Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2007   #41
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Send a message via AIM to inschaubwetrust
Default Re: We suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
By definition, "fair weather" fans are not around for crappy runs like we are currently experiencing. They jumped off the bandwagon a long time ago.

A "fair weather" fan does not get emotional about losses. They only jump on the bandwagon when we WIN.

It's getting old seeing you run around and question people's devotion to the team. Who died and made you Fan God to sit in judgement upon everyone else?

I think people ***** BECAUSE THEY CARE!! O.K., you deal with losing just fine. We get it.

Some of us hate it, though. We are sick of seeing a team we CARE ABOUT losing year after year. The last thing we need is some blowhard pointing fingers and acting like they are superior to everyone else because they can be happy about losing.

The overwhelming majority of posters are fans for the long haul. Being a realist and recognizing a sprinkle-covered turd still smells like crap does not make anyone a 'lesser' fan. Get off your high horse, because someone is likely to knock you off of it if you keep insulting people.
Perhaps I used the wrong term then. The only point I am trying to make is that it's in no way consistent to get ecstatic about the team, making illogical playoff predictions when we win one or two games...and then damn the team to the bowels of football hell when they lose one or two. Getting dramatic about a loss does not make you a great fan, and on that same note I think we can agree that sitting back and watching the team fail out of loyalty doesn't make you a great fan either.

Now, I never said I was superior to anyone else. Though, I find it funny that I am the finger-pointing blowhard when it's the exact people I raise hell with that are quick to assign blame to Kubiak, or this and that player and make childish, non-constructive threads titled "We suck". Indeed, I must be the ass. None-the-less, I am no more happy about losing than any of you. No one likes to see a team in which they held season tickets too see, having never missed a game until they moved to another city fail in the fashion that the Texans have lately. Losing sucks. We know. However, starting threads like this doesn't help. Self-pity and whining will not make it any better. Constructive criticism is needed, desperately...that I won't deny, our team has a lot of problems. However, constructive criticism is not throwing your hands up in the air and making completely useless notions such as "we suck".

Now, you obviously don't like me. That's fine, you're a line of text on the internet who has no real impact on my life. I'm sure I am the same to you. In fact, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't get along on a personal level. However, it's the love of this team that brought us all here, and a love of this team that keeps us all here. For that reason, I don't see why we can't all be civil as we look to discuss the Texans in an intelligent manner. There is no need to come through the screen and knock me off my horse.

Vince Young sucks.
inschaubwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #42
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by inschaubwetrust View Post
However, constructive criticism is not throwing your hands up in the air and making completely useless notions such as "we suck".
Hey, that was ME that started this "we suck" thread, not Double Barrel. And it's a statement of fact right now, not frustration. Frustration was losing to Atlanta. We're way beyond that, and turning the ball over 11 times in 2 games means WE SUCK.

At least I admit it.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #43
GrandeDavid
Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
The Oakland game is the "Biggest Game In Franchise History!"
Dude, that Ron Jeremy avatar is killing me!

GrandeDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by inschaubwetrust View Post
Now, you obviously don't like me. That's fine, you're a line of text on the internet who has no real impact on my life. I'm sure I am the same to you. In fact, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't get along on a personal level. However, it's the love of this team that brought us all here, and a love of this team that keeps us all here. For that reason, I don't see why we can't all be civil as we look to discuss the Texans in an intelligent manner. There is no need to come through the screen and knock me off my horse.
Bro', you're a Texans fan so you're alright in my book. I was merely responding to my perception of fans being attacked when it should be reserved for the crappy product on the field.

So there is no dislike on my part towards you. One of the things I hate about losing is the fanbase seems to take frustrations out on each other, and I was just heading you off at the pass. Nothing personal.
Old 10-30-2007   #45
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the Texans no doubt about it. I go to great lengths to make sure that I am able to watch the game. When I'm not able to watch (very seldom), there is a radio nearby. Having said that, I think it's safe to say that we suck right now. That really hurts me to say that, but it's the truth. It sucks to come on here and see threads that say "we suck", or any of the other threads that are not positive. I would much rather come on here and see threads like "we are dominant" or something along those lines but the truth is, we suck. But whatever they as an organization try to do to run me off as a fan, they are wasting their time. I'll be here when it gets turned around. If I can be a fan when "we suck" then it sure will be fun being a fan when we don't.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read