Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2007   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 248646 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Something completely different

This is a thread for positive thoughts only. I know just about 100% of us are fairly aggravated right now, but letís push that aside for this thread.

We are only a running back and a few O linemen away from having a hell of a kick ass offense. One that will dominate defenses in the NFL for years to come. The Patriots and Colts are in the twilight of their dominance. They will still kick some serious butt for a while, but we are younger, getting better, and will take over their mantle when they slide.

Our defense has further to go, but when our D-line reaches its potential and we plug a few holes in the secondary, our defense and offense will become exceptional at pretty much the same time period (in a few years) and then it will be our time. Our time.

And no, I will not share what Iím smoking with you.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #2
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something completely different

I feel the same way. While these losses are TOUGH, it's hard not to be optimistic about what this team could be. I don't see the point in a lot of the knee-jerk sky-is-falling "OMG I just watched the Texans lose 2 minutes ago and I now must post my opinions about the game, an opinion that will be colored greatly by raw emotions" reactions that sometimes are prevalent after a loss.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #3
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. I really feel that we are on the right track. We're gonna have a few set backs and a few disappointing losses. Games that we should have or could have won. But, we are definately headed in the right direction.
Old 10-24-2007   #4
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

We obviously made the right decision picking up Schaub, which was a big question mark entering the season. We're a top 5 passing offense right now and that puts us in elite company if we can keep it up.

Last edited by Fox; 10-24-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #5
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

While the losses are bad, I'm not depressed for days afterward as I have been in previous years. This year I can see that there will be brighter days ahead - it is just going to take some time, more patience from the fans, and a few more good players. We are close to being a for real, NFL playoff team.

Bum said a few weeks ago that it took three years for a Mario type person to reach his full potential - I'm holding him to that and hoping our D Line does grow up a lot toward the end of this year and next year. The potential is there - it is just young.

I believe.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #6
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe!

Okay, I also tend to do the post-game "THESE GUYS ARE KILLING ME!" posts, but that is mainly to keep from subjecting my wife and four-year-old to tirades about our o-line, play calling, etc.

I absolutely think these guys are on the right track. It's not perfect, but we've got some cornerstones to build on and that's more than we've been able to say in the past couple of years.

I think if we can score a handful of positions (LB, FS, C, LT, RB) and move some of those current starters to being depth guys... well, if we can do that then we'll be pretty dang solid. It's a lot better position we find ourselves in than last year when our shopping list was longer than my wife's Wal-Mart list and we had little room under the cap.

We're on the right track. I feel so much so, in fact, that I'm actually mad when we lose. I EXPECT to win every week which, again, is a nice feeling for a change.

And, hey, it could be worse! We could be Dolphins fans! Or even worse - Rams fans! They're just as bad record wise as the inept sea mammals and they don't even get the great weather!
Old 10-24-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just seeing how TJ has improved and they way he's playing with a passion gives me hope for our Defense. Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye are twice as talented as he is and once they develop in a few years and TJ has that much more experience our DL is going to be soooo good. Demeco is still going to be terrific and Dunta & Bennet should be a good CB duo.

Our defense is so young and on its way to being extremely good.

Matt Schaub is amazing. I can't wait till our OL becomes one cohesive unit and protects him/ blocks well for the running game. We'll have 1 or 2 good young backs by then and AJ/Jacoby Jones are going to be sweet.

I like Kubiak a lot and Rick Smith is going to do a hell of a job in the drafts we have and free agency....the Texans are going to be "kind of a big deal" in a few years.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2007   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Better days are coming. Keep the Faith.

I hate to say this but I see us putting our parts together like Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys. Hopefully we get the same/better results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #9
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Texan...I'll take the good, and the bad.

Every game's an opportunity to start the next great winning streak...and I'm optimistic that their soon on their way.

Old 10-24-2007   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thread...we need some positive karma on this board. I'm optimistic with our team and the direction we're going. Unfortunately, I'm not a patient person but I will take this progress and hope that it translates into more wins, which I'm sure this team is capable of. We just need a few more pieces to the puzzle to be consistent and even though the Texans lost this past Sunday, they were competitive, which is something we've never seen in the first 5 years. That alone gives me the most optimism.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Something completely different

I'm glad we're angry and feel like someone has peed in our cornflakes.

(yes, this is positive)

It means we have a GOOD team that gives us hope and is very capable of winning In the past, we were so bad we didn't care when we lost. we've come a long way, baby!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #12
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I managed to positive rep everyone up to TA before I ran out. This is my kind of thread.
Old 10-24-2007   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are absolutly better and moving towards a dominating team. However, that is probably 2 years away with next year being a possible playoff team.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
We are absolutly better and moving towards a dominating team. However, that is probably 2 years away with next year being a possible playoff team.
NOT what TheRealJoker wants to hear.
Old 10-24-2007   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
When you think about how CC left the team , it's mind boggling that we're not a bottom 5 team .
Old 10-25-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

There are still a lot of games to play this season. Granted, every team we're going to play is going to be a tough game but if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we could still finish strong this year.

I really like the direction we're going in both on offense and on defense.

One thing that I saw on Sunday made me realize why we've been having problems in the red zone with Schaub. He's trying hard not to throw the types of interceptions he threw in the red zone in the first few games. With Sage, he was humming that ball into really, really tight spaces. And because of that, he was getting the TD's in the red zone but he was also more prone to getting picked off.

At least, that's what I saw. And as long as the past two games haven't shaken Schaub's confidence, we're going to be fine.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #17
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: Something completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
I agree. I really feel that we are on the right track. We're gonna have a few set backs and a few disappointing losses. Games that we should have or could have won. But, we are definately headed in the right direction.
I agree. I predicted 7-9 this year due to some heartbreaking losses. I just hope that we've seen the end of the heartbreakers & we'll win a few games we don't deserve (like Tennessee last year). Course I want us to win a couple of blowouts, too. But we are definitely going in the right direction
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

19-10, ********!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
I agree. I predicted 7-9 this year due to some heartbreaking losses. I just hope that we've seen the end of the heartbreakers & we'll win a few games we don't deserve (like Tennessee last year). Course I want us to win a couple of blowouts, too. But we are definitely going in the right direction
No Mass please. If we get throught the rest of the season with a QB intack, I'm taking that as a moral victory. Fill two of the five on the above list with draft picks and hit another two via free agency...we'll be prety close. Let's just take the rest of them one game at a time. No more bloody predictions of glory untill they actually play worth a damn. Or they can win three in a row.

Well unless your planning to take a five pound sledge hammer to Flanagan, or unless Sherman changes his mind, your hope is going into a very leaky vessel. Maybe the Aggies will take Sherman off our hands this off season.
Old 10-25-2007   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Well I managed to positive rep everyone up to TA before I ran out. This is my kind of thread.
I got ya covered from TexMexVato to brakos82.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read