Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-28-2007   #1
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP
Default Patriots and Coaching decisions

I normally don't wish injuries on any team, but up 38 all the Patriots starters are still in and they are passing away. I hope Moss and Brady go down to teach Bellichek a lesson.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #2
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Re: Patriots and Coaching decisions

I have to agree that seems a poor choice. At some point you have to draw the line between being thorough and classless. I like the Patriots simply because they are lead by such excellent gameplanners, but running up the score past the point of what is necessary to ensure a W gets obnoxious.
Old 10-28-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought the same thing..I have lost respect for the Pats
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

doesn't bother me. this is the NFL.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #5
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

Going for it on 4th and 1 from the 8 up 38 and then throwing a TD for a 45 point lead is classless no matter what league you are in. If I were the Redskins I would have late hit and laid out Brady and then pointed over at Bellichek. I don't have a problem with them continuing to try and run the offense, just use the second string.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #6
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The offense's job is to score points.

The defense's job is to stop them.

You don't want to get run up on by some team? Stop 'em then. You're professional football players too.

Maybe that's not in the 'Skins playbook, but this is the NFL, not Pop Warner. It's not important for everyone to go home feeling good about themselves. Sorry.
Old 10-29-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPats View Post

You don't want to get run up on by some team? Stop 'em then. You're professional football players too.

Maybe that's not in the 'Skins playbook, but this is the NFL, not Pop Warner. It's not important for everyone to go home feeling good about themselves. Sorry.
My guess is if you were on the other end of the loss you would probably be complaining as well.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2007   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCM View Post
I normally don't wish injuries on any team, but up 38 all the Patriots starters are still in and they are passing away. I hope Moss and Brady go down to teach Bellichek a lesson.
perhaps we should grade them on a curve...or not mark any papers with red ink...or institute a mercy rule...perhaps we shouldn't take score anymore since, after all, "everyone is a winner". We shouldn't let the mean Pats hurt any teams feelings.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #9
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
My guess is if you were on the other end of the loss you would probably be complaining as well.
I have been. I didn't start watching the Patriots in 2001. I've seen my share of beat-downs, believe me. Does Refigerator Perry scoring a meaningless TD in the '85 Super Bowl ring a bell? That made it 46-3, I think. With millions of people watching.

And for the record, no. I wouldn't complain. The Redskins had three hours on the same field. Complainers are worse than losers.
Old 10-29-2007   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Belichick: "I remember being on that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop them. It's not [the offense's] job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the [bleep] do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job."

I agree 100% with this. Why send the offense onto the field if you don't expect them to score? If the defense can't stop them, that's their problem. They didn't do their job.

Matt Cassel came in and scored a late TD to put the game further out of reach. It's not like Brady was out there the whole time trying to get as many yards and TDs as possible. Who can complain about a team whose second string is so good that it can score points on its own? They should be commended.
Old 10-29-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love belichick.
Old 10-29-2007   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel ever so sorry for grown millionaires getting embarassed because they are being outperformed at their job, which happens to be a game. I don't feel bad when i put up 100 on madden, and i don't feel bad when the patriots beat everyone within inches of tears. Tom Brady's new official nickname is FTS...which stands for ******* the spread. If you put the line at 40, i still wouldn't take the points. The man is just insane. he's thrown for 30 tds already. He actually looks pissed off when his special teams scores and he can't go out and run the offense.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #13
GoPats
Veteran

Uh-oh. Randall Godfrey is mad at us.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...-some-class-s/

"That was blatant disrespect. I hope we can see them again, definitely."

After yesterday, I bet the Pats hope so too Randall.
Old 10-29-2007   #14
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPats View Post

+1

These aren't junior high B teamers whos talent levels vary from squads of 12 year olds facing off against a bunch of grown hairy ignorant men.

The Pats built their team and their FO just like everyone else in the NFL and for the Pats to fling the ball until the end of the game and then get flogged by a bunch of arm chair qb's is assinine. If I was at that game I would have been PO'ed if my team was having to run the ball up the gut every play of the third quarter until games end just to save my opponents face. The Redskins were more guilty of giving up early than the Pats were of running up the score.

This is the NFL folks, if your team is good enjoy it, if they suck then there is always next year.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I wish our players thought like that, Don't even worry about what the other units are doing, Offense needs to focus on scoring points and bruising people, and the defense needs to focus on not letting people score points ... and bruising ALOT of people...

Edit: Oh yea, and the most accurate long-snapper in the league needs to focus on getting the damn ball where its supposed to go, not try to make a field goal by himself. Love ya Pittman Just once I would like to see Pittman long snap it to himself, followed by him long snapping it 50 yards for the FG!
Old 10-29-2007   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

after the spying b.s., I think there is a huge chip on every NE player and coach, and they have something to prove to the rest of the league and themselves.
Old 10-29-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

it was done against Miami and i have no problem with it. if they can't stop them, they deserve it. sorry, that's the way it is.

as far as i'm concerned, the only argument you can make from this if keeping Brady in there that long is a smart move. but i got no problem with them throwing and scoring as much as possible. as belichick said, the goal is to score on every possession. much like the goal of the defense is to stop the other team from scoring on every possession. period.
Old 10-29-2007   #18
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
and belichick got a taste of his own medicine when gibbs bolted...
That's already been debunked.

Unless this photo is doctored...
Old 10-29-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Gibbs is old school, he's not going to whine and blame the other team.
Old 10-29-2007   #20
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Gibbs is old school, he's not going to whine and blame the other team.
Of course he's not. But I think this is the 3rd board where I've seen someone claim he walked off the field without a handshake. One of the networks maybe reported it that way? I don't know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read