Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

We suck

We are not the worst team in the NFL. But we aren't very good either. It's not suprising losing like this. Look what San Diago did against Denver.

I think a more telling game will be next week against Oakland.

But but we have good Christian boys on our team committed to community service. That is all that matters right?:redtowel: :redtowel:

I will stop by and drop off some orange wedges and juice boxes. Our boys sure tried hard today.

Next Sunday is the season - if we end up at 3-6, they are toast and have no shot at 8 -8. For purely pride reasoning, next week is a must win...

Over the last 5 weeks, we ARE the worst team in the NFL. We should've lost to Miami, but got lucky late.

Yes, that's true. Things have been going from bad to worse lately. As to how bad we really are, let's see what happens next week at Oakland. Did anyone really think we stood a chance today?

Honestly, I am sick of these snot nosed fair weather fans. Does anyone remember the last time we started out 3-5? No, no one does because we have never had 3 wins in the first 8 weeks of the season (at least I don't believe that we have). Does anyone remember how putrid our entire team had been?

Trust me, if this was still the Carr/Capers era we would probably be 0-8, and with the likes of a 1-7 Miami Dolphins squad. I can not see us coming back from 14 under to beat the Panthers with any of our old squads. I can't see us shutting down Larry Johnson with any of our old squads. Our team is in a hole right now, yes. However, for the first time it's not unimaginable that they could climb out of it and at least deliver a .500 season.

Things could be a lot worse. We could be Miami, who traded their only decent offensive player for draft picks (I can not believe that some are suggesting we do the same here).

Next Sunday is the season - if we end up at 3-6, they are toast and have no shot at 8 -8. For purely pride reasoning, next week is a must win...

Hate to break it to you but our season was over before it started. It's not like we were on the path to SuperBowl greatness this year. Be realistic. 8-8 doesn't get you crap in the AFC.

the Texans are still the only NFL team the Raiders have never beaten. Based on what I saw in their game against the titans, that record could fall this coming Sunday.

They have a pretty good defense, and I'm willing to bet $1 that Russell gets his first playing time against the Texans. He dressed for the first time against the titans, but going home next week would be the perfect time to make his debut against the NFL's version of the punching bag.

It's not all doom and gloom. We're 3-5, and after the Raiders I expect fully we'll be sitting (with some safe passing, safe grinding running and letting Brown kick us to victory in what'll probably be fairly low scoring) at 4-5 going into the bye. A weeks rest and preparation for the Saints may do us well, and then moving onto the Browns (who are 4-3, with their needlessly hardfought wins over the Rams and Dolphins).

Hopefully Schaub will be ready to go after the bye week, the recievers are looking good even without Andre, Brown could kick cabbages for field goals and there have been some decent performances against the run so far (which I think will help us next week). We need to protect the ball next week, cut out the turnovers and silly mistakes (the 14 points from the int and punt put us out of contention), and we'll be sitting here this time next week at 4-5, with a week to organise outselves for a final push.

Anyone expecting a sudden 10-6 trip to the wildcards was being foolish. To get anything out of this division (let alone conference) will take time and patience, but there is no doubt we've been moving in the right direction this season. And anyone calling for Kubiak's head is just being stupid.

Not only do we not have a lot of talent, nor are we coached well, but we have no heart and no sack....

This team right now is as poor as that team that faced the Cleveland Browns for a shot at 8-8 and got pummeled, leading into that 2-14 routine....

Honestly, I am sick of these snot nosed fair weather fans. Does anyone remember the last time we started out 3-5? No, no one does because we have never had 3 wins in the first 8 weeks of the season (at least I don't believe that we have).QUOTE]

Actually we started 4-4 in '04 and hit the skidz after that. Sorry to burst the bubble. However I agree with you. The problem is that we want to win and when we not only lose but doi it in an ugly fasion 2 weeks in a row it is awfully hard to swallow.

Actually we started 4-4 in '04 and hit the skidz after that. Sorry to burst the bubble. However I agree with you. The problem is that we want to win and when we not only lose but doi it in an ugly fasion 2 weeks in a row it is awfully hard to swallow.

And after 6 years of basically the same crap (an underperforming defense, a coach who insists on "establishing a running game" when he doesn't have the personnel for it, a QB who gets pummeled every time he tries to make something happen, etc., etc.), it has become incredibly frustrating. :gun:

Not only do we not have a lot of talent, nor are we coached well, but we have no heart and no sack....

This team right now is as poor as that team that faced the Cleveland Browns for a shot at 8-8 and got pummeled, leading into that 2-14 routine....

Probably worse since that team's problem was coaching and this team's problem is getting the right talent and some coaching changes. But they are a lot closer to a winning season than I think most people think. I really do think the Texans are going to vault into the play-offs next year regardless of how bad this season is.

And after 6 years of basically the same crap (an underperforming defense, a coach who insists on "establishing a running game" when he doesn't have the personnel for it, a QB who gets pummeled every time he tries to make something happen, etc., etc.), it has become incredibly frustrating. :gun:

A lot of people thought Schaub would fix the o-line; it's clear that didn't happen. But at least the Texans have a good quarterback who hasn't been brained into the fetal position. Now if they can fix the o-line, they will have a stellar offense.

Probably worse since that team's problem was coaching and this team's problem is getting the right talent and some coaching changes. But they are a lot closer to a winning season than I think most people think. I really do think the Texans are going to vault into the play-offs next year regardless of how bad this season is.

I hope so (obviously)....

But I see this team one more performance (like yesterday) from completely imploding... Thats the point when people start finger pointing fingers - and then it gets really ugly...

We haven't played great. With that said, losing to the teams we've lost too...without Andre Johnson, with THAT offensive (and they are "offensive") line, with Rosenfels under center 45% of the time, with that defensive scheme...it's really nothing to be ashamed of. To be honest, had you given me this set of circumstances at the begining of the season and told to predict our record at the mid-way point, I would have been hard pressed to point out one game in which I thought we'd win. I can say, perhaps with a slight homer bias, that I am so far pleased with the team.

Hate to break it to you but our season was over before it started. It's not like we were on the path to SuperBowl greatness this year. Be realistic. 8-8 doesn't get you crap in the AFC.

8-8 gets you breathing room from the fans and offers something to show free agents that the plan is moving forward increasing their desire to play for you. It gets you pretty good spot in the draft pecking order which is how we build a team. It is a vote of confidence to players and coaches that things are slowing getting better. We should not be on the way to SB greatness the second year of new management, different offensive and defensive schemes and a major reconstruction of the team. I am just as disgusted as most but we need to stay rational with our goals.

Agreed.
And it looked like they just went through the motions in the second half.

Kubes says after the game he did not know whose fault the first Gates TD was. WHAT? Parcells would have known. Cowher would have known.
If Dayne is the best #2 RB they could come up with, I doubt Smith now.
No Texans blasted that Charger for hitting Schaub. Where was the payback? We just stood there.
Turk is an *****, and his explanation for the non safety makes no sense.
(But at least we saw Brown and he share a laugh over it)
Time to start Bennett, and either Demps or Boulware. Hutchins is lost.
Chester wiffs on more screen plays than any lineman I've ever seen.

But we have heart.

No we don't.

Two weeks in a row the OLine has let the opposing defense T-Off on Schaub.

Nothing, not even so much as a shove.

This OLine has sent a message out to the rest of the league that you can do whatever you want to our QB cus we aint gonna do nuthin to ya.

I was reading Overalls post last week on how he got into it with Prince Albert. That was probably the most reaction he got out of anyone.

The fans have more heart than this team.

Teams have known that for a long time. The offense is great in three seconds or less. If it takes more than three seconds for the play to develop, the Texans are screwed. The line just can't hold anything this year, just like last year and the year before that. The Texans either have to adjust their scheme (Gawd, I hate dink and dunk) or get better players on the line.

Over the last 5 weeks, we ARE the worst team in the NFL.

And over the last 5.5 seasons we are, without a doubt, the worst team in the NFL.

We haven't played great. With that said, losing to the teams we've lost too...without Andre Johnson, with THAT offensive (and they are "offensive") line, with Rosenfels under center 45% of the time, with that defensive scheme...it's really nothing to be ashamed of. To be honest, had you given me this set of circumstances at the begining of the season and told to predict our record at the mid-way point, I would have been hard pressed to point out one game in which I thought we'd win. I can say, perhaps with a slight homer bias, that I am so far pleased with the team.

We are halfway to 6-10 right now, which is not an improvement over last season. If anything, we look to be regressing.

I would say that I am dealing with it fine. I'm not the one throwing a tempor tantrum everytime a game doesn't go our way. It's the fair weather fans having a hard time dealing with our fits of floundering.

By definition, "fair weather" fans are not around for crappy runs like we are currently experiencing. They jumped off the bandwagon a long time ago.

A "fair weather" fan does not get emotional about losses. They only jump on the bandwagon when we WIN.

It's getting old seeing you run around and question people's devotion to the team. Who died and made you Fan God to sit in judgement upon everyone else?

I think people ***** BECAUSE THEY CARE!! O.K., you deal with losing just fine. We get it.

Some of us hate it, though. We are sick of seeing a team we CARE ABOUT losing year after year. The last thing we need is some blowhard pointing fingers and acting like they are superior to everyone else because they can be happy about losing.

The overwhelming majority of posters are fans for the long haul. Being a realist and recognizing a sprinkle-covered turd still smells like crap does not make anyone a 'lesser' fan. Get off your high horse, because someone is likely to knock you off of it if you keep insulting people.

By definition, "fair weather" fans are not around for crappy runs like we are currently experiencing. They jumped off the bandwagon a long time ago.

A "fair weather" fan does not get emotional about losses. They only jump on the bandwagon when we WIN.

It's getting old seeing you run around and question people's devotion to the team. Who died and made you Fan God to sit in judgement upon everyone else?

I think people ***** BECAUSE THEY CARE!! O.K., you deal with losing just fine. We get it.

Some of us hate it, though. We are sick of seeing a team we CARE ABOUT losing year after year. The last thing we need is some blowhard pointing fingers and acting like they are superior to everyone else because they can be happy about losing.

The overwhelming majority of posters are fans for the long haul. Being a realist and recognizing a sprinkle-covered turd still smells like crap does not make anyone a 'lesser' fan. Get off your high horse, because someone is likely to knock you off of it if you keep insulting people.

Perhaps I used the wrong term then. The only point I am trying to make is that it's in no way consistent to get ecstatic about the team, making illogical playoff predictions when we win one or two games...and then damn the team to the bowels of football hell when they lose one or two. Getting dramatic about a loss does not make you a great fan, and on that same note I think we can agree that sitting back and watching the team fail out of loyalty doesn't make you a great fan either.

Now, I never said I was superior to anyone else. Though, I find it funny that I am the finger-pointing blowhard when it's the exact people I raise hell with that are quick to assign blame to Kubiak, or this and that player and make childish, non-constructive threads titled "We suck". Indeed, I must be the ass. None-the-less, I am no more happy about losing than any of you. No one likes to see a team in which they held season tickets too see, having never missed a game until they moved to another city fail in the fashion that the Texans have lately. Losing sucks. We know. However, starting threads like this doesn't help. Self-pity and whining will not make it any better. Constructive criticism is needed, desperately...that I won't deny, our team has a lot of problems. However, constructive criticism is not throwing your hands up in the air and making completely useless notions such as "we suck".

Now, you obviously don't like me. That's fine, you're a line of text on the internet who has no real impact on my life. I'm sure I am the same to you. In fact, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't get along on a personal level. However, it's the love of this team that brought us all here, and a love of this team that keeps us all here. For that reason, I don't see why we can't all be civil as we look to discuss the Texans in an intelligent manner. There is no need to come through the screen and knock me off my horse.

However, constructive criticism is not throwing your hands up in the air and making completely useless notions such as "we suck".

Hey, that was ME that started this "we suck" thread, not Double Barrel. And it's a statement of fact right now, not frustration. Frustration was losing to Atlanta. We're way beyond that, and turning the ball over 11 times in 2 games means WE SUCK.

At least I admit it.

Now, you obviously don't like me. That's fine, you're a line of text on the internet who has no real impact on my life. I'm sure I am the same to you. In fact, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't get along on a personal level. However, it's the love of this team that brought us all here, and a love of this team that keeps us all here. For that reason, I don't see why we can't all be civil as we look to discuss the Texans in an intelligent manner. There is no need to come through the screen and knock me off my horse.

Bro', you're a Texans fan so you're alright in my book. I was merely responding to my perception of fans being attacked when it should be reserved for the crappy product on the field.

So there is no dislike on my part towards you. One of the things I hate about losing is the fanbase seems to take frustrations out on each other, and I was just heading you off at the pass. Nothing personal. :howdy:

I love the Texans no doubt about it. I go to great lengths to make sure that I am able to watch the game. When I'm not able to watch (very seldom), there is a radio nearby. Having said that, I think it's safe to say that we suck right now. That really hurts me to say that, but it's the truth. It sucks to come on here and see threads that say "we suck", or any of the other threads that are not positive. I would much rather come on here and see threads like "we are dominant" or something along those lines but the truth is, we suck. But whatever they as an organization try to do to run me off as a fan, they are wasting their time. I'll be here when it gets turned around. If I can be a fan when "we suck" then it sure will be fun being a fan when we don't.

Back