he needs Sherman for guidance, but that guidance isn't getting him very far.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #44
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Rivera is not interested in being a coordinator. He's in San Diego to learn the 3-4 better, so he can be a head coach.

If this season keeps going south, Kubes either goes to A&M or gets the boot.

I'm sure McNair is loving watching Reggie Bush jersies flying off the shelfs or entire reigons of Texas demanding to have Titans' games instead of Texans games so they can see VY.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #45
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't think Kubiak is so much fresh in the league as he is fresh in his position. I think he needs Sherman for guidance, but that guidance isn't getting him very far.
Sherman was only good b/c he was still using the talent from Holmgren/Wolf.

He was not a good HC.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #46
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Williams was McNair's call. It's been widely reported that Kubiak wanted Reggie Bush, but after the issues with his parents' house, Casserly convinced McNair that Bush would be bad news for the team.
Based upon what I've heard and read, I buy that theory. But if Bush was effectively removed from the Board, that certainly doesn't mean that Marios name was the only one that remained for Kubiak to choose from.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #47
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New England and Indy often run schemes very similar to the run and shoot. The
problem with it in the 80's was no packages to run time off the clock, especially against - oh yeah - 46 defenses.
You know what the funniest thing listening to you pimp the 4-6 defense is? Is that the fact that your trying to say that's what Houston needs to run shows that you don't know crap about the 4-6 defense.

If we were to run the 4-6 with the DB talent we have now, instead of having a top 5 defense, we would instantly have the most putrid defense in atleast the last 5 years on NFL football.

You have to have guys who can shutdown both sides of the field vertically and great athletes that can run sideline to sideline and cover every other hole the defense leaves open, because it leaves ALOT of holes that must be filled in the passing game. It takes a hellava lot more than "one badass MLB" and if you think that's all the Bears defense was, it just further shows that you don't know what your talking about....from sideline to sideline that 85 bears team had one of the most dominant LBing cores to ever step onto a NFL field, they used to compete against eachother who could terrorize the QB the most

The Ravens tried to run the 4-6 a few years back and the reason why Rex Ryan felt he could get away with it was, because he had Chris McCallister on one side, Samari Rolle on the other, Deon Sanders as his nickle back, and the best S in the league at the time in Ed Reed who was coming off a "defensive player of the year" award.

Their LB core consisted of Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Terral Suggs, and the most mult-talented defensive player in the game, Adalius Thomas.

I didn't even get into some of the reasons why this defense has gone extinct in the NFL is, because the cap makes it nearly impossible to collect that much talent on the defensive side of the ball, or the fact that today's offenses are MUCH more complex and efficient then they were back in the day, or how today's rules enforcement are geared against that typed of defense (they enforce the "no chuck" now), or how today's TE position has a much more prolific role in offenses, and they are much more athletic then they were back in the day too.........today's TE is just as big as a "skilled" position as #1 WOs and runningbacks, but don't let any of that stop you so.....

Could you please explain, with all your knowledge on the 46 defense how the heck you feel that defense would fit and work here.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-28-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read