Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-15-2004   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans, Cowboys battling it out for states top pick in 2005 Draft

Philly pummelling Dallas as McNabb-Owens show they are the real deal in
this weeks MNF game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #2
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Philly pummelling Dallas as McNabb-Owens show they are the real deal in
this weeks MNF game.
Indeed.....

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Even as badly as the Texans played the last 2 weeks they have the better team and bigger upside. They have drafted better than the Cowboys and improved at some positions while the Cowboys have regressed and badly.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Cowboys could have the first two picks for the state in 2005, since they have Buffalo's first round also.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #5
chicagotexan
All Pro

At this point I don't see why Henson doesn't play. You're not making the palyoffs so might as well see if your youngster can play. If it turns out he can't then you'll be better prepared to deal with it in the off-season. Looks like the NYG are finally letting Manning get some PT.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Cowboys are a lock for a top 10 pick and maybe even higher.

It's hard to believe after watching them last night that there is a worse team in the NFL.
Old 11-16-2004   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At this point I don't see why Henson doesn't play. You're not making the palyoffs so might as well see if your youngster can play. If it turns out he can't then you'll be better prepared to deal with it in the off-season. Looks like the NYG are finally letting Manning get some PT.
Parcells is totally against letting Henson play, they showed a clip during last night's game of him saying it at a press conference. I think the media has been hounding him about it also. I don't think Testaverde is the problem though, they have no running game and no defense.
Old 11-16-2004   #8
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Parcells is totally against letting Henson play, they showed a clip during last night's game of him saying it at a press conference. I think the media has been hounding him about it also. I don't think Testaverde is the problem though, they have no running game and no defense.
I agree with you that Vinny is not the reason behind thier poor play, but how much longer should he be in the plans for the future? What's the point in going with someone that won't be there much longer and the season is in the pooper?
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he'll be there after this year, so they are probably just playing him to get their money's worth out of him, I think he signed like a 1 year/$1 mil contract or something. Or maybe Parcells thinks they have a shot at the playoffs, I dunno really. What I heard Parcells tell the media is, "Why do I want to put in a guy who has been out of football for three years playing baseball, who hasn't proven anything." There was more to what he said but I don't remember it all.
Old 11-16-2004   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

What he really said was he did not want to throw Henson in there with the receivers they have and little or no opportunity to do well. I think he's afraid since the cast around Henson is so poor it will be bad for him.

I DO understand that point; they are woeful on offense but there is no chance for the playoffs and I personally think he should be playing at least when the game is not on the line. I disagree with the coach about that.

He's trying to protect Henson I think.
Old 11-16-2004   #11
MADDENFAN
Rookie

Default WHERE'S THE "D"

The Texans And Cowboys Got Outscored 98-35 This Week. Maybe If We Put Our Two Teams Together We Could Hold Them Under 35.
MADDENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDENFAN
The Texans And Cowboys Got Outscored 98-35 This Week. Maybe If We Put Our Two Teams Together We Could Hold Them Under 35.

I'd take the Texans defense right now straight up over the Cowboys. They let McNabb run around for 16 seconds I think before throwing a TD pass. Incredible.
Old 11-16-2004   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Dallas will have two really high picks. And that can be an exciting thing. But what they do with those picks has me concerned. If Jones trades both in order to pick up a plethora of 2/3rd rounders, I'm going through the roof.

What this team is lacking is playmakers. Odds are, you're going to find those in the first round. And I damn sure have seen no reason to believe they can find talent in the later rounds. Heck, they haven't shown the ability to find talent in the early rounds.

With Buffalo's pick and with our own, we should have two top 10 draft picks. If I'm the GM, my job is simple:

1. Antrel Rolle - Will probably be the best available player at the time and will also fill a need. Kill two birds with one stone.

2. David Pollack/Erasmus James - Which ever one is on the board. If both are gone...trade down. I'd like to get a 3rd to replace the pick given to Houston.

3. 2nd round, pray Ernest Shazor is still on the board. I love Darren Woodson. He has been a great ambassador for the league and for the Dallas Cowboys. But his time has come. He needs to hang up the cleats so that Roy Williams can move to his natural position and let a young playmaker (like Shazor) take over at FS.

See, this NFL stuff ain't so hard.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #14
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge

What this team is lacking is playmakers. Odds are, you're going to find those in the first round. And I damn sure have seen no reason to believe they can find talent in the later rounds. Heck, they haven't shown the ability to find talent in the early rounds.

With Buffalo's pick and with our own, we should have two top 10 draft picks. If I'm the GM, my job is simple:

1. Antrel Rolle - Will probably be the best available player at the time and will also fill a need. Kill two birds with one stone.

2. David Pollack/Erasmus James - Which ever one is on the board. If both are gone...trade down. I'd like to get a 3rd to replace the pick given to Houston.
Just a few months ago you said Pollack was "all hype and no substance." Don't tell me you have changed your mind Huge.
Old 11-16-2004   #15
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45144 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerruh loves Quincy Carter. Will probably trade Buffalos no.1 to Jets for Quincy.
Old 11-16-2004   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Just a few months ago you said Pollack was "all hype and no substance." Don't tell me you have changed your mind Huge.
Yeah, "no substance" was a bit of an exaggeration.

But that conversation centered around Pollack winning the Hendricks award over more deserving DEs. His stats were inflated and the media jumped all over him because of his sophomore season. That was the hype.

In fact, you can review that discussion here.

As you'll see, I said that the other players having better seasons didn't mean they were better players than Pollack. Just that they deserved the award more than he did. That was a compliment to Pollack.

Last edited by Huge; 11-16-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

LOL!

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I was at a game once and Troy did the same thing. They break from the huddle and they don't look down and just go to an area..which in this case was the wrong person.

BTW Huge...I've read where Woodson is almost definitely done for the year and has entertained thoughts of retiring because the surgery and rehab time has been tough on him. He's got a family to consider so I am thinking he'll probably just retire. He's been a good one. Hate to see him go.
Old 11-19-2004   #19
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
BTW Huge...I've read where Woodson is almost definitely done for the year and has entertained thoughts of retiring because the surgery and rehab time has been tough on him. He's got a family to consider so I am thinking he'll probably just retire. He's been a good one. Hate to see him go.
Yeah, it's a shame for Darren. I really feel sorry for the guy. Before the season he was all pumped up to achieve his only goal- To win in Jacksonville in Febuary. Now time's running out on this season and his career.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Yeah, it's a shame for Darren. I really feel sorry for the guy. Before the season he was all pumped up to achieve his only goal- To win in Jacksonville in Febuary. Now time's running out on this season and his career.

I'm sorry I cannot provide a link but to be honest I do not remember where I read it but the article had an interview with Woody and he said he had been practicing and he just had nothing in his legs. No strength, no push, no drive. He made some comment that it was very frustrating because he had been rehabbing a long time and done very well. But after actually preparing in a practice situation he was very let down because it was obvious he was not ready for any game situation. I believe, ultimately, he will retire. He's mid 30's I think and it was around the corner anyway. I really like the guy too. He's just been so steady back there. And I do believe one of their major problems on defense was not being able to replace him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read