Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2007   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Demeco on Point After

Didn't see a thread going...

He says it took a few minutes to get over that loss to the Titans. Very emotional game and a tough loss. But now, they're over it and preparing for San Diego.

Can a loss be a turning point: It depends on the effort that the team put out. He thinks that you can learn something in a loss that can turn around the season and kick off more success.

Lesson learned last week: They learned that the game isn't over until the clock is 0:00.

Impact of Schaub: He's had a big impact on the entire team. He's fun in the locker room and he's great on the field for them with his coolness. And he's a great leader.

San Diego: Expecting the Texans to come out and play well regardless. Knows that SD is going to be ready to play.

SD's Players: They have pro-bowl players all around and you can't just concentrate on stopping one guy because someone else will have a big day.

AFC South: 4 great teams playing great defense. All 4 teams are going to bring it every week and all the teams are hungry.

This Defense and its youth: Thinks they've grown a lot from last year and that it just takes some more time for them to grow together. That they need to be more consistent.

Ankle: Ankle is feeling good and he's ready to roll.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demeco on Point After

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

He says it took a few minutes to get over that loss to the Titans. Very emotional game and a tough loss. But now, they're over it and preparing for San Diego.

Can a loss be a turning point: It depends on the effort that the team put out. He thinks that you can learn something in a loss that can turn around the season and kick off more success.

Lesson learned last week: They learned that the game isn't over until the clock is 0:00.

Impact of Schaub: He's had a big impact on the entire team. He's fun in the locker room and he's great on the field for them with his coolness. And he's a great leader.

San Diego: Expecting the Texans to come out and play well regardless. Knows that SD is going to be ready to play.

SD's Players: They have pro-bowl players all around and you can't just concentrate on stopping one guy because someone else will have a big day.

AFC South: 4 great teams playing great defense. All 4 teams are going to bring it every week and all the teams are hungry.

This Defense and its youth: Thinks they've grown a lot from last year and that it just takes some more time for them to grow together. That they need to be more consistent.

Ankle: Ankle is feeling good and he's ready to roll.
THANKS!! Can you check the schedule and see when they will show it again.
Old 10-25-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't see this Point After showing again. But they recycle pieces so it's probably going to be run again in the NFL Total Access at 6:00 and 9:00.
Old 10-25-2007   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Not until tomorrow and it will probably be a new one.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco is a great interview. He's short and sweet with his points, with no fluff. I think he'd be a great 'face of the franchise' in the coming years. Playmakers like him are worth their weight in gold to a team.

I can vividly remember his sack/forced fumble/recover/TD from last game. That has to be a play they highlight over and over at Reliant. Just a beautiful moment in sports.
Old 10-25-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see this Point After showing again. But they recycle pieces so it's probably going to be run again in the NFL Total Access at 6:00 and 9:00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Not until tomorrow and it will probably be a new one.
DOH!!!
Thanks... One of these days I'm gonna have to get a DVR
Old 10-25-2007   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, ankle is ready to roll. Nice one Demeco
Old 10-25-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I can vividly remember his sack/forced fumble/recover/TD from last game. That has to be a play they highlight over and over at Reliant. Just a beautiful moment in sports.
Identical to the Jamie Sharper/Kerry Collins (Raiders-same endzone) play that happened 3 years ago.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He says it took a few minutes to get over that loss to the Titans.

ONLY A FEW MINUTES????????!!!!!! Just proves to me what I have felt for a LONG time. Our players could care LESS about the fans, and how we feel!! Every player on that team should have known how much that game meant to the fans, esp after last year!!! It damn sure has taken me longer than a FEW minutes to get over it!!! To reward the fans, they go out and play like crap for over three quarters, lose to the team that has hurt us emotionally more than any other team, and then it only takes a FEW ****** minutes to get over it!!! Sorry board members, that pisses me off!! Blast me all you want, but, I thought more of Demeco than that.

I don't want them to get over it in a FEW MINUTES!! I want them to feel the pain and agony of all their diehard fans, take that pain with them to every damn ballgame between now and next year!! Fight like crazy for every fan who has stood by them for almost six years!! Have some fire in their pants for an ENTIRE game, believe in themselves as much as we believe in them!! Think I'll shut up now, before I really get on a roll!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
ONLY A FEW MINUTES????????!!!!!! Just proves to me what I have felt for a LONG time. Our players could care LESS about the fans, and how we feel!! Every player on that team should have known how much that game meant to the fans, esp after last year!!! It damn sure has taken me longer than a FEW minutes to get over it!!! To reward the fans, they go out and play like crap for over three quarters, lose to the team that has hurt us emotionally more than any other team, and then it only takes a FEW ****** minutes to get over it!!! Sorry board members, that pisses me off!! Blast me all you want, but, I thought more of Demeco than that.

I don't want them to get over it in a FEW MINUTES!! I want them to feel the pain and agony of all their diehard fans, take that pain with them to every damn ballgame between now and next year!! Fight like crazy for every fan who has stood by them for almost six years!! Have some fire in their pants for an ENTIRE game, believe in themselves as much as we believe in them!! Think I'll shut up now, before I really get on a roll!!

The interviewer said "it must have taken a few minutes to get over that loss" and DeMeco kind of chuckled and said "yeah, it took a few minutes, but we're over it now and getting ready to play the Chargers." (paraphrasing, but pretty close to what he said)

They were basically saying "it took a while"...

It didn't really come across right in the original post... DeMeco wasn't making light of it, or minimizing it in any way, IMO.

Good rant, though...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #11
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

SheTexan smash! SheTexan angry! Okay...I don't think that works as well with She Hulk as it does with Hulk...sigh.

MichaelM's post makes it look a bit better in context -- it didn't really take a couple minutes, it was just sarcasm. Losses like that have got to make you sick in the gut if you're a gamer like Ryans.

I have a slight womanly man-crush on Demeco.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #12
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Did you see those guys after the kick was good by Bironas? Slowly getting up, moping around, just deflated.

You can learn from this loss, much more than you can learn from winning that game. Fisher said "Its better to learn and win than learn and lose." I don't agree with that. I think in general you really get something once the mistake is made and you pay the price for that mistake.

I think this team is doing a lot of learning this year.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #13
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco is very well spoken (or I may just be used to VY). Hes going to be a great player for you guys.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
SheTexan smash! SheTexan angry! Okay...I don't think that works as well with She Hulk as it does with Hulk...sigh.
Sorry, I don't get your point!

Demeco is just about my fav player, so to think he could blow off a game like that so quick was disappointing to me. I agree with Michalem take on it though. I didn't watch the program, so it's easy to take something out of context. I still don't think our players should blow off a loss like that so easily. They need to have more passion and fire in their gut, let a loss like that motivate them into the next week. Heck, I've been ticked off for a year!! If I was a Texan football player, I would have gone on that field ready to take out some Tennheads, not sit on my as* and let them make a fool of me ONCE again!! BUT, I truly think the "fools" were walking the sideline! JMO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #15
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Demeco is just about my fav player, so to think he could blow off a game like that so quick was disappointing to me. I agree with Michalem take on it though. I didn't watch the program, so it's easy to take something out of context. I still don't think our players should blow off a loss like that so easily. They need to have more passion and fire in their gut, let a loss like that motivate them into the next week. Heck, I've been ticked off for a year!! If I was a Texan football player, I would have gone on that field ready to take out some Tennheads, not sit on my as* and let them make a fool of me ONCE again!! BUT, I truly think the "fools" were walking the sideline! JMO
I think it can work both ways, it just depends on what type of player you are.

Guys like Demeco, he probably would move on, study the next team get to work and ready to get the job done. Its like a thing where you just worry about who you play next, instead of what happened the last game. I'm kinda sure Andre would have said the same thing instead he wouldn't have laughed, and his facial expression wouldn't change at all for the whole interview. He's a robot though, I am pretty sure of it.

But some players who are more emotional, like a Steve Smith, DRob, Ray Lewis...they don't like to lose games like that and they take it seriously.

But I think if they get in a similar situation, in the back of thier minds this loss will play out. Whether its a bad thing or good thing who knows. One guy could be like "Uh-Oh its going to happen again." and another "We better not let this crap happen again."
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #16
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I kinda went a long way with this one. SheTexan reminded me of the name She Hulk, who is the Hulk's cousin (I think) and the Hulk says "Hulk smash!"

A long cognitive leap.

I don't think Demeco is the kind of guy that would be that flippant about a loss. He just played along with the interviewer. I bought a Demeco jersey this offseason because I wanted to pick the jersey of a gamer who would be with this team for years to come...Demeco is the man!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #17
dalonestartitan
Rookie

I really think we can build off of last week. We may have lost, but we played with heart. A lot of teams would have quit being down by so much. And to think, they needed a comeback to beat us.

Sage showed what he could do, just in case Matt has any lingering problems. Maybe Im just well wishing, but a lot of positives can be taken from last weeks loss.
dalonestartitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #18
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Did you see those guys after the kick was good by Bironas? Slowly getting up, moping around, just deflated.

You can learn from this loss, much more than you can learn from winning that game. Fisher said "Its better to learn and win than learn and lose." I don't agree with that. I think in general you really get something once the mistake is made and you pay the price for that mistake.

I think this team is doing a lot of learning this year.
You are absolutlely 100% Correct. It's a learning year... be patient.....good things are on the horizon.
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

it seems like every interview with a texans roster member includes one question about matt schaub and his impact.
Old 10-26-2007   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

The video from this is on the main site, now, I believe.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read