Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2007   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We suck

Not only do we not have a lot of talent, nor are we coached well, but we have no heart and no sack....

This team right now is as poor as that team that faced the Cleveland Browns for a shot at 8-8 and got pummeled, leading into that 2-14 routine....
Old 10-29-2007   #22
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=inschaubwetrust;772292]Honestly, I am sick of these snot nosed fair weather fans. Does anyone remember the last time we started out 3-5? No, no one does because we have never had 3 wins in the first 8 weeks of the season (at least I don't believe that we have).QUOTE]

Actually we started 4-4 in '04 and hit the skidz after that. Sorry to burst the bubble. However I agree with you. The problem is that we want to win and when we not only lose but doi it in an ugly fasion 2 weeks in a row it is awfully hard to swallow.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #23
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Actually we started 4-4 in '04 and hit the skidz after that. Sorry to burst the bubble. However I agree with you. The problem is that we want to win and when we not only lose but doi it in an ugly fasion 2 weeks in a row it is awfully hard to swallow.
And after 6 years of basically the same crap (an underperforming defense, a coach who insists on "establishing a running game" when he doesn't have the personnel for it, a QB who gets pummeled every time he tries to make something happen, etc., etc.), it has become incredibly frustrating.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #24
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Not only do we not have a lot of talent, nor are we coached well, but we have no heart and no sack....

This team right now is as poor as that team that faced the Cleveland Browns for a shot at 8-8 and got pummeled, leading into that 2-14 routine....

Probably worse since that team's problem was coaching and this team's problem is getting the right talent and some coaching changes. But they are a lot closer to a winning season than I think most people think. I really do think the Texans are going to vault into the play-offs next year regardless of how bad this season is.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #25
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
And after 6 years of basically the same crap (an underperforming defense, a coach who insists on "establishing a running game" when he doesn't have the personnel for it, a QB who gets pummeled every time he tries to make something happen, etc., etc.), it has become incredibly frustrating.

A lot of people thought Schaub would fix the o-line; it's clear that didn't happen. But at least the Texans have a good quarterback who hasn't been brained into the fetal position. Now if they can fix the o-line, they will have a stellar offense.
Old 10-29-2007   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
Probably worse since that team's problem was coaching and this team's problem is getting the right talent and some coaching changes. But they are a lot closer to a winning season than I think most people think. I really do think the Texans are going to vault into the play-offs next year regardless of how bad this season is.
I hope so (obviously)....

But I see this team one more performance (like yesterday) from completely imploding... Thats the point when people start finger pointing fingers - and then it gets really ugly...
Old 10-29-2007   #27
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Send a message via AIM to inschaubwetrust

We haven't played great. With that said, losing to the teams we've lost too...without Andre Johnson, with THAT offensive (and they are "offensive") line, with Rosenfels under center 45% of the time, with that defensive scheme...it's really nothing to be ashamed of. To be honest, had you given me this set of circumstances at the begining of the season and told to predict our record at the mid-way point, I would have been hard pressed to point out one game in which I thought we'd win. I can say, perhaps with a slight homer bias, that I am so far pleased with the team.

Vince Young sucks.
inschaubwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2007   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I picked us to beat Atlanta.....
Old 10-29-2007   #29
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think a more telling game will be next week against Oakland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
The Oakland game is the "Biggest Game In Franchise History!"
if we don't beat oakland, i'll have serious thoughts about calling this season a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inschaubwetrust View Post
Honestly, I am sick of these snot nosed fair weather fans.
Well, we suck. deal with it.

Quote:
who didn't?
Old 10-29-2007   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Hate to break it to you but our season was over before it started. It's not like we were on the path to SuperBowl greatness this year. Be realistic. 8-8 doesn't get you crap in the AFC.
8-8 gets you breathing room from the fans and offers something to show free agents that the plan is moving forward increasing their desire to play for you. It gets you pretty good spot in the draft pecking order which is how we build a team. It is a vote of confidence to players and coaches that things are slowing getting better. We should not be on the way to SB greatness the second year of new management, different offensive and defensive schemes and a major reconstruction of the team. I am just as disgusted as most but we need to stay rational with our goals.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #31
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.gotwavs.com/0095461785/MP...esuckagain.mp3

My thoughts at the end of yesterdays game .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #32
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Quote:
Yeah, I would say that that was the hardest loss to swallow so far. We were out done by Joey Harrington. The one guy out of the first round QBs of 2002 that was worse than Carr. Oye.

Vince Young sucks.
Old 10-29-2007   #33
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Agreed.
And it looked like they just went through the motions in the second half.

Kubes says after the game he did not know whose fault the first Gates TD was. WHAT? Parcells would have known. Cowher would have known.
If Dayne is the best #2 RB they could come up with, I doubt Smith now.
No Texans blasted that Charger for hitting Schaub. Where was the payback? We just stood there.
Turk is an *****, and his explanation for the non safety makes no sense.
(But at least we saw Brown and he share a laugh over it)
Time to start Bennett, and either Demps or Boulware. Hutchins is lost.
Chester wiffs on more screen plays than any lineman I've ever seen.
Old 10-29-2007   #34
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
But we have heart.
No we don't.

Two weeks in a row the OLine has let the opposing defense T-Off on Schaub.

Nothing, not even so much as a shove.

This OLine has sent a message out to the rest of the league that you can do whatever you want to our QB cus we aint gonna do nuthin to ya.

I was reading Overalls post last week on how he got into it with Prince Albert. That was probably the most reaction he got out of anyone.

The fans have more heart than this team.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #35
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Teams have known that for a long time. The offense is great in three seconds or less. If it takes more than three seconds for the play to develop, the Texans are screwed. The line just can't hold anything this year, just like last year and the year before that. The Texans either have to adjust their scheme (Gawd, I hate dink and dunk) or get better players on the line.
Old 10-29-2007   #36
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Yes, we do.
Old 10-29-2007   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Over the last 5 weeks, we ARE the worst team in the NFL.
And over the last 5.5 seasons we are, without a doubt, the worst team in the NFL.

Quote:
We haven't played great. With that said, losing to the teams we've lost too...without Andre Johnson, with THAT offensive (and they are "offensive") line, with Rosenfels under center 45% of the time, with that defensive scheme...it's really nothing to be ashamed of. To be honest, had you given me this set of circumstances at the begining of the season and told to predict our record at the mid-way point, I would have been hard pressed to point out one game in which I thought we'd win. I can say, perhaps with a slight homer bias, that I am so far pleased with the team.
We are halfway to 6-10 right now, which is not an improvement over last season. If anything, we look to be regressing.
Old 10-29-2007   #38
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Well, we suck. deal with it.
I would say that I am dealing with it fine. I'm not the one throwing a tempor tantrum everytime a game doesn't go our way. It's the fair weather fans having a hard time dealing with our fits of floundering.

Vince Young sucks.
Old 10-29-2007   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would say that I am dealing with it fine. I'm not the one throwing a tempor tantrum everytime a game doesn't go our way. It's the fair weather fans having a hard time dealing with our fits of floundering.
By definition, "fair weather" fans are not around for crappy runs like we are currently experiencing. They jumped off the bandwagon a long time ago.

A "fair weather" fan does not get emotional about losses. They only jump on the bandwagon when we WIN.

It's getting old seeing you run around and question people's devotion to the team. Who died and made you Fan God to sit in judgement upon everyone else?

I think people ***** BECAUSE THEY CARE!! O.K., you deal with losing just fine. We get it.

Some of us hate it, though. We are sick of seeing a team we CARE ABOUT losing year after year. The last thing we need is some blowhard pointing fingers and acting like they are superior to everyone else because they can be happy about losing.

The overwhelming majority of posters are fans for the long haul. Being a realist and recognizing a sprinkle-covered turd still smells like crap does not make anyone a 'lesser' fan. Get off your high horse, because someone is likely to knock you off of it if you keep insulting people.
Old 10-29-2007   #40
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

The coaches have stunk too.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read