Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-26-2007   #1
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default 2008 Texans -- Pick it apart, I know you want to!!

I'm sorry to be "looking ahead". I still believe in the Texans, I just needed something positive to think about for a day or two. We will have over 30MM in cap room!! DRob and Weary are our only big FA's we have to resign (maybe Danny Clark, but he will be cheap). I did see that DRob is extended through 2010...is that true?

Check out the potential:

FS Jordan Babineaux UFA Seattle Seahawks
FS Mike Doss UFA Minnesota Vikings
FS Deke Cooper UFA Carolina Panthers
FS Eugene Wilson UFA New England Patriots

CB Dre' Bly UFA Denver Broncos
CB Quentin Jammer UFA San Diego Chargers
CB Charles Tillman UFA Chicago Bears

OG Alan Faneca UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Jake Scott UFA Indianapolis Colts
OT Max Starks UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Trai Essex RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Sean Locklear UFA Seattle Seahawks

LB Boss Bailey UFA Detroit Lions
LB Tedy Bruschi UFA New England Patriots
LB Na'il Diggs UFA Carolina Panthers
LB Demorrio Williams UFA Atlanta Falcons
LB Mike Vrabel UFA New England Patriots
LB Darrell McClover UFA Chicago Bears

DL Jared Allen UFA Kansas City Chiefs
DL Ebenezer Ekuban UFA Denver Broncos
DL Mike Rucker UFA Carolina Panthers
DL Paul Spicer UFA Jacksonville Jaguars
DL Terrell Suggs UFA Baltimore Ravens
DL Randy Starks UFA Tennessee Titans

FB Lorenzo Neal UFA San Diego Chargers
RB Michael Turner UFA San Diego Chargers

WR Bernard Berrian UFA Chicago Bears

There is a good chance we get a big name cornerback at the very least. I know Bennett is doing well, but you don't pass those guys up with that much cap room unless you're totally rebuilding the Oline, which I'm also ok with. I believe we draft an RB in the first (assuming it's not a reach pick).

My ideal signings:

CB Charles Tillman - Solid CB that can help Dunta make this a solid secondary
LB Boss Bailey - Together with Demeco would make a scary LB corp for not a lot of money
DL Paul Spicer - Could rotate with Weaver and it's always nice to take people out of Jacksonville!!
FB Lorenzo Neal - If he can open holes like that for LT, I can't wait to see him open holes for our #1 draft pick

LT - Spencer gets healthy and is back up to speed by week3

1st round draft - Jonathan Stewart RB
3rd round draft - Best Center available
__________________________________________________ ___
Depth Chart would be:

QB: Schaub/Rosenfels
FB: Lorenzo Neal/Vonta Leach
RB: Ahman Green/Jonathan Stewart
WR1: AJ/ ADavis
WR2: Kevin Walter/Jacoby Jones
LT: Charles Spencer/Ephraim Salaam
LG: Chester Pitts/McKinney
C: McKinney/Flanagan/Rookie C (start by week 4)
RG: Weary/Studdard
RT: Winston/Black

RDE: Mario/Kalu
RDT: Amobi Okoye
LDT: Travis Johnson
LDE: Spicer/Weaver
LB: Demeco Ryans
LB: Boss Bailey
LB:Clark/Greenwood
SS: Boulware/Earl
FS: Demps/CC Brown (2009 will have to be our year at FS)
CB: DRob/Faggins
CB2: Charles Tillman

KR: Jacoby
PR: Jacoby
P: Turk
K: K Brown
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #2
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 Texans -- Pick it apart, I know you want to!!

That is a positive thing to look forward to - all of the cap space and all of the free agents. Heck, I feel like a Tight 'Uns fan at a Dollar General sale! "Wee-Haw! Break out the potted meat and put the lipstick on the pig! It's gonna be a party!"

So said, I'm just thinking that Spencer making it all the way back to being a solid LT after nearly two years on the bench might be overly optimistic and I don't necessarily think its a lock that McKinney comes back. I'm also not really comfortable with Boulware and Demps as bookend safeties....

But that's just me.

Still, it is nice to be reminded that there will actually be some money next year and we won't still be paying for the previous regime's mistakes.
Old 10-27-2007   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Check out the potential:

FS Jordan Babineaux UFA Seattle Seahawks
FS Mike Doss UFA Minnesota Vikings
FS Deke Cooper UFA Carolina Panthers
FS Eugene Wilson UFA New England Patriots

CB Dre' Bly UFA Denver Broncos
CB Quentin Jammer UFA San Diego Chargers
CB Charles Tillman UFA Chicago Bears

OG Alan Faneca UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Jake Scott UFA Indianapolis Colts
OT Max Starks UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Trai Essex RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Sean Locklear UFA Seattle Seahawks

LB Boss Bailey UFA Detroit Lions
LB Tedy Bruschi UFA New England Patriots
LB Na'il Diggs UFA Carolina Panthers
LB Demorrio Williams UFA Atlanta Falcons
LB Mike Vrabel UFA New England Patriots
LB Darrell McClover UFA Chicago Bears

DL Jared Allen UFA Kansas City Chiefs
DL Ebenezer Ekuban UFA Denver Broncos
DL Mike Rucker UFA Carolina Panthers
DL Paul Spicer UFA Jacksonville Jaguars
DL Terrell Suggs UFA Baltimore Ravens
DL Randy Starks UFA Tennessee Titans

FB Lorenzo Neal UFA San Diego Chargers
RB Michael Turner UFA San Diego Chargers

WR Bernard Berrian UFA Chicago Bears
Wouldnt mind any of those signings (for a decent amount of $). Very unlikely tho.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Jammer and Tillman both signed extensions before the season, so cross them off the wish list.
Old 10-27-2007   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

im sure SF fans were doing the same last yr..
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

You need to take Flanagan and probably one other o-lineman off that list. They aren't going to carry 11 on the roster.

They also better have a better plan than Spencer at LT and Salaam if Spencer can't go. That doesn't work this year, and it isn't going to be any better next year unless Spencer makes a full recovery and is as good as evreyone projected after 1.5 games evidence. I don't like the odds on everything coming together so perfectly for Spencer.
Old 10-27-2007   #7
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the people on your list, I like OG Alan Faneca and DE Terrell Suggs the best.
Old 10-27-2007   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
My ideal signings:

CB Charles Tillman - Solid CB that can help Dunta make this a solid secondary
LB Boss Bailey - Together with Demeco would make a scary LB corp for not a lot of money
DL Paul Spicer - Could rotate with Weaver and it's always nice to take people out of Jacksonville!!
FB Lorenzo Neal - If he can open holes like that for LT, I can't wait to see him open holes for our #1 draft pick
Tillman--fine, gambler who will get burnt if there is no pressure up front, but would be an upgrade if the price is low.
Bailey--athletic freak who can't stay on the field and has underwhelmed.
Spicer--why bother? 32 year old DE v. Weaver and Kalu--no point.
Neal--ain't happening. Leach just got signed to the largest FB contract in the NFL plus he does his job well.
Old 10-27-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Kubiak (assuming he's still here after this season), won't make another blunder and rely upon Spencer as his LT. With the severity of his injury, which
resulted in him missing virtually "TWO" whole seasons, its hard to imagine that he can regain his athleticism and quickness for the 2008 season, if ever.
But his size and strength should remained intact and enable him to return to his origional Oline position of guard, maybe even RT.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read