Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2007   #41
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The sports flash on 610 said that AJ had a full practice today, looked good and there is 'good' chance that he will play this Sunday... Obviously thats nothing official, I am just posting what I heard on the radio...
I heard that too and I almost laughed. They are really cranking up the rhetoric. I wonder who they think is listening?
Old 11-01-2007   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Now it was ".......both (Green) 'may be' able to go, Sunday"

I won't beleive anything until I see AJ line up and release from the LOS...
Old 11-01-2007   #43
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Now its "......more than likely both will play"

*yawn*
Old 11-01-2007   #44
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Ill believe hes gonna play when Vandameer says "rock and roll"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandameer View Post
Rock and Roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #45
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a video on the Texans home page and Kubes said there is a very good chance that AJ will play this Sunday. There is also another video that has AJ saying he will most likely play as well.

WE SHALL SEE!!!!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Andre Johnson

We'll have to watch Lindsay's video tomorrow and see what Kubes says.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #47
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

After Kubes praised the team for last weeks game I really could care less what he says. He needs to tick off the team somhow so they will play some football.
Old 11-01-2007   #48
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
There is a video on the Texans home page and Kubes said there is a very good chance that AJ will play this Sunday. There is also another video that has AJ saying he will most likely play as well.

WE SHALL SEE!!!!
Andre can have one of my knees, as long as he comes back.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #49
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
After Kubes praised the team for last weeks game I really could care less what he says. He needs to tick off the team somhow so they will play some football.
I played a lot of football in my day, you can't rush all injuries and the Texans got biten by the injury bug early on. We just have to be patient with it all. Better days ahead just keep the faith.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #50
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I think Kubiak wants him to play. While we may be ready to give up the season I don't think Kubes want to send that message to our players. Now for those saying "Wait until he's 100%" well after the first game he was never 100%. NFL players are nicked and banged up every week and perform at 75% with sore knees, elbows, shoulders, bruised ribs...you name it. I think if he's 80% he probably goes.

Which means if his knee is sore he probably goes. Demeco played with some injury last year that he kept to himself, we know what Mario did, point is most of the players on that field don't play at 100%. And when players say they are 100% what they mean is good enough to play.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
The sports flash on 610 said that AJ had a full practice today, looked good and there is 'good' chance that he will play this Sunday... Obviously thats nothing official, I am just posting what I heard on the radio...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I heard that too and I almost laughed. They are really cranking up the rhetoric. I wonder who they think is listening?
Quote:
Now it was ".......both (Green) 'may be' able to go, Sunday"

I won't beleive anything until I see AJ line up and release from the LOS...
Quote:
Now its "......more than likely both will play"

*yawn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post

WE SHALL SEE!!!!
Well now its....."Andre will NOT play until the Saints game"
Old 11-02-2007   #52
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ not playing till the Saints game is probably a good thing, if you ask me; and yes I know that nobody asked me.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
AJ not playing till the Saints game is probably a good thing, if you ask me; and yes I know that nobody asked me.
Even if no one asked, I agree with you.
Old 11-02-2007   #54
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not anticipate AJ playing this week.

The person I am interested in is Owen Daniels.

First it's high ankle sprain, not as bad as what he had in college.

Then it is no practice Wednesday.

Then limited practice Thursday.

Hmm.

Andre Davis playing with mashed up ribs is no small deal either. Try laying out for a pass or running down the field with messed up ribs.
Old 11-02-2007   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The person I am interested in is Owen Daniels.
From ESPN's injury report:

Quote:
Comment: Rockets head coach Gary Kubiak said Daniels (ankle) "should be ready to go" Sunday against the Raiders, the Houston Chronicle reports.
Of course they have Kubiak as the Rockets coach but they got it from the Chronicle supposedly.
Old 11-02-2007   #56
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Of course they have Kubiak as the Rockets coach but they got it from the Chronicle supposedly.
Man, I guess this explains the team's lack of focus and generally looking unprepared for games. Kubiak needs to make up his mind if he's going to coach the Rockets or the Texans because the Texans are obviously suffering from his split attention!

I mean, if I'm McNair, I'm making him choose one or the other!

Old 11-02-2007   #57
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't shoot me but this may be a good week to pick up Oakland's Defense if yours is on a bye

At the beginning of the season I was looking forward to having a week 10 bye...that's great if you don't have injuries....but seeing how just about 75% of our starters have missed time due to injuries, it is not looking good at all. we really could have used an earlier bye week to help some players recoup. oh well, it was out of our hands.

As far as AJ coming back. I think when its a more serious injury like his that could essentially turn into a Domanic Davis type injury if he plays on it...should wait till the knee is 100%. You can play through sore ribs, etc even though it sucks but when your talking about a possibly career ending type of injury->its a good idea to wait
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #58
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan Bill made mention of this, but here's the skinny.

AJ is a no go for Oakland.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5268637.html

The Texans have decided that Pro Bowl receiver Andre Johnson will not play this weekend. Johnson is still recovering from a knee sprain he suffered in Week 2. He has been inactive the past six weeks.

Coach Gary Kubiak said that Andre Johnson will play when the Texans return to the field on Nov. 18 against New Orleans. The Texans do not have a game next Sunday.

"He will not play until we come back against New Orleans," coach Gary Kubiak said.

So we'll trot out a beat up Andre Davis, David Anderson, K-Dub, and a roughed up Jacoby Jones?

This has been a wild season.

Can we start over? Maybe start over six or eight weeks before the season with a whole new strength and conditioning program as well as an all new training staff?

Can we wrap all of our starters in bubble wrap?

Can we just do SOMETHING!
Old 11-02-2007   #59
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I tried to give everyone the scoop on that so they wouldn't get their hopes up, but Kubiak's optimism was too contagious.

This is it though - he'll play against the Saints.
Old 11-02-2007   #60
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Everyone I talked to that had connections or that were close to the team told me he wasn't going to start till the Saints game (and knew from day 1 that Andre was going to be down for half the season or so)...donno why the Texans FO keeps playing these games.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read