Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #21
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: The Problem is this team is too Soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
oops , My bad . Wrong thread .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, prior to this year, there was all kinds of speculation and conjecture that the rest of the team hated Carr, and therefore never stuck up for him. Now, I don't know.
That was always an idiotic position to take. Players get paid on how they look on game film...they won't devalue themselves due to some dumb grudge.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #23
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #24
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
That was always an idiotic position to take. Players get paid on how they look on game film...they won't devalue themselves due to some dumb grudge.
theoretical grudge
Old 10-28-2007   #25
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't care if it is DeMeco coming off the bench and starting some shit. Something needed to be done there. I think that play means more than people think. How do you think Schaub feels about it? That's like getting into a fight at a party and your friends stand and watch guys take cheap shots on you.
In the old days they would have planted their QB .

Ben Davidson plants Len Dawson . Buck Buchanon plants Daryl Lomanica . George Blanda kicks a field goal to win it .

You guys calling our players soft ... they show you right after their naps .
Old 10-28-2007   #26
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

The hit on Schaubie and the fact that ON ONE went and laid #29 ON HIS arse SAYS IT ALL ABOUT THIS TEAM.
They just don't have the fire in their heart.
Exceptions:
Dunta
Demeco
And I'm disapointed in them for not knocking that #29 on his butt.
Take the flag, take the fine, but stand up for your team

I have never been more disgusted in 6 years of being a fan of this team.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #27
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Oh, I totally agree. Just pointing out the irony.
Old 10-28-2007   #28
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are 4th worst in points allowed, allowing 209 points over 8 games. That's a little over 26 points per game.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #29
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
I swear how do you let someone knock your qbs head off and no one even gets in dudes face or puts someone on the chargers on their ass............this nice clean cut image that this team has needs to go, because schaub gettng blasted on that block describes exactly what we are.........and that is SOFT.....mentally, physically, emotionally, etc...........
I know this isn't the PC thing to post , but I'm with you. old school. And I realize it was a clean hit....technically, someone should of had the guy in the dirt tring to rip the guys larnyx out. And further tried to kill anyone who was tring to pull him off the guy while he was tring to rip it out. MS's fault. first thing you learn playing football got a change of possession, either get in the middle of it or get away from it. You wanna watch, buy a ticket. He should of known better. A clear brain fart on MS's part. But agreed would of like to see that guy on the ground with his larnyx hanging out. Old school. They do it because we let them rough up J.J. durring the clots game.
Hunter Smith should be a marked man in our locker room. They'll keep doing it untill someone on our side decides the fine is worth it. Just from my tree we have no Carl Maucks on this squad. And these player are not playing for the team but for their own individual rice bowls.
Old 10-28-2007   #30
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
oops , My bad . Wrong thread .
thats 5 yards baby. move em back.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #31
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
thats 5 yards baby. move em back.
It was a false start on # 69 . lol

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #32
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan Young on Fox Sports had an interesting take on the Schaub cheap shot. First he pointed out that it happened right in front of two Texan lineman (replays show it was Pitts and Salaam) and they did nothing, although in his opinion there should have been retaliation.

Young went on to say that when he blocked for Testeverde, they had a scheme for interceptions. The backside tackle would protect Vinny, and the other would go after the ball carrier.
Old 10-29-2007   #33
inschaubwetrust
Doh!

Send a message via AIM to inschaubwetrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I think maybe Carr spoiled us on tough QBs. The man may be a bust, but Schaub is a pansy compared to him.
I wouldn't call Schaub a pansy, but I will agree with you on Carr. For all of his faults (and there were a lot of them, to many for him to be our starter) he was tough as nails.

Vince Young sucks.
inschaubwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #34
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

If I were on that team and they did that to my QB, I would have gone after the guy on the next play he was on the field and let him know why I was doing it. That would do more to bring the team together than any rah-rah meeting or anything else. You need to go into battle with guys you know are going to protect each other. Doing nothing bothers me more than losing by the lopsided score.
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #35
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Upon further review.......

I know this is the most unsportsman-like thread I've ever posted, and normally I'm totally against this sort of thing, but I'm truly embarrassed that our O-linemen (and tailbacks/fullbacks) we're standing on the field when a Chargers player (two of them) made that illegal helmet to helmet on Schaub purposely, and did NOTHING. Their job is to protect the QB. When someone punks him out like that (hard enough to give him a concussion), you get in there, and make him regret it.

I'm not a violent guy typically, but you tough my wife, or kid (if I had one), and I'll take a baseball bat to your forehead without thinking twice. That's basically what he did too. He knows you're there to protect the QB. Knocking him out of the game also causes you to lose a game or two, which hurts your paycheck, which hurts your family. I know it's a stretch, but I would like to see some anger out of our guys when that happens. I want to see them take that as a personal insult, and get furious......God forbid, maybe play with some passion. (Other than the beginning of the Titans game, when they punked us, I've never seen us fight back). Is it too much to ask for some unity?
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #36
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Upon further review.......

we're soft...... that's just the hard-to-swallow truth.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #37
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by inschaubwetrust View Post
I wouldn't call Schaub a pansy, but I will agree with you on Carr. For all of his faults (and there were a lot of them, to many for him to be our starter) he was tough as nails.
I agree in part but in reality, at least the last 2-3 years, I wasn't sure if Carr was tough, or it was just the fact that he never stood in there and took big shots. Emmitt Smith used to be great and turning so that no one got a clean shot at him. Many times Dave would be in his protective shell before guys even got to him. But he had a good injury record.
Old 11-02-2007   #38
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I agree in part but in reality, at least the last 2-3 years, I wasn't sure if Carr was tough, or it was just the fact that he never stood in there and took big shots. Emmitt Smith used to be great and turning so that no one got a clean shot at him. Many times Dave would be in his protective shell before guys even got to him. But he had a good injury record.
The only scary injury I remembe Emmitt ever having was a hit on his noggin he took in Chicago and I'm not even sure I remember anybody hitting him...he jumped over a pack of players at the goal line and ended up landing on his head/neck. He had that "no feeling" sensation for a few seconds I think but I do believe he played the next week.

He did play the one game with a separated shoulder during a playoff game with the Giants. Emmitt just had a ton of heart.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The team seems to value 'high character' guys with nice smiles and niiiiiiiiice personalities. It is part of marketing a "family friendly" atmosphere, and I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that if the market continues to support habitually losing teams, then why should the Texans FO change the formula?
Old 11-02-2007   #40
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Upon further review.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
we're soft...... that's just the hard-to-swallow truth.
Not soft......."Nice guys"......per the marketing department. You know what they say about nice guys.......
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read