Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2007   #301
Baga21
Rookie

Default Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Absolutely, we are cool!

I responded back.
that's too bad...it was better reading when you two weren't cool
Baga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #302
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baga21 View Post
that's too bad...it was better reading when you two weren't cool
You
Old 10-25-2007   #303
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Before you start anything, you may want to read the thread from the beginning.. I have had nothing but kind words for the folks in and around San Diego (and SoCal in general for that matter)... OF course those folks should have the game if feasable... By the same token those folks deserved an answer a lot sooner also...

Anyway, perhaps you ought to learn something about posters on this board before you assume what their MO is..
I never hinted that you had ill will toward our friends in SD...read my post. I do think their best interest takes priority over ours right now. I would hope they would feel the same if the roles were reversed.

It isn't my job to study you as a poster - I'll comment how I see fit. However, we are both Texans so let's cool it and root for our team and join together to send the folks in CA our best wishes.
Old 10-25-2007   #304
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Just watched live feed of the mayor of San Diego's press conference, announced Qualcomm would cease to be used as a shelter at noon tomorrow but nothing on the game Sunday. Somebody, please make a decision!!!!
Old 10-25-2007   #305
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

About it being played on Monday in San Diego... I wonder what they are going to do for television?

Can ESPN play it on ESPN2, or could they play it after the first game like a ordinary MNF doubleheader?

If not will CBS just play it for Houston/San Diego areas?

If not...NFL Network can pick it up right? Even though it might be a blowout, I still want to see it and I have never missed a Texan game and I don't plan to!
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #306
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
About it being played on Monday in San Diego... I wonder what they are going to do for television?

Can ESPN play it on ESPN2, or could they play it after the first game like a ordinary MNF doubleheader?

If not will CBS just play it for Houston/San Diego areas?

If not...NFL Network can pick it up right? Even though it might be a blowout, I still want to see it and I have never missed a Texan game and I don't plan to!
Seeing as it's an AFC game that was originally scheduled for Sunday I would think that CBS would retain broadcast rights.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #307
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Seeing as it's an AFC game that was originally scheduled for Sunday I would think that CBS would retain broadcast rights.
CBS won't air it. They would never get permission to preempt prime time programming for low rating football from their home office.

I would guess ESPN2 or NFLN.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2007   #308
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
CBS won't air it. They would never get permission to preempt prime time programming for low rating football from their home office.

I believe they have done it in the past.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #309
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I believe they have done it in the past.
I don't KNOW this, but if KEYE won't show the Texans because of Titans, think KHOU will show Texans over prime time shows? My guess is no. But again, this is my opinion.

Can you imagine the outrage of the non-Texans fan who watch whatever show?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #310
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the latest, its up to the Chargers and I imagine the league now.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...ers/index.html
Old 10-25-2007   #311
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 116197 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess we're looking at Friday now... (for an announcement)

Quote:
Oct. 25, 2007, 7:47PM
Site, time of Texans-Chargers game still under review

By JOHN McCLAIN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

After touring the devastated area with President Bush and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday, San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders delayed until Friday a decision on whether the Texans-Chargers game can be played at Qualcomm Stadium.

The NFL allowed Sanders to make the decision on San Diego, where wildfires forced more than 250,000 residents to abandon their homes this week. If Sanders tells the league his city isnít ready to host the game, the most likely destination is Reliant Stadium.
Link
Old 10-25-2007   #312
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Here is the latest, its up to the Chargers and I imagine the league now.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...ers/index.html
That about seals it up, IMO. If everything is available for the original place at the original time, why would they go out of the way to move it.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #313
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

Actually, CBS in Austin scheduled to show the game.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #314
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's ridiculous that nothing "official" has been announced. What's the hold up? If the mayor is unsure to this point if Qualcomm is going to be available then it's time to cut bait and play this game elsewhere. My main concern is the air quality. Even if the fire is under control the air conditions around the stadium have to be healthy, not tolerable, for the fans and the athletes. And the unfortunate people who had to use the stadium for temporary home shouldn't be rushed out. At this point, San Diego should be out of the race.
Old 10-25-2007   #315
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

When San Diego had to move their game to Phoenix 4 years ago, that decision wasn't made until Friday. The game was played Monday night. I think it was originally scheduled for Monday night though. This according to Russel Baxter of ESPN.

If it stays in San Diego and CBS retains tv rights, I'm sure it will only be seen in San Diego and Houston. If I remember correctly, the Dolphins had to move a game up to Friday, I think, because of the threat of a hurricane, and the game was telecast by whatever network had it, in the local markets only.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #316
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was Miami and Tennessee that had to play on a Saturday because of a looming hurricane.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #317
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post
Perhaps it would be helpful to know that both teams have now acknowledged they are completely ready to play wherever and whenever the commish says. And that the commish is simply taking cues from the Mayor, who has stated his priority is the families who will potentially be left at the stadium on Sunday, and intends to wait the fullest amount of time to decide based on those families needs.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

They are saying it is an air quality issue. the mayor is waiting on Sheriff Rogder. Sheriff Rodger is waiting on the mayor. Didn't we see this act a couple of years ago in New Orleans ? Look be nice guys pay an airlines to line up the planes give the Blots fans Relaint. We'll fill in the no shows. Billion dollar properties seems like someone would step up to the plate.

TV issue...the afternoon zoo at 610 covred this today.
Going by history...both markets should get the games shown localy. Got that baseball thingy going on. Got issues on exclusive rights. But we should get the game.
Old 10-26-2007   #318
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

They are saying it is an air quality issue. the mayor is waiting on Sheriff Rogder. Sheriff Rodger is waiting on the mayor. Didn't we see this act a couple of years ago in New Orleans ? Look be nice guys pay an airlines to line up the planes give the Blots fans Relaint. We'll fill in the no shows. Billion dollar properties seems like someone would step up to the plate.

TV issue...the afternoon zoo at 610 covred this today.
Going by history...both markets should get the games shown localy. Got that baseball thingy going on. Got issues on exclusive rights. But we should get the game.
Will game be seen in SanAntonio and the rest of the nation?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #319
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

It can't be in SA. SA doesn't have an NFL-ready stadium.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #320
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I try my best to be a McNair fan, but he really concerns me at times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3077884

Quote:
Among the possibilities were keeping the game in San Diego but moving it to Monday night.

Texans owner Bob McNair told KRIV-TV in Houston that he hoped the game would be played on Sunday unless it is moved to Houston.

"We would like to see the game played Sunday, and we understand there are problems in San Diego and if those can be overcome then certainly the game ought to be played there because that's where it was scheduled," McNair said, according to the Fox affiliate's Web site. "But on the other hand if it can't be played there on Sunday it puts us at a competitive disadvantage to delay the game and play it on Monday because we have to go back out on the West Coast again for the following Sunday to play Oakland.

"That would mean if we played somewhere on the West Coast, other than Houston on a Monday night, we'd get back Tuesday," McNair added. "Our people are worn out. They get back at 5 in the morning and we have a very limited amount of time to do anything. So we really would like to see the game played on Sunday
."
WTF is this logic for the present and the future? Is he a businessman or Julie the Cruise Director?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read