Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-25-2007   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gado gets picked up by Dolphins

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Quote:
Running back Samkon Gado, released Tuesday by the Houston Texans, told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday he has been claimed on waivers by the Miami Dolphins.

"It means a lot," Gado said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "In our profession what a player wants to know the most is, does he have value to a team. So being picked up on waivers rather than becoming a free agent is a big deal."

Though he's happy with being picked up, Gado still regrets leaving the Texans.

"I have mixed emotions because everything happened so fast," Gado said. "This is very difficult. I really felt I could have helped the team and coach (Gary) Kubiak. I really bought into his vision."

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #2
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gado gets picked up by Dolphins

"This is very difficult. I really felt I could have helped the team..."

No kidding. We're really going to miss that 1 or 2 yards per carry.

I really shouldn't be so crass, I suppose. His MCAT story was some good press for the organization back in training camp. So God bless, Samkon, and I hope you do well in the medical field.

Sorry Kastofna, that offense continues to look progressively more and more lame....
Old 10-25-2007   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for him. These NFL checks have to be going a long way towards paying for his medical school.
Old 10-25-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm so giddy about this signing.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i'm so giddy about this signing.
From Ronnie Brown to Samkon Gado.

Ouch.

I really meant it when I said "sorry."
Old 10-25-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

well, Gado is a backup. Chatman will start and get most of the carries.
Old 10-25-2007   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Just for kicks and giggles, let's play What If.

What if Gado gets in a couple games due to whatever, and has a couple big 100+ yard games like he did for GB a couple years ago?

I'm not a Gado fan, just thinking aloud.
Old 10-26-2007   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Just for kicks and giggles, let's play What If.

What if Gado gets in a couple games due to whatever, and has a couple big 100+ yard games like he did for GB a couple years ago?

I'm not a Gado fan, just thinking aloud.
That would tell us something about something, that's for sure. If it happens we can have a lively debate.
Old 10-26-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

it'd be a lot like Phillip Buchanon, who's really awesome with the Bucs.
Old 10-26-2007   #10
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Did Gado really ever get a break with the Texans O-line?

I know ... I know run protection vs passs protection are two differnt things but your line sucks across the board. It is getting better but last weak Shammy was a tackling dummy ...

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it'd be a lot like Phillip Buchanon, who's really awesome with the Bucs.
It's all about the system, I was a huge P-Buc advocate while he was here, he just didn't suit the system in my opinion.

Gado might find he is the perfect fit down in Miami, it would surprise the heck out of me but it could happen.
Old 10-26-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Buchanon doesn't fit the Bucs system, need to be able to cover well and tackle well. well, he didn't fit that before, but now he looks perfect.
Old 10-26-2007   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
well, Gado is a backup. Chatman will start and get most of the carries.
Understood.

My comment was shorthand for how frustrating this season must be for you guys.

On paper you guys went into the season with a new offensive-minded HC, a heady veteran QB who might be productive if you could protect him, a good RB, some decent WR's, and an aging but productive defense.

I don't think anyone was thinking playoffs [cue footage of Jim Mora's playoff rant], especially not in the AFC, but maybe a "not-terrible" season was on the horizon.

Well, Trent Green goes down like a rag doll in Reliant. Ronnie Brown (who was having a monster season) blows out his knee in a big loss to the Evil Empire. Chambers gets traded. Zach Thomas is missing games by getting his bell rung. Jason Taylor is starting to show some signs of age and the whole package is sitting at 0-7.

Next thing you know you've got Cleo Lemon (who's not done too badly, heck, I'd EASILY take him over Tarvaris Jackson) and Jesse Chatman with Samkon Gado backing him up.

My statements were less snickering at getting Samkon Gado and more about how frustrating it must be to be at week 8 in the season and hoping that the Rams might win a game so you can draft Glenn Dorsey. That must absolutely suck.

What sucks worse is I can relate....
Old 10-26-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

well i didn't realistically expect much, with all the rookies on offense that we'll be seeing soon (Beck, Ginn, Booker, Satele, Mormino, and other young guys in Alabi, Toledo), so the future is bright for the offense. defense? not so much. Jason Allen is a bust, he's awful, he never sees the field and when he does he's terrible, and any recent defensive pick isn't panning out so well. Channing Crowder is just a body. Matt Roth is the exception, he's pretty good.

looking forward to seeing the offense progress with Cameron, it's already a lot better than the past 4-5 years.

also, Zach Thomas will miss the London game because of a whiplash he had in a car crash after the Patriots game. great. go rams.
Old 10-26-2007   #15
smokeshow
Rookie

Default Dolphins scoop Gado

But he cant go to London with the team because he doesnt have time to get a VISA
smokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Dolphins scoop Gado

greeattt.
Old 10-26-2007   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dolphins scoop Gado

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
But he cant go to London with the team because he doesnt have time to get a VISA
Since when do you need a VISA to go to London? Passports can be obtained in 24 hours.
Old 10-26-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they need a work visa?
Old 10-26-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

maybe it's just Cameron's excuse to leave him in Miami.
Old 10-26-2007   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Roth is the exception, he's pretty good.
I think he is damn good. Like I said before I think ya'll could use another D lineman to replace Jason Taylor and complement Matt Roth. Cause Roth is a beast IMO.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read