Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2007   #21
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTexanFan View Post
Hopefully not because I have tickets to the game. I'm flying back to Cali Sunday morning just to catch the game. Anyone else going to be there?

I will be there...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

10pm news, channel 11 and 13, reported that no definate plans have been made regarding the game. They mentioned a possible 3pm game, a Sunday night game, a Monday night game, and a possible move to Ariz. Covered all their options. They also said that LT and some of the coaches have homes that are being threatened. The Chargers have more important things to worry about than where they are going to play a football game.

Regardless of where, or when, they play, NOTHING takes the place of the hell those poor people are having to endure in Calif. My heart goes out to all of them, and I pray with all my heart those fires will get resolved without loss of life. In times like this, who really cares about a football game.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #23
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Sports Center after MNF tonite said no decision, but they did have Kubes on from his presser and he mentioned Sunday or Monday possibilities

I do wonder if there is ANY possibilty they move it to Reliant?
Anything going on there this Sunday/Monday?
Maybe somebody on the inside can tell us if the grass pallets are still down or have they cleared the field?
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #24
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would Sunday's game still be on TV?

If they do change the time of Texans vs. Chargers, will it still be shown? What happens? I want to see the game!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #25
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cardinals' stadium is booked this Sunday, so it won't be there.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe a Monday night game in Ariz.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #27
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The latest info is here

In a nutshell, the Chargers are flying to Phoenix today to use the Cardinal's practice facility - Arizona has a bye week. The NFL says it is too early to decide about the game but Sunday isn't feasible in Arizona.

I'd like to see it in Reliant myself, but I figure pigs will fly before that happens.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2007   #28
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

News this morning mentioned that it might be in Houston, I am getting my ticket now
Old 10-23-2007   #29
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

High of 74 on Sunday here in Houston so the roof will/could be open.

Move the game here Mr. Goodell!
Old 10-23-2007   #30
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
News this morning mentioned that it might be in Houston, I am getting my ticket now
I'd say very unlikely. Most of the attending fans would be from SoCal, so easier and shorter drive to Phoenix area than Houston. And more like a home-field advantage for the Chargers.
My biggest concern is TV coverage - any TV coverage. How fast can a local
station move to cover for the network if they decide not to cover a Sunday night or Monday night game for competitve reasons ? And are we sure a local station would even be interested ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #31
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
If the Texans-Chargers game is moved to Arizona, Houston coach Gary Kubiak said he heard it could be played Sunday night or Monday night. The Cardinals' stadium, located in Glendale, is scheduled to host a motorcycle show Friday through Sunday.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3074297
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #32
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

They did this a few years ago, and they probably don't wanna do it again.

According to the radio, the weather is suppose to really change today with regard to the wind, which should make the fires very containable by the evening and tomorrow.

They probably don't want to move to Monday Night because that will already compete against another game and possibly the Worlds Series.

I have a hunch it will stay where it is and at the same time unless these fires continue to burn through tomorrow.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #33
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTexanFan View Post
Hopefully not because I have tickets to the game. I'm flying back to Cali Sunday morning just to catch the game. Anyone else going to be there?
I'm flying to LA tomorrow and then my wife is flying in on Saturday and we're planning on going to the game with a co-worker of mine who's a Charger fan.

If they move it to Sun Devil Stadium, we might be able to make it. If they move it to Monday, we're screwed.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #34
DadaCharge
Rookie

Hey guys, Chargers fan in San Diego here. We know just as little over here as you do regarding the where abouts this game will be played. Our biggest concern is obviously the safety of everyone who is threatened by the fires here.

As far as the Chargers go, they do not want this game to played in Houston. It appears that Arizona is the prefered location if the game had to be moved, and the Chargers are already practicing there. The game could possibly be played in Sun Devil Stadium.

Like the articles read, it is still too early to tell where this game is going to be played. The fires down here have not peaked out yet and will continue to burn strong into today. It probably will not be until tomorrow when the containing process begins, and even that will take a couple days.

I drove past Qualcomm today where the sky was only filled with a light, smokey haze. It is the areas north and south of Qualcomm that are getting it bad. If the winds shift enough to blow smoke over Qualcomm, it would take a couple days for the air quality to improve well enough to host a game. It took roughly 2-3 days for the air to clear after the 2003 fires. More importantly, the evacuees may need to use the stadium for an extended stay. Reports say that moving people back to their homes will be a slow process and there is still much uncertainty as to how things will improve.

As you can see there are a lot of variable factors that will determine where this game will be played. Just thought I would chime in my 2 cents because I know if I were in your shoes, I'd like some insight where ever I could get it. Keep in mind, I'm no expert, just a local. Oh, and it's really nice to see people in this thread show more concern towards the fire than the possiblity of having their invested trip to San Diego ruined.

Last edited by DadaCharge; 10-23-2007 at 11:37 AM.
DadaCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #35
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for your comments DadaCharge.
And of course, hope you and yours and everyone else out there effected by the fires - Stay Safe !
Good Luck !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadaCharge View Post
As you can see there are a lot of variable factors that will determine where this game will be played. Just thought I would chime in my 2 cents because I know if I were in your shoes, I'd like some insight where ever I could get it. Keep in mind, I'm no expert, just a local. Oh, and it's really nice to see people in this thread show more concern towards the fire than the possiblity of having their invested trip to San Diego ruined.
Hey, man. Welcome to the board.

I used to live in Cali and I know what the fires are like. I was never evacuated but I have had a lot of ash on my house (in Burbank and in Calabasas). I haven't heard if my co-workers in the SD area have had to move but a guy I work with who's in Santa Barbara was evacuated yesterday.

Just stay safe and out of harm's way.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #37
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

DadaCharge

Our prayers and wishes for yalls safety is first at hand, If it is here I would be looking foreward to seeing a lot of lightning in the lots before the game. Good luck to all you Texans on your game plans. Hollywood I will see you in Oakland I suppose.
Old 10-23-2007   #38
austintexanite
All Pro

I hope everyone overthere is safe and taking precautions. As the game, I'm not sure but it will probably be moved to ASU.
Old 10-23-2007   #39
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Sunday's game still be on TV?

I thought they were talking about maybe Monday. That will give Schaub an extra day of rest.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #40
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Would Sunday's game still be on TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
If they do change the time of Texans vs. Chargers, will it still be shown? What happens? I want to see the game!
we won't know until they decide when and where the game will be played. then they'll work out the details.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read