Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-23-2007   #1
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler
Default Charger Game on TV Anywhere in Austin?

Am I missing something? Is the game not shown at all, anywhere since its the 3 o'clock game and goofy CBS doesn't have the double-header? I know about the fires and what not, but is it only radio for us Austin fans?
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charger Game on TV Anywhere in Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxlaurie View Post
Am I missing something? Is the game not shown at all, anywhere since its the 3 o'clock game and goofy CBS doesn't have the double-header? I know about the fires and what not, but is it only radio for us Austin fans?
Radio? Not in Austin. KEYE is probably showing the Titans game this weekend. The 3rd Base Sports Bar on 6th is the place to watch Texans football. They have a room dedicated to the Texans and it is a great place to watch football with other Texans fans.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Third Base is where all the Texans fans meet up to watch the games. Are you interested in attending? The guys and gals there would love to have more of you fans go.
Old 10-23-2007   #4
atxlaurie
Rookie

Right...I've done the Third Base thing twice...its a blast. But what I'm talking about is that CBS doesn't show that its showing any game at 3pm. It only has one game scheduled and thats the early game. Fox has the double-header.
Old 10-24-2007   #5
atxlaurie
Rookie

Ok...maybe you guys meant Third Base will have it anyway cuz they have satellite...I'm hoping that's the deal and if so, I'll be there.
Old 10-24-2007   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It only has one game scheduled and thats the early game. Fox has the double-header.
Yep, and that tells me that KEYE is opting to show the Titans this week. If not, there would be no early CBS game. Since FOX has the double header this week KEYE can only show one game. Since the guide is showing KEYE showing a game at Noon that tells us it's going to be the Titans on not the Texans. They'll probably keep it saying Teams TBA until the last minute to keep the heat off of them from Texans fans.
Old 10-24-2007   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Ok...maybe you guys meant Third Base will have it anyway cuz they have satellite...I'm hoping that's the deal and if so, I'll be there.
Yes, 3rd Base will have every game because they have NFL Sunday Ticket. I will have the Texans game on at my house because I have the Ticket too.
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2007   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys,

In what amounts to a SHOCK to me - KEYE is showing the Texans/Chargers this week - but they're showing the Patriots/Colts the following week instead of Texans/Raiders.

www.keyetv.com

Click the 'TV Listings' tab at the top.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's Gary Vinson (512) 490-2159. Direct line.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #10
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Hey guys,

In what amounts to a SHOCK to me - KEYE is showing the Texans/Chargers this week - but they're showing the Patriots/Colts the following week instead of Texans/Raiders.

www.keyetv.com

Click the 'TV Listings' tab at the top.
Why is it a shock? The Titans will play at noon and Texans are playing at 3:15pm(possibly changed to night game), they aren't competing against each other this week.

If they were at the same time then no doubt in my mind they would've chosen the Titans.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #11
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I just asked KEYE the question on what would happen if the game time changed (because they are currently scheduled to show the Texans)...this is the response I JUUUUST received.

"To all GM’s and PD’s at our CBS Affiliates in Texas

Due to the fires in Southern California, the NFL is still undecided on the time or venue for the Texans/Chargers game that is scheduled to be played in San Diego this Sunday. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the options include playing the game in Los Angeles, at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium -- the Cardinals' former home -- at Texas Stadium in Dallas or Reliant Stadium, the Texans' home field.

We will not know about the scheduling of this game until some time tomorrow….There’s a chance the game could be scheduled in the evening on Sunday or Monday….if that’s the case, then we will move all Texas stations to the Indianapolis/Carolina game at 12 noon on Sunday and you will not have a late game that day…."
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Why is it a shock? The Titans will play at noon and Texans are playing at 3:15pm(possibly changed to night game), they aren't competing against each other this week.

If they were at the same time then no doubt in my mind they would've chosen the Titans.
Because they ARE competing against each other. CBS does not have the doubleheader this week so they can only choose one game to televise on Sunday.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #13
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Yep, and that tells me that KEYE is opting to show the Titans this week. If not, there would be no early CBS game. Since FOX has the double header this week KEYE can only show one game. Since the guide is showing KEYE showing a game at Noon that tells us it's going to be the Titans on not the Texans. They'll probably keep it saying Teams TBA until the last minute to keep the heat off of them from Texans fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Because they ARE competing against each other. CBS does not have the doubleheader this week so they can only choose one game to televise on Sunday.
My fault, forgot about that.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #14
atxlaurie
Rookie

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I guess we really won't know anything for sure until the fire thing gets straightened out. Either way Keye STILL SUCKS!
Old 10-25-2007   #15
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I guess we really won't know anything for sure until the fire thing gets straightened out. Either way Keye STILL SUCKS!
Either way I bet we can see the game at 3rd Base!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

KEYE is showing the Texans tomorrow. Is VY still out?
Old 10-27-2007   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
KEYE is showing the Texans tomorrow. Is VY still out?
At the moment he's listed as probable. I think he'll play.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read