Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #21
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Enough With The High Character Guys Issue.

Weary's been tasered....I don't know it's something...

And I think Schaub got in trouble in college for public urination....I could just be thinking of Eli but ..hey..
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #22
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
i don't know, Cincy has drafted low character guys and we see where that has got them this season
I don't think we're asking for low character...just guys with a little bit of fire underneath them....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #23
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I don't want thugs on my team, but I sure as crap would've liked to have seen my guys get ALL OVER that arsehole Florence that laid that cheap shot on Schaub. That dude needs a suspension, not just a fine. And if I was Kubiak, I'd be grabbing my linemen saying, "why the f didn't you have our guy's back?" If there's EVER a time to get an unsportsmanlike penalty, that was it. And we STILL would've gotten the 15 yards, as there were TWO unsportsmanlike penalties by the Chargers. One would have been offset.
Kubiak probably got after Schaub for being a jack ass that just sat there after he got picked off. There is no better way to get your bell rung on a football field than standing still.

Any football player in Florence's situation would make that hit in a heart beat if they were worth a ****.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #24
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Kubiak probably got after Schaub for being a jack ass that just sat there after he got picked off. There is no better way to get your bell rung on a football field than standing still.

Any football player in Florence's situation would make that hit in a heart beat if they were worth a ****.
Oh yeah, helmet to helmet and everything.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #25
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Oh yeah, helmet to helmet and everything.
Yep

If Schaub was a LT or Guard, he would get cracked in the skull and their wouldn't be a flag.
Old 10-28-2007   #26
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep

If Schaub was a LT or Guard, he would get cracked in the skull and there wouldn't be a flag.
The reason people are arguing with you is because there is a flag for using helmet to helmet contact against the QB.

It is well known to not do it or get a penalty. The fact that he wasn't is rediculous. I'm not sure it warrants an ejection but a flag for sure.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #27
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The reason people are arguing with you is because there is a flag for using helmet to helmet contact against the QB.
That and the fact that is specifically against the rules to go after a QB that is not part of the play after a turnover. Most players wouldn't have done it.
Old 10-28-2007   #28
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yep

If Schaub was a LT or Guard, he would get cracked in the skull and their wouldn't be a flag.
Helmet to Helmet tackles on any position is not allowed.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
That and the fact that is specifically against the rules to go after a QB that is not part of the play after a turnover. Most players wouldn't have done it.
"You must spread som...blah blah blah"
Old 10-28-2007   #30
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Helmet to Helmet tackles on any position is not allowed.
But blocks are

I'm pretty sure Schaub got Ear Hole'd
Old 10-28-2007   #31
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But blocks are

I'm pretty sure Schaub got Ear Hole'd
Dude waited for Schaub to turn around and popped him in the facemask.
Old 10-28-2007   #32
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Send a message via AIM to inschaubwetrust

I don't know about negative attitudes, necessarily. However, our team doesn't have any heart in it at the moment. We need to be giving people hell.

Vince Young sucks.
inschaubwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #33
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTEXAN_FAN View Post
I never thought I would be saying this, but I am completely jealous of the Cowboys right now and Jerry Jones, Jerry doesnt care who he gets or their track record. He just wants to win, and win he does.

Please forgive me my fellow texan fans for giving the girls props. It has to be the emotions typing.
I appreciate the props, but Jerry does care who he gets, otherwise Moss would be a Cowboy. Also, Quincy Carter was cut abruptly when it appeared he was the best option at the time for QB. TO was more of a malcontent given his high standards for putting forth the best efforts to win. He does not possess thug status.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #34
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I appreciate the props, but Jerry does care who he gets, otherwise Moss would be a Cowboy. Also, Quincy Carter was cut abruptly when it appeared he was the best option at the time for QB. TO was more of a malcontent given his high standards for putting forth the best efforts to win. He does not possess thug status.

So there were NO "thugs" on the team in the 90's. Do you really think if Quincy was a great or even good QB he would have been kicked off the team. If that were the case the dynasty in the 90's would never have been.
i.e. Michael Irvin, Leon Lett, Eric Williams, Nate Newton. all loved the crack, but they were great. Quincy was not.

The reason Moss isnt on the team is because they already have TO. I dont think the two could co exist.

But I still give him props. He brings in guys who want to win. Like Deion Sanders, and Keyshawn Johnson. They both had big heads and backgrounds. He's not scared.

Now with that being said I still hate the Cowboys.
Old 10-29-2007   #35
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Pacman would have a place on my football team. The dude can play. As long as he didn't disrupt the team he would be on my team.
Sitting on the couch watching you lose? I dont want bums like that on my team. The Colts can win with out having a holding cell in their stadium, we dont need to recruit the Bloods. Stow that BS right now. The way to win isnt the guys with criminal records. Look at Cinci, they arent setting the world on fire. Drafting guys with charecter issues isnt the way to make a good dependable team, its looking for the guys who can play. Not the work-out warriors, the luch pail guys who just play football.
Old 10-29-2007   #36
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTEXAN_FAN View Post
So there were NO "thugs" on the team in the 90's. Do you really think if Quincy was a great or even good QB he would have been kicked off the team. If that were the case the dynasty in the 90's would never have been.
i.e. Michael Irvin, Leon Lett, Eric Williams, Nate Newton. all loved the crack, but they were great. Quincy was not.

The reason Moss isnt on the team is because they already have TO. I dont think the two could co exist.

But I still give him props. He brings in guys who want to win. Like Deion Sanders, and Keyshawn Johnson. They both had big heads and backgrounds. He's not scared.

Now with that being said I still hate the Cowboys.
I wasn't referring to the 90's given that in most opinions you can't mention the criminal behavior without mentioning the Super Bowls, which in most opposing fans opinion, is history that has no value in the 21st Century.

I think that Quincy could have been an above average quarterback if he would have worked the system, improved his attitude, and taken advantage of the drug treatment program that could have given him the chance to remain as the quarterback on the team or at worst, a solid backup for another team. Either case, his future would have been a heck of a lot brighter.

I did, however, mention Moss because the Cowboys passed on him during the draft due to some blemishes on his character during college. Thus, he ended up in Minnesota under Dennis Green.

OBTW, hating the Cowboys is ok with me. At least we manage to stir some type of emotion, even if it's hate.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #37
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Agreed.
Old 10-29-2007   #38
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the Colts have a lot of bad character guys.

Manning, Harrison, Wayne and the list goes on about low charcater guys on the Colts, it is why they win.
Old 10-29-2007   #39
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I get the point of the post and I think it has been misinterpreted. You don't need low character guys, you needs guys with an angry fire and desire to win. See Dunta, see DeMeco. Alot of these guys are just soft. No one seems out there hitting with attitude or wanting to plant the opponent into the dirt. You can be a Jack Lambert and not get arrested. We just need guys with a little anger in their game. We possess a softness.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 10-29-2007 at 03:04 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #40
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56384 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need thugs like Pacman to be a good team, but we do need a couple of guys that have an edge or attitude about them, are nasty as hell on the field, and take no quarter. Someone who is tough, and would punch someone in the mouth if our QB was taken out like that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read