Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2007   #1
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Ticker

Well I just got Leopard, the new Apple operating system, and I was feeling creative so I created a dashboard widget that counts down to this weeks Houston Texans’ game. Once the game starts tomorrow, it will count down to the next game and so on. On the back of the widget are some links to Houston Texan related site including Texans Talk.

It's for Mac only. No offense to the Windows users, I've just been a Mac user most of my life not to mention that I worked for Apple for several years so I don't ever develop anything for Windows. So you Mac users check it out and tell me what you think.

You can download it from my site:
http://web.mac.com/twitchie/TwitchsB...ns_Ticker.html

Thanks,
Twitch
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Well I just got Leopard, the new Apple operating system, and I was feeling creative so I created a dashboard widget that counts down to this weeks Houston Texans’ game. Once the game starts tomorrow, it will count down to the next game and so on. On the back of the widget are some links to Houston Texan related site including Texans Talk.

It's for Mac only. No offense to the Windows users, I've just been a Mac user most of my life not to mention that I worked for Apple for several years so I don't ever develop anything for Windows. So you Mac users check it out and tell me what you think.

You can download it from my site:
http://web.mac.com/twitchie/TwitchsB...ns_Ticker.html

Thanks,
Twitch
Well... I never... *snubs nose right back at you*

That's pretty awesome. I looked into getting a countdown clock myself as well but they cost so I decided against it. From one texans fan to another.... make one PC friendly! PLEASE????
Old 10-28-2007   #3
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Well... I never... *snubs nose right back at you*

That's pretty awesome. I looked into getting a countdown clock myself as well but they cost so I decided against it. From one texans fan to another.... make one PC friendly! PLEASE????
Well it's not that I don't want to, it's just that the Apple operating system has the program to read widgets built right into it. There was a program called Konfabulator that used to run widgets. Yahoo bought the company and now offers the program for free.

http://widgets.yahoo.com/

I'll see what I can do about making my widget run in that program cause it's for Mac or PC. I may have to do a little recoding or nothing at all. I'll let you know. I'll cut Windows users slack if their Texans fans.
Old 10-28-2007   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

That's a great widget Twitch, and it's got a new home on my dashboard. I'm a Mac user too. I don't think I'll ever go back to a PC.

Not to get off topic, but I'm hoping the wife will either get me Leopard for Christmas or at least let me get it for myself. The new features look very cool.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #5
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome widget!

Thanks Twitch
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #6
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
That's a great widget Twitch, and it's got a new home on my dashboard. I'm a Mac user too. I don't think I'll ever go back to a PC.

Not to get off topic, but I'm hoping the wife will either get me Leopard for Christmas or at least let me get it for myself. The new features look very cool.
Thanks. I was hoping there were some Mac users on here that could use it. My buddy who I go to the games with is the reason the company I work for uses Macs so he was the first person I sent the widget to. I will say this, Leopard is pretty awesome so far. At first the changes seem to be mostly cosmetic, but once you dig in you realize it's pretty different from Tiger.

So far most of my old programs have worked in it.

Sorry to get off topic everyone, but I posted it here because I know this is where most people hang out. It does relate to the Texans and football though.
Old 10-28-2007   #7
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
Awesome widget!

Thanks Twitch
Thanks feeble. First thing I did when I got up this morning was check it. I hated seeing over 6 hours to go. Late games suck...ha ha
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Why don't you just call that "ticker" the doomsday ticker.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #9
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
haha. I know it shouldn't, but that made me laugh.

*oh, small victories*...
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #10
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Instead of saying count down to chargers it should have said count down to extinction or blow out or whatever else means we completely sucked.

Man those first two games tricked us into believing. The Oilers legacy keeps following Houston. Please stop the madness...ha ha

6 days 21 hours till we make the Raiders look good.

Last edited by Twitch-Houston; 10-28-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read