Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2007   #161
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Look, you talk of this like it a slam dunk.

It isn't.

Also, it could be embarrasing regarding the fan support.

In addition, I am sure there are some San Diego player and fans that could find better spot than Houston!

You are talking in absolutes.
lol... I AM??? And what exactly are you talking in? I am merely repeating what the Texans organization and the San Diego organizations are talking about. McNair has stated several times he thinks we could sell out in 3 days. The article I posted stated that the Chargers want to avoid a home game advantage by the Texans.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #162
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are one person.

I am season ticket holder since 2002 and live in LA. I get to go to about 2 home games a year and go to several road games. So, if you wanna question my intensity as a Texan fan, you are barking up the wrong tree. Maybe you spend more money... What does that mean anyway????

I have very nice seats, and sometimes I have a hard time giving them away!

Why are people going to be more exicted this game than any other regular season game considering how this team is playing? And the game is on short notice...
I have been a PSL holder since 2002. You want to say and have been saying that the fans in Houston would not show up to a game on a short notice, how in the hell do you know?? You come to only 2 games a year!! Just because you have had a hard time giving away your seats, you are going to base how the fans who live in this city are.

Maybe if you had better seats then you wouldn't have a problem giving your seats away, or maybe you need to give them to people who care about football. I have a friend who lives in another state who owns season tickets and can only make it to a couple of games a year. He has already sold his tickets to several games this year that he won't be able to make it to and made enough money to pay for his tickets next year and his seats are in the lower bowl between the 20's.

So that enough of that crap about fans not caring. If your trying to give tickets away during christmas or new years games and families are going out out of town, then I understand it being hard tp give them away.

Next time you have trouble giving your tickets away, send them to me and I will find a fan who can't pay the money to get in and I am sure they will have a great time!!!!!

Last edited by texanfan2002114; 10-24-2007 at 02:32 PM.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #163
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Say the game does come to Reliant. I wonder what they will do before the game. Will they have the usual Toro beating up on the opposing mascot, Show the bulls on the big screen running over chargers to AC/DC's thunderstruck, or introduce the Texans with the flames and smoke machinese like usual???

Or because its supposed to be the chargers home game, do y'all think they will leave that stuff out. And what about when the texans get a first down? Will they do the cheer, and the Pep Band? there is just a bunch of questions running through my mind about this.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #164
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
Say the game does come to Reliant. I wonder what they will do before the game. Will they have the usual Toro beating up on the opposing mascot, Show the bulls on the big screen running over chargers to AC/DC's thunderstruck, or introduce the Texans with the flames and smoke machinese like usual???

Or because its supposed to be the chargers home game, do y'all think they will leave that stuff out. And what about when the texans get a first down? Will they do the cheer, and the Pep Band? there is just a bunch of questions running through my mind about this.
Who cares... according to Hollywood Texan, no one is going to be there anyway.
Old 10-24-2007   #165
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad this situation doesn't involve the Padres... Cause I know John J. Moores would vote to move it to Houston in a heartbeat..
Old 10-24-2007   #166
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be for sure!
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #167
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post

They're all pretty good questions. I would say no to the introductions with smoke et al. The fans (if any showed up ) would do the "first down" thing on their own, but I doubt the announcer would prompt it..

In short, it would be like the Conference USA championship game at Robertson last season.. It was treated as a neutral site, althought the crowd was 99% Coogs fans...
Old 10-24-2007   #168
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

2:30 Wednesday, no decision yet?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #169
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
The league is cutting their own throat... Someone needs to make a decision and live with it... PERIOD, for the sake of both teams and fans..
Old 10-24-2007   #170
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Decisions up to the Mayor of SD... only noon thirty there. But yes, make a decision already!
Old 10-24-2007   #171
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Nice!!!

Anybody catch that Cy-Falls v. Cy-Fair game on ESPN2 last week.. Berry or Barry Stadium looks beautiful...
Actually I did watch some of it. I agree, that stadium is, by far, better than "The Rig". It was a good game too.
Old 10-24-2007   #172
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Decisions up to the Mayor of SD... only noon thirty there. But yes, make a decision already!
Bwah, umm, yes. Let's schedule a meeting to form a committee to review....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #173
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If that were true, I bet Joe could find someone to use them - I know I can find someone.. Heck, I'm sure a lot of people in Blue Crew could help unload them for you...
It is true!

Funny the things you doubt...

But the charity days are over...

Besides, I usually don't give things away to people unless they are a friend first. I like to be generous, but it is important for me to believe it is appreciated and respected.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #174
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
The league is cutting their own throat... Someone needs to make a decision and live with it... PERIOD, for the sake of both teams and fans..
it's no big deal to me, either I'll watch the Texans Monday in San Diego or I'll drive up to little d and watch them Sunday

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #175
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
I have been a PSL holder since 2002. You want to say and have been saying that the fans in Houston would not show up to a game on a short notice, how in the hell do you know?? You come to only 2 games a year!! Just because you have had a hard time giving away your seats, you are going to base how the fans who live in this city are.

Maybe if you had better seats then you wouldn't have a problem giving your seats away, or maybe you need to give them to people who care about football. I have a friend who lives in another state who owns season tickets and can only make it to a couple of games a year. He has already sold his tickets to several games this year that he won't be able to make it to and made enough money to pay for his tickets next year and his seats are in the lower bowl between the 20's.

So that enough of that crap about fans not caring. If your trying to give tickets away during christmas or new years games and families are going out out of town, then I understand it being hard tp give them away.

Next time you have trouble giving your tickets away, send them to me and I will find a fan who can't pay the money to get in and I am sure they will have a great time!!!!!
I have lived in Houston. It is just my opinion that this is not guarantee this game would be well received.

My seats are 3 rows from the field next to the Bull Pen and on the aisle.

Why would I give tickets away to you anyway? I don't even know you!

You have great way of asking for it. You called me crazy and question my loyalty as a Texan fan. Like I would want to give anything away to you...

No thank you...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #176
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wife just called them and they said they should hear something by 5pm and if its here in Houston, then season ticket holders would be able buy their tickets tomorrow and then the tickets would go on sale to the public friday morning.
Old 10-24-2007   #177
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan View Post
it's no big deal to me, either I'll watch the Texans Monday in San Diego or I'll drive up to little d and watch them Sunday
True... True.... But the location for adult beverages may be impacted.
Old 10-24-2007   #178
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
It is true!

Funny the things you doubt...

But the charity days are over...

Besides, I usually don't give things away to people unless they are a friend first. I like to be generous, but it is important for me to believe it is appreciated and respected.
I dont doubt.. I just suggested that maybe you had other avenues.

I wouldn't suggest you give them away for nothing.

I hear you with the appreciation and respect. I have a few people that wont be attending anymore games (at least on my tickets) for that very reason...
Old 10-24-2007   #179
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I have lived in Houston. It is just my opinion that this is not guarantee this game would be well received.

My seats are 3 rows from the field next to the Bull Pen and on the aisle.

Why would I give tickets away to you anyway? I don't even know you!

You have great way of asking for it. You called me crazy and question my loyalty as a Texan fan. Like I would want to give anything away to you...

No thank you...

Dude, I was being a smart a-s-s. I don't want your tickets but I don't want to hear you whine that you couldn't give your tickets away because you give them to friends, well then I guess you don't have a lot of friends if you are having trouble giving them away.
Old 10-24-2007   #180
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

According to sports radio 610, the game will be played either in Houston or Dallas. Both sites in AZ have been ruled out and San Diego is fixing to be ruled out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read