Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2007   #61
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gado Waived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm sorry to say this but I think if he was any good "right now" he'd be starting for us.
I'd like to believe this, but past actions by this organization leave room for doubt. Sometimes it just seems the best player isn't on the field.

Quote:
I'm actually starting to wonder if Drew Hodgdon is still available. Sure he's as bad as Flannagan but he's younger. He might be getting beat regularly but at least it wouldn't be from exhaustion.
I've had similar thoughts on Hodgdon. He is just about as good as Flanagan at this point in their respective careers, and at least he has the possibility of improving. Flanagan is well on the way down with no reversal in sight. I'm not going to be surprised when Flanagan gets hurt one of these games, either.
Old 10-23-2007   #62
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry to say this but I think if he was any good "right now" he'd be starting for us. I'm actually starting to wonder if Drew Hodgdon is still available. Sure he's as bad as Flannagan but he's younger. He might be getting beat regularly but at least it wouldn't be from exhaustion.
Wow, you know its a dark day when you see that...
Old 10-23-2007   #63
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

list the RB's no longer Texans
  1. Jonathan Wells
  2. Domanick Davis
  3. Tony Hollings
  4. Stacey Mack
  5. Audie Norris
  6. Walli Lundy
  7. Vernand Morency
  8. Samkon Gado

all quite forgetable really, c'mon

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #64
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
does the opposite for me...it's depressing when the team can't see how worthless he is in camp and wait till halfway through the year to make a move.
hm... In games and trades I look to our coaches generate the sort of momentum or opportunity that we need to adapt and better ourselves. Although I too am sad (still) about the Morency trade, I'll go as far as to say that with Gado leaving, we LOOK as if we're changing and adapting to our needs. That is good, it resembles a pulse

Last edited by Malloy; 10-24-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #65
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
hm... In games and trades I look to our coaches generate the sort of momentum or opportunity that we need to adapt and better ourselves. Although I too am sad (still) about the Morency trade, I'll go as far as to say that with Gado leaving, we LOOK as if we're changing and adapting to our needs. That is good, it resembles a pulse
Except that the only reason Gado is leaving is because they needed to get another QB on the roster with Schaub questionable. Had Schaub not been injured, there is little doubt that the Texans would have kept the status quo.

Week after week the run game is getting stuffed. Week after week they don't make changes to the line, but remain committed to running the same tired running backs into the same brick wall.

That has about as much momentum in adapting as a rock sitting at the bottom of a hill.
Old 10-24-2007   #66
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
list the RB's no longer Texans
  1. Jonathan Wells
  2. Domanick Davis
  3. Tony Hollings
  4. Stacey Mack
  5. Audie Norris
  6. Walli Lundy
  7. Vernand Morency
  8. Samkon Gado

all quite forgetable really, c'mon

You forgot our very first rapper ever - James Allen. Thanks for the 519 yards in '02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #67
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You forgot our very first rapper ever - James Allen. Thanks for the 519 yards in '02.
Nobody calls him "James Allen" anymore. That's so 2002.

He's making as Mersilis these days.... or is he?
Old 10-24-2007   #68
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:

I sure hated the Morency deal when it happened and I sure hate it more now since we have absolutely nothing to show for it.
Old 10-24-2007   #69
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
We need the center and the rest of the Oline to get the running game on track. How can Mckinney be the wall and the others be this terrible.
I know...I really would like a O-line coach to explain that to me. Seriously. How can one guy make the entire line play that much better?
Old 10-24-2007   #70
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I've had similar thoughts on Hodgdon. He is just about as good as Flanagan at this point in their respective careers, and at least he has the possibility of improving. Flanagan is well on the way down with no reversal in sight. I'm not going to be surprised when Flanagan gets hurt one of these games, either.
FWIW, one week when I heard Salaam doing his radio show at some bar, someone mentioned that Drew Hodgdon was there. It was shortly after McKinney got hurt, so I was wondering if he would get a call.

So I am guessing he is still in town.

The Texans are so messed up in so many places that they really have challenges as to who to activate each week.
Old 10-24-2007   #71
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
Man, Morency looked good to me...

I'm not sure what some of you were watching...

When they made the trade I was dumfounded...
yup. it was a bonehead move...
Old 10-24-2007   #72
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nobody calls him "James Allen" anymore. That's so 2002.

He's making as Mersilis these days.... or is he?
You too can own Mersilis masterful no hit wonder creation for only $7.94; link. You'll love the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Except that the only reason Gado is leaving is because they needed to get another QB on the roster with Schaub questionable. Had Schaub not been injured, there is little doubt that the Texans would have kept the status quo.
Except, I thought we added a running back to the Roster to replace Gado. The QB was added to the practice squad, which means if we need a QB, chances are it won't be him... we'll give 'ole plummer a ring more than likely.

Quote:
Week after week the run game is getting stuffed. Week after week they don't make changes to the line, but remain committed to running the same tired running backs into the same brick wall.

That has about as much momentum in adapting as a rock sitting at the bottom of a hill.
I believe it's been turnovers that has been stiffling our offense. sure, it's been three yards and a cloud of dust for the most part, but it's not like we aren't moving the ball.

We're not going 3 & out an abnormally high amount of possesions.... we're lucky, if we can get to third down.
Old 10-24-2007   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
yup. it was a bonehead move...
I'm still not seeing that.

Morency has been on our injured list for the majority of his time as a Texan.

Now he's been on the Packers Injured list.

Whether he was here, or there, he wasn't going to be on the field.

Besides, he wasn't Nigerian.
Old 10-24-2007   #75
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
FWIW, one week when I heard Salaam doing his radio show at some bar, someone mentioned that Drew Hodgdon was there. It was shortly after McKinney got hurt, so I was wondering if he would get a call.

So I am guessing he is still in town.

The Texans are so messed up in so many places that they really have challenges as to who to activate each week.

Sounds good.....I'll take anything right about now. Any potential 'C's coming out in the draft that could fall to the third round? Maybe that's the answer if White still isn't ready?
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #76
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry, I may have missed the entire thing then. I was under the impression that we added a RB too...
Old 10-24-2007   #77
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry, I may have missed the entire thing then. I was under the impression that we added a RB too...
They brought up ole Echamandoualknaknnaadou from the practice squad.

Okay, so that's not his real last name.... but its close.

Just looked it up again. Joe Echemandu.
Old 10-24-2007   #78
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Consider this: Hodgdon (and other lineman) were judged on their ability to protect David Carr. Was that a fair test? Careers where certainly hindered for the sake of holding Carr blameless.

Also, most of them didn't get three years of starting every game to "develop", but they weren't making millions either.
Old 10-24-2007   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Joe Echemandu.
Gesundheit.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read