Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #1
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Enough With The High Character Guys Issue.

I think its about time the texans start getting some more players with a attitude like Travis Johnson. I don't want street thugs but some thugs on the field. We don't put fear in anyone, dunta tries but he is a 180lb db. I need to see the texans get some penalties for roughing up a qb like ours get roughed up. Why can't we do like in baseball...a pitcher hits our player, we retaliate. This team has no violence in it at all. I can't give up on them but If we are ever going to win, we have to take chances and take some of those guys with low character. I would do anything right now to take a chance on pacman jones....Tank johnson. The patriots have high character...lol? Rodney harrison cheats..hell the whole organization got caught cheating. If you aren't cheating you ain't trying. Mr McNair and coach kubiak...we can probably get pacman real cheap right about now.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Enough With The High Character Guys Issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I think its about time the texans start getting some more players with a attitude like Travis Johnson. I don't want street thugs but some thugs on the field. We don't put fear in anyone, dunta tries but he is a 180lb db. I need to see the texans get some penalties for roughing up a qb like ours get roughed up. Why can't we do like in baseball...a pitcher hits our player, we retaliate. This team has no violence in it at all. I can't give up on them but If we are ever going to win, we have to take chances and take some of those guys with low character. I would do anything right now to take a chance on pacman jones....Tank johnson. The patriots have high character...lol? Rodney harrison cheats..hell the whole organization got caught cheating. If you aren't cheating you ain't trying. Mr McNair and coach kubiak...we can probably get pacman real cheap right about now.
Maybe we can find another Med student to run the rock for us.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes more Pacmans and Haysworths will make this team a better franchise.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Pacman! doo-doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo-doo PACMAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #5
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I LOVED Mark Richt telling his guys that they would be running sprints if they did NOT GET A CELEBRATION PENALTY on their first TD. He got his team FIRED UP to kick ass and to finally beat Florida. Sometimes you need to punch a guy in the mouth to get your team up. Glanville and Bum knew this and that is why we became good under them. Please let's find someone with their spirit to take over this team. McNair is too corporate and cares too much about whether a guy is f'in religious than if they know how to win football games.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #6
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Pacman would have a place on my football team. The dude can play. As long as he didn't disrupt the team he would be on my team.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I LOVED Mark Richt telling his guys that they would be running sprints if they did NOT GET A CELEBRATION PENALTY on their first TD. He got his team FIRED UP to kick ass and to finally beat Florida. Sometimes you need to punch a guy in the mouth to get your team up. Glanville and Bum knew this and that is why we became good under them. Please let's find someone with their spirit to take over this team. McNair is too corporate and cares too much about whether a guy is f'in religious than if they know how to win football games.
Mark Richt is a great coach though. And has been for a good while. I also agree that was a smart move.
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Maybe we can find another Med student to run the rock for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Pacman! doo-doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo-doo PACMAN!
hahaha yall are making this day better for me. This game sucks. and yes...we probably should send some scouts to Baylor College of Medicine!
Old 10-28-2007   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Well the Titans are 5-2, if we had a chance to get Pacman who cares we need all the help we can get.

Our QB got his head torn off and NO ONE did anything about it.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
That's what concerns me. We don't have to have 'low' character guys to have their QB's back. I wish our entire OL went up to Florence and swarmed him. The only problem is all our guys were looking for Cromartie and probably didn't see Schaub get hit and didn't realize it until it was too late.
Old 10-28-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well the Titans are 5-2, if we had a chance to get Pacman who cares we need all the help we can get.
Okay but how much has pacman helped them get to 5-2? Not much considering he's been suspended. Plus, I don't think there are enough strip clubs in Houston for him...which actually could be good for us
Old 10-28-2007   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't know, Cincy has drafted low character guys and we see where that has got them this season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #13
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I Don't remember the coach going of about it either! Draft SEC players with a rap sheet. Anything to get a mean streak in this team. Attitude...its to hard to win football games when you have scared players. We need more Travis Johnsons, Cris Dishmans, Blaine Bishops and even Albert Haynesworths on this team. We should have the money to shop for these all or nothing type players.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay but how much has pacman helped them get to 5-2? Not much considering he's been suspended. Plus, I don't think there are enough strip clubs in Houston for him...which actually could be good for us
I was impressed with Michael Griffin last week, he seemed to be all over the place
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittman once had a DWI arrest. Didn't help him with the snap on the punt today.

Richard Smith and Jon Hoke like to cuss and yell at players. Doesn't help them teach their players how to provide safety help.

Weird game. Weird season.
Old 10-28-2007   #16
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

I never thought I would be saying this, but I am completely jealous of the Cowboys right now and Jerry Jones, Jerry doesnt care who he gets or their track record. He just wants to win, and win he does.

Look how well the TO deal is paying off right now. it is time to stop going after the safe "strong veterans" and "good leaders/ role models/ teachers" and get someone that will stir the pot and not accept losing.

As much as I dislike TO and Jerry Jones, they do not accept losing.

Please forgive me my fellow texan fans for giving the girls props. It has to be the emotions typing.
Old 10-28-2007   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTEXAN_FAN View Post
I never thought I would be saying this, but I am completely jealous of the Cowboys right now and Jerry Jones, Jerry doesnt care who he gets or their track record. He just wants to win, and win he does.

Look how well the TO deal is paying off right now. it is time to stop going after the safe "strong veterans" and "good leaders/ role models/ teachers" and get someone that will stir the pot and not accept losing.

As much as I dislike TO and Jerry Jones, they do not accept losing.

Please forgive me my fellow texan fans for giving the girls props. It has to be the emotions typing.
I don't ever want to hear that we picked up a player to "teach these young guys how to prepare" again. As far as I am concerned we don't have enough young guys that are worth teaching. Get some players that actually benefit the team, not players who are brought in to do the job of the coaches.
Old 10-28-2007   #18
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want thugs on my team, but I sure as crap would've liked to have seen my guys get ALL OVER that arsehole Florence that laid that cheap shot on Schaub. That dude needs a suspension, not just a fine. And if I was Kubiak, I'd be grabbing my linemen saying, "why the f didn't you have our guy's back?" If there's EVER a time to get an unsportsmanlike penalty, that was it. And we STILL would've gotten the 15 yards, as there were TWO unsportsmanlike penalties by the Chargers. One would have been offset.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #19
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I remember hearing Ditka today saying "I was afraid to make a mistake when playing for my coach"

How many guys are afraid to make a mistake on this team?

I mean knowing that Faggins has made tons, yet still gets the nod. And this is across the board for our whole team. You can go out there and play horrible, and go out the next week and play worse...and still get the nod for snaps.

I just wonder how many guys are afraid of losing PT and their jobs for screwing up week after week.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I remember hearing Ditka today saying "I was afraid to make a mistake when playing for my coach"

How many guys are afraid to make a mistake on this team?

I mean knowing that Faggins has made tons, yet still gets the nod. And this is across the board for our whole team. You can go out there and play horrible, and go out the next week and play worse...and still get the nod for snaps.

I just wonder how many guys are afraid of losing PT and their jobs for screwing up week after week.
That's a good point. Rep.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read