Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

P-Burnt playing very well?

gtexan02

Working?
Is anyone else noticing the quietly productive Philip Buchanan? Against Indy and Ten he had 18 tackles. P-burnt did. He's also got 2 INTs and 7 passes defended. Wow.

I absolutely hate it when a player sucks here and then goes somewhere else and has a breakout year. What does it say about

a) Our coaching
b) Our system?

I think it says more about the system in Tampa Bay. You often see corners flourish under the Tampa 2 scheme that struggle in other schemes that demand more man to man coverage skills & sometimes leave a CB on an island. For instance just look at the former Colts CB who's now in New Orleans. He's been getting burned on a regular basis. P-Burnt also is a bit of a gambler back in the secondary. You can afford to gamble a little more when you've got help over the top. If you're on an island and you gamble & lose then you've just given up six points.

he's also tackling VERY well, which is surprising, because he's been labeled as soft since his days at The U.

he's also tackling VERY well, which is surprising, because he's been labeled as soft since his days at The U.

Being let go by the Texans has a way of letting a player know he's hit rock bottom. At that point they either get motivated to change their ways or the Dolphins pick them up of waivers (jk).

Being let go by the Texans has a way of letting a player know he's hit rock bottom. At that point they either get motivated to change their ways or the Dolphins pick them up of waivers (jk).

If I was player I'd be tempted to put "cut from Texans by Capers and his boys" on my resume.

Is anyone else noticing the quietly productive Philip Buchanan? Against Indy and Ten he had 18 tackles. P-burnt did. He's also got 2 INTs and 7 passes defended. Wow.

I absolutely hate it when a player sucks here and then goes somewhere else and has a breakout year. What does it say about

a) Our coaching
b) Our system?

I for one am excited for P-Buc, I was very excited when we traded for him and defended him till his bitter end with the Texans.

I think the system here was not suitable for him. Matching talent and skill set to the system in place is one of the tougher and more crucial elements of personnel decisions. It is one area where I question the otherwise stellar work of Rick Smith and co.

Back