Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2007   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Replay: Texans v Titans tonight at 9:30 pm CST

Are you scared to watch again? I ain't.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork
Old 10-23-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Replay: Texans v Titans tonight at 9:30 pm CST

I've already watched it again...and it was probably as bad or worse on TV than it was live...but I'm catching NFLreplay...it's a great concept.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I don't need to watch that again. I lived it first hand.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm too skeeerd
Old 10-23-2007   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've already watched it again...and it was probably as bad or worse on TV than it was live...but I'm catching NFLreplay...it's a great concept.
I watched the short cut edition of the game and it is bad in ADD vision as well. Maybe this rendition of the game will shed some light on our woes.

I agree it is a cool concept.

The more I think about last Sunday, while contributing to our redundant threads going on about redundant problems, the more I want to rub Flanagan's belly and wish for a Center in next year's draft.

That's right I said it. The belly.
Old 10-23-2007   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like how they stop and put excerpts from the participants explaining what they were doing or thinking at the time.

It may be hard to watch this without throwing up.
Old 10-23-2007   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

It may be hard to watch this without throwing up.

Yeah, I might go ahead and purge before hand just so I can watch it with some objectivity... on the other hand, I may not... I don't want to feel guilty the next time I wear my "I beat Anorexia" t-shirt...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2007   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

They should edit the ending, and make it look like we won.

I would watch it then.

You're a sicko if you WANT to watch us get beat like that again.

You're the type of person who tried to recruit me to watch "Faces of Death" back in the 90s. You're the person who challenges us to pee on a hot-wire fence.

Anyone who watches this, after seeing it the first time, is a sicko.

End of discussion.
Old 10-23-2007   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
They should edit the ending, and make it look like we won.

I would watch it then.

You're a sicko if you WANT to watch us get beat like that again.

You're the type of person who tried to recruit me to watch "Faces of Death" back in the 90s. You're the person who challenges us to pee on a hot-wire fence.

Anyone who watches this, after seeing it the first time, is a sicko.

End of discussion.
Haha, nice.

I may watch the fourth quarter. I was busy selling a 42 inch panasonic plasma (two, actually) when Sage decided to go wild.
Old 10-24-2007   #10
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I've already been told by a coworker that I disapointed her because I was not gung ho enough about the rest of the Texans season so I don't want to watch it again and REALLY put myself in a bad mood.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFL Replay: Texans v Titans tonight at 9:30 pm CST

It just came on, I turned it off. Though I bet I'll rewatch the original HD (or upsclaed) broadcast on my DVR before I delete it.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I already re-watched it from the DVR. I finished up last night about the time it aired on NFL Network. I do really enjoy the format of NFL Replay.....it's great.

Things I noticed on the second viewing that I couldn't see at the stadium or needed the benefit of replay.

1. The Jacoby fumble was a very close, (it look like the ball started coming out before he was down) definitely couldn't be overturned, not enough visual evidence....of course I was very mad during the game and thought he was down.

2. The first interception by the titan's db (can't remeber the name) he definitely cut off Walter's route and there was illegal contact before the ball got there. It was a bad no-call. (just as I thought live)

3. The flag against Faggins for pass interference in the endzone that led to the first tack touchdown was a bad call. They were barely hand fighting at all.....if the refs are not going to call that Walter was illegally contacted (as mentioned above) how can they call this? BE CONSISTENT REFS! (just as I thought live)

4. Our offense did nothing to help our D. The D was constantly having to defend a short field, and all though they gave up a lot of field goals, what else could they do on so many short fields and never getting a breather. I guess it all goes back to our lack of running game or inability to hold on to the ball and give the D some rest. We lost the field position battle big time.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 10-24-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really dig NFLReplay. It's cool to have a chance to watch all the other great games in a really compact formula. Then with the addition of interviews of the players/coaches about specific plays, you get into their heads and discover the method (or lack of) behind the madness.

I've seen last Sunday's game four times now (including attending). It's such a weird game, to be honest. Three quarters of being completely dominated capped by one quarter of a crazy comeback. If only we had the break for the last 57 seconds, this one would have gone down as a legendary one.
Old 10-24-2007   #14
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Are you scared to watch again? I ain't.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork
Kaiser I watched it again the day of the game. Hard thing to do, but I watched it again on NFL tickets shortcuts..only lasted 25 minutes, which wasn't as hard. Seeing Roydell Williams catch that ball right in front of us in person was really hard.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #15
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I Don't think I can watch the drama again.

I will watch though when we supposedly put White in at C(was it during the comeback?) and see how much things have changed.

I see the general feeling is that he should get his shot soon. I haven't seen him take too many snaps. I wasn't paying attention at the time too caught up in the moment that we were going to make some great comeback that would be showcased during the week and all year. I did see Green finally picking up yards...but the Jags probably played off in zones at the time and were caught by the run.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the Rockets game last night, but I kept peeking over to see the Texans.. I waited until the fourth quarter to actually watch it... Well, right up until that final TD, extra point and kick-off, at which point I switched back to the Rockets game - only to watch them lose in double OT (thank God its only pre-season)...
Old 10-24-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I watched the Rockets game last night, but I kept peeking over to see the Texans.. I waited until the fourth quarter to actually watch it... Well, right up until that final TD, extra point and kick-off, at which point I switched back to the Rockets game - only to watch them lose in double OT (thank God its only pre-season)...
Doesn't it really suck sometimes being a fan of Houston sports teams? Sometimes I just want to quit being a fan of the Stros, Rockets and Texans, but damnit I can't and it pisses me off. I freaking love sports. Living in Houston for my entire (soon to be)37 years the local teams have been engraved in my heart. Even though they've ripped my heart from my chest many times, they always find a way to repair it and place it back where it belongs.

Long live Houston sports organizations!!
Old 10-24-2007   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Doesn't it really suck sometimes being a fan of Houston sports teams? Sometimes I just want to quit being a fan of the Stros, Rockets and Texans, but damnit I can't and it pisses me off. I freaking love sports. Living in Houston for my entire (soon to be)37 years the local teams have been engraved in my heart. Even though they've ripped my heart from my chest many times, they always find a way to repair it and place it back where it belongs.

Long live Houston sports organizations!!
I watched the second Rockets Championship in a house near the old Richmond strip. One of the best moments ever for me was walking down Richmond avenue carrying a broom celebrating the Houston sweep. And everybody was on the street--young, old, every social and ethnic background, and everyone was high fiving each other and loving life.

No rioting in Houston because of HPD, but it was hot and it was June so there were a few nekkid people. I was not one of them.

It was hard to go to work the next tday.

Professional sports, unlike other sports really have the opportunity to bring a city together like nothing else. You don't need to be an alum.
Old 10-24-2007   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
It just came on, I turned it off. Though I bet I'll rewatch the original HD (or upsclaed) broadcast on my DVR before I delete it.
You should watch it when you get a chance...they often break down plays and get coaches POV's about what went on and they splice in interviews from the presser in between the plays they may be talking about and so on like DB states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I really dig NFLReplay. It's cool to have a chance to watch all the other great games in a really compact formula. Then with the addition of interviews of the players/coaches about specific plays, you get into their heads and discover the method (or lack of) behind the madness.

I've seen last Sunday's game four times now (including attending). It's such a weird game, to be honest. Three quarters of being completely dominated capped by one quarter of a crazy comeback. If only we had the break for the last 57 seconds, this one would have gone down as a legendary one.
It was easier to watch than the actual game...they cut out most of our no gain plays and the mind-numbingly bad offensive footage other than the turnovers (there were a lot so I guess it's all they could fit in).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I watched the second Rockets Championship in a house near the old Richmond strip. One of the best moments ever for me was walking down Richmond avenue carrying a broom celebrating the Houston sweep. And everybody was on the street--young, old, every social and ethnic background, and everyone was high fiving each other and loving life.

No rioting in Houston because of HPD, but it was hot and it was June so there were a few nekkid people. I was not one of them.

It was hard to go to work the next tday.

Professional sports, unlike other sports really have the opportunity to bring a city together like nothing else. You don't need to be an alum.
My wife and I were in Cozumel during that Championship series. I was amazed how many people showed up at a local hole in the wall sports bar. It was a great time and met some cool people while watching the final game.

It was a time I'll never forget that's for sure. Although later that night I found out I was allergic to lobster/crab.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read