Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2007   #21
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gado Waived

Darn, how are we going to get that 3 yards/gm back
Old 10-23-2007   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I heard what he said too. It sounded like Kubiak like Echo a little more because he knew that he could contribute to Special Teams. He added that he thought Walker could as well, but Echo had experience on STs.
You know, as bad as our running game has been I cannot imagine why special teams ability would even remotely factor into the decision to bring another back in.

If a running back had a little wiggle and could get us up close to a 100 yards per game average I'd bring him in if it meant I had to play special teams with 10 men.
Old 10-23-2007   #23
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You don't have to be "the answer" to be a productive NFL player....something Gado didn't look remotely close to being.
First off, I'm not a Gado fan or a Morency fan just a Texans fan (and I'm not trying to imply that anybody else is anything else).

But both are #2 RBs at best, probably #3 RBs on most rosters (as Gado was on our's and as Morency would probably have been) I can't get twisted over the results of trade that swaps on for the other, espically when the money involved is fairly low. I think Morency was given his shot to impress the coaches and he failed, and the same can be said of Gado.

Both are just guys to me.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #24
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

I take this as a small glimmer of hope. Faint, but still a glimmer. I'll take any kind of change at this point. Heck, do SOMETHING even if it might be wrong... (There's a BR549 song in there somewhere)

I probably would have liked to have seen this done when Jameel Cook outrushed him, but hey, better late that never.
Old 10-23-2007   #25
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting tid-bit on Shane Boyd:

Quote:
solid athlete still learning to become a football player, Boyd was out of place at quarterback last season. Has the build and speed which lends one to believe he.ll be a running back, since possesses solid bal- carrying instincts. A developmental prospect that needs a lot of work yet a player that may offer big rewards for a team patient with him.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/65069.html

I wonder if Boyd will stick on the practice squad or if he is just Schuab insurance?
Old 10-23-2007   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I take this as a small glimmer of hope. Faint, but still a glimmer. I'll take any kind of change at this point. Heck, do SOMETHING even if it might be wrong... (There's a BR549 song in there somewhere)

I probably would have liked to have seen this done when Jameel Cook outrushed him, but hey, better late that never.
does the opposite for me...it's depressing when the team can't see how worthless he is in camp and wait till halfway through the year to make a move.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #27
real

You guys realize we saw Boyd play right?

He was with AZ.
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2007   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
does the opposite for me...it's depressing when the team can't see how worthless he is in camp and wait till halfway through the year to make a move.
We have guys who have been to six camps and there still here .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Interesting tid-bit on Shane Boyd:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/65069.html

I wonder if Boyd will stick on the practice squad or if he is just Schuab insurance?
I liked Boyd when I saw him play...he impressed me.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=487

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=456

Old 10-23-2007   #30
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could see that. I just know that what we're seeing right now from the RB's is pretty terrible and even though I think they moved too slow, I'm at least glad that they finally did something.

It's kinda like being in the car with someone who pharts, locks the windows, and turns on the heater. You hate them for doing it, but you can still be glad when they roll the window down.

That sums up how I feel about this...
Old 10-23-2007   #31
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
So do you think he stays or is he just here while Schaub is banged up?
Old 10-23-2007   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
So do you think he stays or is he just here while Schaub is banged up?
I like him as a long term QB prospect...he really has enormous potential....he's just raw. I donno what the Texans are thinking though.

Old 10-23-2007   #33
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
This shows what they think of Walker and Zabransky.....not very much. Walker got beat out by a guy who came in the middle of the season. ouch.
There is a lesson in here about high hopes. Many fans think players are great as soon as they are associated with the team. Realistically they aren't always "hidden gems".
Old 10-23-2007   #34
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unless I am missing something I think this also is linked to Scuab being dinged up. Boyd now takes a spot and Owen goes back a bit as emergency back up.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #35
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency is making contributions to a good, winning team. Gado couldn't get on the field for a bad, losing team. That's about all we need to know about that trade.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Unless I am missing something I think this also is linked to Scuab being dinged up. Boyd now takes a spot and Owen goes back a bit as emergency back up.
Boyd would make a better emergency QB than Daniels.

Old 10-23-2007   #37
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I don't think Morency would be the answer either.

I know nothing about the guy that they are bringing up to replace him, but I view this as a positive move. Whether this works out or not, you have to at least make moves to give other players a chance to show what they can do. Gado was never going to be a difference maker and wasn't even going to make the team next year, so it makes sense to put someone else out there to see what we have.

I hope the moves don't stop here. I know nothing about Chris White other than coaches quotes in the pre-season, but I would love for him to get a look at some serious playing time at center as well. I think he played some significant snaps at guard in the fourth quarter last week and did well. Bennett may still be very green, but I see no reason not to give him an opportunity to get more significant snaps at the other CB position. I think both Flanagan's and Faggins' play has been so poor, that we don't risk much by giving younger players some snaps.

Depending on how the next four or five games pan out, I think it makes sense to get Studdard, Frye and Diles all in the mix with significant play time in live action to see what we have. I don't think we should give up on the goal for a winning season, but as that benchmark becomes less of a possibility, you have to start thinking about the future of this franchise - as much as it stinks to say.

At the end of the day, we may learn that none of these guys are the answer, but at least we will have learned that this year instead of next year. As an alternative, maybe we get a glimpse of one or two guys that we can fit in as one of the missing peices to the puzzle, which will allow us to focus our efforts in the offseason and draft. Our hand was forced at WR, but I think getting some of these guys on the field showed us that this is not a need position for us any longer.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #38
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda looks like they're making Boyd into a QB slash RB.
Old 10-23-2007   #39
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is exactly how I feel. It's not like the guy was inconsistant or something...he never even showed flashes. I don't understand how he even got close to the field.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

Depending on how the next four or five games pan out, I think it makes sense to get Studdard, Frye and Diles all in the mix with significant play time in live action to see what we have. I don't think we should give up on the goal for a winning season, but as that benchmark becomes less of a possibility, you have to start thinking about the future of this franchise - as much as it stinks to say.

At the end of the day, we may learn that none of these guys are the answer, but at least we will have learned that this year instead of next year. As an alternative, maybe we get a glimpse of one or two guys that we can fit in as one of the missing peices to the puzzle, which will allow us to focus our efforts in the offseason and draft. Our hand was forced at WR, but I think getting some of these guys on the field showed us that this is not a need position for us any longer.
Diles backs up DeMeco...I think he is fine where he is. If the linemen don't practice as well as the starters I'm not in favor of playing them at the expense of sending our QB's to any more hospitals as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read