Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-26-2007   #21
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Howdy pards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
When it comes to the Oilersí move there is plenty of guilt to be passed around. If you want to delude yourself into thinking it was all mean old Bud Adamsí fault that's fine, but that's all it is, a simplified black and white delusion. If that helps you cope with the fact that your city politicos and you the fans of Houston were also responsible for letting the team you loved so much slip away that's cool, but don't get self righteous with me and try to pass your delusion off as fact.
Wow. Your cheese is definitely slipping off your cracker. If I were you, I would spend as much time as possible finding those crayons that have obvious fallen out of your Crayola box.

But in all seriousness, you obviously aren't from Houston. I have only lived here for a dozen years, but from day one I could see how much the city loved that team.

The fact is, Bud Adams is an asshole. Words cannot express how vile of a person he truly is. After all this city did for him, he spat in its face.

Have fun rooting for that group of thugs in Tennessee. It seems Bud has surrounded himself with people just like himself. Stomping on the face of defenseless people.
Old 10-26-2007   #22
titanbuoy
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 titanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I guess the guy can't be from "Cincinatti."
There's no place I'd rather "mispell"

well, I guess with the possible exception pf Pittsbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
titanbuoy you bad troll.

Don't you know not to mention the Oilers history.We're only allowed to bring it up when the Texans fans have given us permission.
Geeez, tell me about it. I was trying to be honest about where I'm coming from and the guy jumps down my throat. I said I realized evrything I was saying was simply my perspective and that I was aware they had a different one yet Double Barrell flips the ***** switch. Oh well, it's good to know that when indeed I do decide to do a little trolling guys like DB will be an easy mark.

I was honestly hoping that at least for this thread we could talk about the past that many of us have in common, instead of focusing on the things that we obviously have differences on.

Meh, I guess if I were a fan of the Texans I'd be a tad edgy too.
titanbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was honestly hoping that at least for this thread we could talk about the past that many of us have in common, instead of focusing on the things that we obviously have differences on.

did you start the thread in the smack section or did you start it in the NFL section? This is the "smack" area btw

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #24
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
So here it is my first post, and rather than being a smack talking dick from post one I thought I'd just say hi to everyone here at TT. I'm not going to sugarcoat this, I hate the Texans, I hate the fact that Houston and Bud somehow managed to rob me of my favourite football team. I really don't want to argue about that now, let's face it that argument has been done to death; I'm sure we can go round and round about that at some point.

I thought I'd focus on the fact that until a decade ago we we're cheering for the same team... getting our hearts broken by the same team. Now we're getting our hearts broken by two different franchises (one yard short in the Super Bowl for me... and just about every game in Texans history for you guys... okay yeah, that was a shot, I'll cut it out).

Remember Alonzo Highsmith? Damn I loved that guy... I recall a game against the dreaded Bengals in 88 (I think), with the Oilers up by ten midway through the fourth quarter Esiason led Cincinatti to a TD to cut the lead to three points. The momentum seemed all in the Bungals favour. On the ensuing drive the Oilers ran Highsmith on every play, eating up the clock and ultimately scoring a TD. Damn, there was nothing better than seeing that douche bag Sam Wyche and the criminally overhyped Norman Esiason stewing on the sideline as the Oilers ran it down thier throats.

As an Oilers fan since the mid-seventies (as a kid I loved Kenny Burrough and Robert Brazile), I lived a died with that frickin team... and I'm sure that's something many of us share in common. I'm not sure why that Bengals game stands out so much for me. Perhaps it was the fact that it was the initial stages of the successful Moon era, after the team had struggled through much of the eighties.

To this day I still hate the Steelers as much as any franchise in the league. Losing two AFC Championship to the steroid fueled Steelers is something that doesn't leave me (are any of those steroid gobbling offensive lineman still alive). I was 14 at the time that Mike Renfro MADE that catch in the back of the endzone... I cried like a *****. Okay everyone together now, one time with feeling "F the Steelers!!!!!!"

Anyways... I'll stick to talking crap from now on, but at least initially I thought I should come in and talk about the thing we share in common rather than coming in here and spewing smack right from post #1.

Iím quite familiar with Overalls from his trips to go Titans, and other than his inexplicable insistence to follow the Texans he seems like a cool guy. I've also recently become familiar with Silver Oak.

Here's to years of great rivalry games, but let us not completely forget our many shared memories of great wins and heartbreaking losses.

Luv ya blue forever baby!
well your a tack fan so -negative points from me, HOWEVER you are a Bob & Dave fan so that makes you ok in my book.

Mr. Show = Greatest Show in History of Mankind

as for your apologist attitude towards Bud, I agree with some of it but at the end of the day, he left because he was a greedy bastard and he took the uniforms and name with him which was punkarse. Bud is fat. /discuss.
Old 10-26-2007   #25
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Double Barrel is a good guy ,he just pulled the trigger because your a new titan fan here IMO.

One of the best things about this site is one of the moderators Vinny. He's lived in Tennessee & while he's a 100% Texans fan he doesn't have an ounce of homerism in him.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #26
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's no place I'd rather "mispell"

well, I guess with the possible exception pf Pittsbergh

Geeez, tell me about. I was trying to be honest about where I'm coming from and the guy jumps down my throat. I said I realized evrything I was saying was simply my perspective and that I was aware they had a different one yet Double Barrell flips the ***** switch. Oh well, it's good to know that when indeed I do decide to do a little trolling guys like DB will be an easy mark.

You aren't as good of a liar as you think. Your intentions weren't at all innocent. Just like a good troll, you came in with an agenda, and are sticking to it.

You - Bring up a subject you know we will respond to negatively.

Us - Respond

You - Criticize us for responding and then continue with the snide remarks.

Us - Call you out for being the troll you are.

You - Continue to play the victim and gain power by our replies.

Us - Fuel the troll or walk away.

I walk away.
Old 10-26-2007   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again I don't want this to turn into a thread debating who's to blame for the Oilers' departure. But as a fan from a far, rightly or wrongly I've always placed part of the blame on the fans in Houston for failing to appreciate the Oilers fully while they were there.
Then you have no idea how it felt to have your team ripped out of your life. To you, they just moved. They were still your team but shabbily treated. To me and other fans from Houston, it was a gaping wound. You have absolutely no idea how badly that hurt.

So, go ahead and hate the Texans because they aren't the Oilers. And go ahead and tell me that I'm the reason. That's OK because I blame you for global warming and you're a dillweed because of it. I'm pretty sure you had something to do with the fires in San Diego, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2007   #28
titanbuoy
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 titanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
You aren't as good of a liar as you think. Your intentions weren't at all innocent. Just like a good troll, you came in with an agenda, and are sticking to it.

You - Bring up a subject you know we will respond to negatively.

Us - Respond

You - Criticize us for responding and then continue with the snide remarks.

Us - Call you out for being the troll you are.

You - Continue to play the victim and gain power by our replies.

Us - Fuel the troll or walk away.

I walk away.
I think my OP was very tame. What was I supposed to do? Come in here, pucker up and kiss butt. Any perceived troll like statements were direct responses to comments by your fellow "members".

Almost my entire OP was filled with my recollections of the Oilers' days (recollections I foolishly thought we might share). Or is simply mentioning the Oilers considered a trolling maneuver. If that's the case, I guess I'm guilty as charged. But if you still claim to be fans of the Oilers, you probably shouldn't let your panties get in a bunch at the mere mention of them.
Old 10-26-2007   #29
titanbuoy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
did you start the thread in the smack section or did you start it in the NFL section? This is the "smack" area btw
Wasn't aware that the rivalry section was purely the smack section. Just thought this was where rival fans should post regardless of content. Thanks for pointing that out. Considering that's the case, I'm sure the location of my post was a contributing factor in eliciting the type of reaction it did.
Old 10-26-2007   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Making a snide remark in your first post after you said you wouldn't in your first post wasn't a good move, either.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #31
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
I think my OP was very tame. What was I supposed to do? Come in here, pucker up and kiss butt. Any perceived troll like statements were direct responses to comments by your fellow "members".

Almost my entire OP was filled with my recollections of the Oilers' days (recollections I foolishly thought we might share). Or is simply mentioning the Oilers considered a trolling maneuver. If that's the case, I guess I'm guilty as charged. But if you still claim to be fans of the Oilers, you probably shouldn't let your panties get in a bunch at the mere mention of them.
i hear ya but for a Titan fan to come to a Texan board and not expect a little guff would be pure idiocy. Yeah, yeah, we loved the Oilers too and we were emotionally attached to the team at a level not yet reached by the Texans franchise, but the Oilers wizzed in our cornflakes year after year....and then the owner wants a new stadium with taxpayer money, wants total control of concessions, and no tailgating. He let Lanier run him out of town because of his own inability to negotiate in good faith. Lanier was as much to blame as Bud but Bud could have actually negotiated face to face and not through PR events with JVille and Tennessee trying to force Lanier's hand.

At the end of the day, the Houston fans lost a little but stand to gain quite a bit with new ownership and new franchise. McNair has come out of the gate slow and really blew it with the whole David Carr love affair, but he will still end up a more positively reviewed owner than Bud ever was. Earl Campbell and Mike Holovak are the guys that deserve the credit for the 2 eras of quality Oiler football in the late 70s and late 80s-early 90s respectively. All Bud did was sign checks and be fat.
Old 10-26-2007   #32
titanbuoy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
well your a tack fan so -negative points from me, HOWEVER you are a Bob & Dave fan so that makes you ok in my book.

Mr. Show = Greatest Show in History of Mankind

as for your apologist attitude towards Bud, I agree with some of it but at the end of the day, he left because he was a greedy bastard and he took the uniforms and name with him which was punkarse. Bud is fat. /discuss.
You my friend have great taste in comedy. I just finished watching the first season of The Sarah Silverman Program. Damn, it was great to see all of those familiar faces again. Granted it's not of the quality of Mr. Show, but it still made me chuckle mightily at times. Jay Johnston is still the same scene stealing goofball as ever. Just as with the Mr Show DVD's the commentary tracks were hilarious (again Jay at his goofy best).

Bud is greedy. Name me an NFL owner who isn't.

And remember "A lot of people think a lot of things about Hawaii"
Old 10-26-2007   #33
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You my friend have great taste in comedy. I just finished watching the first season of The Sarah Silverman Program. Damn, it was great to see all of those familiar faces again. Granted it's not of the quality of Mr. Show, but it still made me chuckle mightily at times. Jay Johnston is still the same scene stealing goofball as ever. Just as with the Mr Show DVD's the commentary tracks were hilarious (again Jay at his goofy best).

Bud is greedy. Name me an NFL owner who isn't.

And remember "A lot of people think a lot of things about Hawaii"
fyi - B&D have a series in the works for HBO. looks to be more sitcom-ish parody than sketch show supposedly.

but yeah the Sarah show is great and chock full of Mr.Show alumni.

make sure since you liked Mr.Show that you check out these shows too:
Wonder Showzen, Upright Citizens Brigade, Tom Goes To The Mayor/Tim & Eric's Great Show, and check YouTube for clips of Bob's FOX sketch show pilot from a few years ago called 'NEXT!'. The Pranksville USA sketch is uber.

back to football, Bud is still fat and the Titans will always be 'one yard short'.

if anyone can break the curse it would be VY, but I dont even think he can do it. i think its unbreakable.
Old 10-26-2007   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Blaming the fans in Houston for the Oilers leaving, even partly, and you wonder why you are met with any discourse? I thought Canada had an excellent education sytem, it is either they do not or you did not partake in it.

The Oilers are dead, you can remember the Oilers fondly without being a fan. We are fans of the Houston Texans, PERIOD!!

Old 10-26-2007   #35
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Blaming the fans in Houston for the Oilers leaving, even partly, and you wonder why you are met with any discourse? I thought Canada had an excellent education sytem, it is either they do not or you did not partake in it.

The Oilers are dead, you can remember the Oilers fondly without being a fan. We are fans of the Houston Texans, PERIOD!!

yup, you can't be a fan of something that doesnt exist anymore. once they moved, the Houston Oilers were no more.

we all WERE fans of the Houston Oilers and we loved that team but once they left Houston they were essentially dead to 95% of the fanbase. They probably gained a 5% surge when they drafted VY but that will go away as well. The Texans are here to stay and I think the Texans will see a Super Bowl before the Titans get another sniff of one. Youngest team in the league and still being competitive on a weekly basis. Things should turn around here soon, if not by the end of the year.
Old 10-26-2007   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's not a trolling manuever, but be careful how you tread - is my advice. There are many, many passionate Oiler fans here (me included), so if you come - come correct!!

I will give you the benefit of the doubt though, because a little birdy (named Childress) told me that you were alright...
Old 10-26-2007   #37
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It's not a trolling manuever, but be careful how you tread - is my advice. There are many, many passionate Oiler fans here (me included), so if you come - come correct!!

I will give you the benefit of the doubt though, because a little birdy (named Childress) told me that you were alright...
did he call you on the Lawrence Marshall CLOBBER LINE!!??
Old 10-26-2007   #38
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I always give Bill trade prices
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NICE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
I always give Bill trade prices
You keep trying to rip me off!!!
Old 10-26-2007   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They may have been how you remembered it, but you kinda just ran with some myths...and while it's a new subject to you (here), we have rehashed this for half a decade...endlessly. So, pardon us if it's like....gotten on our nerves.

The Oilers sold out for 7 straight years before Bud announced he would pull the plug. A decade earlier he threatened us with Jacksonville if the Dome wasn't redone...it's not like the fans didn't support the team like you were asserting. Once we knew the Oilers were toast in this town did you really expect us to fill the stadium? DB is right about how we are still paying for Bud's demands. The Oilers are gone but the taxpayers are still footing the bill that the Oiler fans from over yonder never had to pony up for.

Also, this area is the smack zone...so most stuff in here is kinda assumed to be smack...so take that fwiw.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read