Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I have a bad feeling about this game.

This game just doesn't sit well with me...

1. Chargers coming off a bye-week.
2. Chargers were playing very well before the bye week.
3. Texans 1-4 the last 5 weeks.
4. Texans lost an emotional game after making a huge comeback.
5. No AJ

6. CHARGERS AND THE CROWD'S ADRENALINE WILL BE AT A LEVEL TEN AFTER THE WILDFIRES.

Hope I'm wrong.....
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #2
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I have a bad feeling about this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
This game just doesn't sit well with me...

1. Chargers coming off a bye-week.
2. Chargers were playing very well before the bye week.
3. Texans 1-4 the last 5 weeks.
4. Texans lost an emotional game after making a huge comeback.
5. No AJ

6. CHARGERS AND THE CROWD'S ADRENALINE WILL BE AT A LEVEL TEN AFTER THE WILDFIRES.

Hope I'm wrong.....
Good points, but I'm hoping that #4 actually works to our advantage. For them to come back like that was pretty amazing. I hope it gives them confidence that they can do anything if they put some heart and effort into it.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

You're not the only one.

Our safeties are not good in coverage, Gates could have a big day.
Our outside run defense has not been good latley, LT could have a HUGE day.
Our offensive line play has been bad lately, SD brings more pressure than almost anyone.
SD just seems to be strong in all the areas we are weak in. I do not like this match up at all.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #4
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

You are just now feeling like this game is trouble? I've had this one marked down as a loss since the schedule came out.
Old 10-28-2007   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
You are just now feeling like this game is trouble? I've had this one marked down as a loss since the schedule came out.
+1
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #6
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will games they weren't suppose to and lose ones they should of won. I think today will be the day they win one they weren't suppose to.
Old 10-28-2007   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Texans will games they weren't suppose to and lose ones they should of won. I think today will be the day they win one they weren't suppose to.
I feel we will show up for this game. I'm pulling for my boys to make THEMSELVES proud! The good kind of pride, not one of self, but one of TEAM!

Go Texans!

Old 10-28-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be surprised if anyone gets disappointed by the results of this game too much, since they're be foolish IMO if they have even moderate expectations of Texans success to begin with.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me clarify, I have a bad feeling that we are gonna get blown out pretty bad, NOT JUST LOSE. I mean, like 42-13... , yeah I thought this game would be a loss since the schedule came out but I just think we won't even be competitive.. LIKE I SAID, I HOPE I'M WRONG.
Old 10-28-2007   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
Let me clarify, I have a bad feeling that we are gonna get blown out pretty bad, NOT JUST LOSE. I mean, like 42-13... , yeah I thought this game would be a loss since the schedule came out but I just think we won't even be competitive.. LIKE I SAID, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

I think everyone on here hopes your wrong
Old 10-28-2007   #11
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I think it is all about #3. This team hasn't look prepared and has played really awful the past four weeks. I don't think we will win, but I'd like to see some sort of improvement. This team (and I am including the coaching staff here) have taken a real step back in this time frame. I don't want to watch a completely overwhelmed team out on the field today - and I certainly don't want to hear our coach say after the game that he failed to properly prepare the team.

I think mentally, this is a big game for the season. If we can be at the half way point and be 4-4, I think the team, city and fans will be satisfied that progress has been made and that we are on pace for a .500 season - which is where most saw this team before the season started - despite the tough losses. If we lose this game, I wouldn't be surprised to see things spiral out of control.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I think it is all about #3. This team hasn't look prepared and has played really awful the past four weeks. I don't think we will win, but I'd like to see some sort of improvement. This team (and I am including the coaching staff here) have taken a real step back in this time frame. I don't want to watch a completely overwhelmed team out on the field today - and I certainly don't want to hear our coach say after the game that he failed to properly prepare the team.

I think mentally, this is a big game for the season. If we can be at the half way point and be 4-4, I think the team, city and fans will be satisfied that progress has been made and that we are on pace for a .500 season - which is where most saw this team before the season started - despite the tough losses. If we lose this game, I wouldn't be surprised to see things spiral out of control.
I agree...
Old 10-28-2007   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't see us coming up with a win either . I saw a stat about teams coming off a bye week , and their record . It was pretty staggering towards the win side . Something like in the high 80s percentage wise , they win . It just doesn't look good for the Texans . You never know , maybe they will pull a fast one on the Bolts . As long as they don't get blown out , that will be cool . I'm not being a bad fan , I'm just being realistic .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the team we saw play KC and Carolina show up, but it does look like a tough road.

Maybe we'll catch SD flat as they might see themselves as a team that should easily win, and a bigger maybe...our guys show up pissed after last week.

Old 10-28-2007   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The Chargers are one of the 5 toughest teams in the NFL for us stylistically imo but this could be a trap game for them. They just started getting momentum and had to go into a bye week filled with uncertainty due to the fires in SD. They most likely haven't had their minds on football leading up to the game and they could come out flat against us.

If we can force SD to dig themselves into a hole early then we have a good shot at winning this game, Rivers hasn't been playing all that well this year and if they are forced to pass they will be NORVed.
Old 10-28-2007   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This game kinda reminds me of the UT vs A&M game after the bonfire tragedy. You feel bad for the opposition due to the local tragedy and it's almost a no win situation if your rooting for the other team.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we get crushed today and LT has 3 or 4 TD's (at least two on the ground)....hope not, but I think he goes nuts today. I didn't see a very good team when the game was on the line last week vs the Titans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #19
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm optimistic that they could win but realistically, they're chances are very low. They will need to play perfect football to really have any chance at all. If they continue to turn the ball over, then like Vinny said, they'll get crushed.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking forward to the day when the biggest asset the Texans take into a game is not "maybe the opponent will look past/underrate/get caught in a trap game".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read