Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2007   #61
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Enough With The High Character Guys Issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
signing him after Cowboys unceremoniously cut him from its roster would have been the Texans admitting they were wrong getting rid of him in the first place. I am glad Aaron is doing well and I can't say I am that surprised.
AG has always been a smart football player. IMO it was not hard to see that his football IQ would help him play a few extra years.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #62
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He's at the end of his proverbial NFL rope but he would have made a better nickel corner than Faggins, Fletcher or Sanders the last few years...but we cut him since we wanted to go with "youth".
Isn't this the same thing people are wanting now. Put Bennett in no matter what happens, if he gets burned it is ok because he is learning on the job?

Now mind you I am not saying Bennett is not better than faggins, because I think he is getting there.
Old 10-29-2007   #63
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Isn't this the same thing people are wanting now. Put Bennett in no matter what happens, if he gets burned it is ok because he is learning on the job?
I'm not saying I wouldn't be unhappy if he got burned. But I would be a hell of alot less unhappy if he got burned rather than Petey. Plus I would feel like he was learning something as a rookie. Not watching his fellow teammate get Mossed.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #64
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
AG has always been a smart football player. IMO it was not hard to see that his football IQ would help him play a few extra years.
Glenn was cut because of his salary cap hit in relation to his worth to the team.

Very rarely do guys willingly take a pay cut.

Just because a guy with a big contract gets cut doesn't mean he can't produce for that team in a positive way.

With Glenn, it was about money and the salary cap.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #65
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

Now mind you I am not saying Bennett is not better than faggins, because I think he is getting there.
In essence, it is kinda the same thing but there are some big differences still.

Glenn wasn't playing poorly like Faggins is and there wasn't a witchhunt against him like there is against Faggins as the weak link of an underachieving defense.

We had DB prospects behind Glenn but no one was clamoring for them to become a starter over Glenn. If Bennett is better than Faggins, he should play. If he isn't better than Faggins, we should save our draft pick next time and use it on someone who is or just focus on another position. Center maybe? Free Safety.

Then Casserly in his infinite wisdom, he then trades for Pat Buchanan and your kinda left like 'OK? I guess that is good now we will have 3 good CBs which will be valuable against the Manning and McNair in our division.' but then they turn around and get rid of Glenn so we are left with DRob and PBuc. A lateral move at best and it ended up being even worse. PBuc gone and Glenn did well with the Cowboys.

Glenn is the 2nd best DB we have ever had...and they cut him. just sad.
Old 10-29-2007   #66
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In essence, it is kinda the same thing but there are some big differences still.

Glenn wasn't playing poorly like Faggins is and there wasn't a witchhunt against him like there is against Faggins as the weak link of an underachieving defense.

We had DB prospects behind Glenn but no one was clamoring for them to become a starter over Glenn. If Bennett is better than Faggins, he should play. If he isn't better than Faggins, we should save our draft pick next time and use it on someone who is or just focus on another position. Center maybe? Free Safety.

Then Casserly in his infinite wisdom, he then trades for Pat Buchanan and your kinda left like 'OK? I guess that is good now we will have 3 good CBs which will be valuable against the Manning and McNair in our division.' but then they turn around and get rid of Glenn so we are left with DRob and PBuc. A lateral move at best and it ended up being even worse. PBuc gone and Glenn did well with the Cowboys.

I saw the pick and sorry but it looked like a Sage pic, where he just did not see the defender and it was an easy pic. When he was in dullas he was getting burned a lot lasy year and at the beginning of the year. I mean I have seen burnt toast that looked more appealing.

Now I am not saying when he was here and at the time he was let go that was the case.
Old 10-29-2007   #67
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was about the salary cap.

Take away that contract, and Glenn probably would still be playing for the Texans. They did not cut Glenn because he couldn't play, they were trying to maintain the salary cap.

Players do not accept paycuts until they get cut! They will take their chances on the open market.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2007   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
exactly.....these guys arent running for office they are just playing football.

if the guy can spell S-A-C-K and W-I-N, I am just fine.
Bring on the next Dexter Manley for all I care.(minus the cocaine fetish of course).
SH... In one sentence you say that "if the guy can spell S-A-C-K and W-I-N, I am just fine". , but then you go onto say, "Bring on the next Dexter Manley for all I care.(minus the cocaine fetish of course)."... The problem with your statement is that Dexter Manly can't spell either SACK or WIN, - or anything for that matter....

Old 10-31-2007   #69
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The fact that none of our defensive players took a roughing the passer penalty after what happened to Schaub was bush league and is a representation of the mindset of the coaching. this is a dog-eat-dog game and just like baseball, you have to protect your players ESPECIALLY YOUR FREAKING FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!

Kubiak/Smith should have been like 'if one of you doesn't get a roughing the passer penalty this drive, then start looking for a new line of work'. They didn't even go after the guy. Just pathetic lame Care Bear NFL football. You gotta stand up for your guys and if its a blowout and they are taking cheap shots you reciprocate and make their sorry arses pay. Oh man, this team has no heart.....GROW A PAIR, TEXANS!!!
Now this I can embrace. No one fears us. I would love it if we had guys hit. The first towo games, we hit like trains. In the following loses, we were pansies. We were pushed around and bullied. I want a hit man who takes no crap. Like Dunta. Not like thugs r us in Cinci.
Old 10-31-2007   #70
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Part of it was also Glenn felt he got demoted because they traded for Buchanon. He didn't want to become a nickel at the time (which ended up happening for him anyways).
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read