Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2007   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Turn the tables and are fans would be crying about losing a home game. It makes more sense to play it in LA where their fans are a short drive away.
Understood, I was having fun with our Chargers guest. Even Phoenix would make more sense than here.

In all seriousness though, my thoughts are with the folks who are affected by this and a football game is secondary in comparison (although in Texas, not by much).
Old 10-23-2007   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IMO, the game could be played on Uranus and the outcome would still be the same.
Leave the Titans out of this....
Old 10-23-2007   #63
Power Surge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Askeered??!?! No, seriously it would only be the third meeting between the two teams with one game previously at each place... Whats the big deal?! Just switch it up in two years when they play again... Reliant Stadium could be NFL game ready before anything in LA could be. Don't worry we'd let y'all wear your 'home' jerseys... I know that I heard, the Cardinals new Stadium would be ruled out because of a previous commitment, so the game would have to be at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.
its not that, look at our ticket prices, you might be able to buy a bathroom stall seat for about $150, lol nose bleeds are like $200 for the worst games, people have paid major money to see our team and the ticket prices have been rediculous since 2004. we have plenty of stadiums in southern california, hell... play it in staples center lol
Power Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
its not that, look at our ticket prices, you might be able to buy a bathroom stall seat for about $150, lol nose bleeds are like $200 for the worst games, people have paid major money to see our team and the ticket prices have been rediculous since 2004. we have plenty of stadiums in southern california, hell... play it in staples center lol
Just curious, although related; with those kind of ticket prices are y'all ever going to get a new stadium?? I know that Jack Murphy, errrr Qualcomm is the nicest of the old multi-purpose stadiums built in the '60's, but with the Padres getting their new digs, I thought the Chargers were working on getting a new stadium as well.... Whats the latest??
Old 10-23-2007   #65
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

200 for nose bleed must be California supply and demand, What do you expect when a man will buy a 2 bedroom 1600 square foot house for 1.2 million dollars. I feel for you Bolt heads but the price gauging in California is criminal.

Again I will say I hope the best for yall with the tragedy taking place right now. I would open my home to fans from there if the game was played here.
Old 10-23-2007   #66
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

i hope that its played in glendale so we can finally play on monday night because the way we are playing we will never earn the right.

and the l.a. coliseum is never good, its an awful place to watch football.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #67
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've canceled my flight. So, I'm not going now.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2007   #68
DadaCharge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Game will not be played in San Diego, Trust, i live here, its not gona happen, Game in Houston? thats crazy talk, maybe AZ... but Angels stadium or the LA Coliseum would be great...
Second that. Very minimal chance the game is played in San Diego. Rumor has it that an announcement will be made tomorrow (Wednesday).
DadaCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #69
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, the game isn't going to happen in San Diego this weekend.

I live and work in Hollywood, and you can see the smoke haze now.

It was clear blue skies earlier.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #70
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

According to rumors floating around City Hall today, the city has been contacted by the NFL as a possible site for the game. Due to the success the city has had in past emergencies. San Antonio is the most logical site in Texas that is a "neutral site". Also, it has the hotel capacity for any fans or family of the Chargers and it would be a draw for the local Texans fans and those from Houston.

I do not know how official these rumors are. People that I know at city hall , remebered that i was a Texans fan and thought I might be interested
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #71
DadaCharge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Yeah, the game isn't going to happen in San Diego this weekend.

I live and work in Hollywood, and you can see the smoke haze now.

It was clear blue skies earlier.
Just read that weather conditions are not expected to improve until Thursday which means a whole nother day of out of control fires to come Wednesday. This is by far the worst fire in California's history.
DadaCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #72
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I say play it at the Coliseum in LA.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #73
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
According to rumors floating around City Hall today, the city has been contacted by the NFL as a possible site for the game. Due to the success the city has had in past emergencies. San Antonio is the most logical site in Texas that is a "neutral site". Also, it has the hotel capacity for any fans or family of the Chargers and it would be a draw for the local Texans fans and those from Houston.

I do not know how official these rumors are. People that I know at city hall , remebered that i was a Texans fan and thought I might be interested
I doubt it. SA is going to spin this as another way to get an NFL team (like with New Orleans). There are always rumors like this.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #74
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

I don't know how they figure San Antonio is a neutral site, I guess there are more cowgirl fans(im not really sure), but any body in Houston that wants to go can surely make the trip.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #75
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I don't know how they figure San Antonio is a neutral site, I guess there are more cowgirl fans(im not really sure), but any body in Houston that wants to go can surely make the trip.
In terms of fan interest, anywhere outside of Houston proper is darn near nuetral. See the television coverage threads in the tailgate forum.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #76
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Maybe we could play in the Astrodome

Okay. Yeah right.

I wouldn't mind seeing them move the game to wherever the Raiders or Rams played when they were in LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #77
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I highly doubt it but it would be awesome for me. My school is like 5 min away from Alamodome.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #78
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sounds good to me, saves me some gas money. However, this obviously would screw the bolt fans pretty bad. But it would be sweet to see the Texans in the Alamodome.
Old 10-24-2007   #79
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

So I heard on the radio this morning now the two locations are:

Arizona
Reliant Stadium

Hmmm...
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #80
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chronicle headline reads:
Calif. fires may push Texans-Chargers to Houston

Then the first sentence reads:

Quote:
Although the University of Phoenix Stadium in suburban Glendale, Ariz., appears the most likely place for this weekend's game between the Texans and San Diego Chargers, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell created a stir at the league meetings on Tuesday when he mentioned San Diego, Los Angeles and "Texas" as possibilities.
Pause for a second while I show my continuing disgust for misleading headlines/articles by the Chronicle

Sorry for the interuption. You may continue the thread.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read