Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2007   #281
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
It better not be Dallas, that would be a slap in the face to us Texans fans, as well as the Chargers. Everyone knows that Dallas is part of Arkansas and I wouldnt send my worst enemy there.
Why all the belly aching about it being at Texas Stadium? This was the option before the fire. They were playing at San Diego where the Texans would maybe be represented by 3% of the fans in the stands.

So you have a horrible diaster and the game is more than likely going to be moved.

Jerry has offered Texas Stadium if needed. Fine.

So thousands of Texans fans will more than likely get to go and the Chargers will be the ones having the minority of fans in the stands.

Texas Stadium IS a dump. Everybody knows it. That's why they're building that billion dollar palace in Arlington.

So go Texan fans if you can and have fun and support the team.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #282
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Get over yourself. You are just as repititive!

Have fun sitting on the couch and eating bon and bons with your panties in a wad.

It's very clear you only care about yourself or have some personally issue with me.

It's probably both and has something to do with being an Aggie as well!
Dude why do you have to argue with everyone?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #283
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post
Perhaps it would be helpful to know that both teams have now acknowledged they are completely ready to play wherever and whenever the commish says. And that the commish is simply taking cues from the Mayor, who has stated his priority is the families who will potentially be left at the stadium on Sunday, and intends to wait the fullest amount of time to decide based on those families needs.
The problem is that the commish already said the decision was going to be made by 3pm YESTERDAY!

Sorry, but this decision shouldn't be made by the Mayor. The NFL is supposed to be the decision-maker here. All stadiums are supposed to have their schedules approved FAR before this time. We have an emergency here, I fully understand that, but you give a cut-off time for a go/no-go and then you move on to alternates. (This is Kindergarten-level Project Management)

The schedule should always "stay as it is" unless compelling forces dictate otherwise. You don't drag these things out till the last second and you get contingencies lined up as soon as there's a chance your primary options may NOT be available.

If I ran MY projects like this I'd be shot, and THEN fired.
Old 10-25-2007   #284
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Get over yourself. You are just as repititive!

Have fun sitting on the couch and eating bon and bons with your panties in a wad.

It's very clear you only care about yourself or have some personally issue with me.

It's probably both and has something to do with being an Aggie as well!
Quote:
So, I guess your need to know supersedes my plans and others to see the game in person if it can be worked out.

Your just self-centered.

Have fun at the office!
Quote:
Why do you have to make this personal?

It just doesn't make sense.

Besides, the message board is about posting about things and opinions. If you wanna call that badgering, then we probably should just shut this thing down.

Again, I don't understand why you wanna make this personal? You are way out of line when it comes that!

You know what I look like, I will be at the Saints game, come talk to me then...

PM, I will tell where my seats are... I will gladly listen to you in person and make the same comments about me personally!

See ya and good luck getting your TV schedule as soon as possible if that makes you happy!

Oh, and I will stay out of your way for the time being...
Hollywood, the first set of personal attacks came from you, however, I will refrain from them for now on because I think we both agree there is no place here for that... the '80's comment, while rude, really was an attempt at levity...

The next time you are here, I will gladly meet you. In fact, there's a good chance that I will be tailgating about two spots down from that mutual friend that I mentioned. I'm not hard to find at all. And judging by that picture in another thread I know where your seats are, because ironically, I am not all that far from there.

Last, I really do hope you have a great weekend in San Diego, and I am super stoked for the fans of San Diego.. Passionate fans deserve to see their home team, play their scheduled home games. PERIOD. I also hope that everything goes well for SoCal in general, as I have some interest given some of my friends in the area...
Old 10-25-2007   #285
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If the game is on Monday Night in San Diego, I hope it's not a 9 PM-ish game. I'm thinking the NFL doesn't want another game interfering with ESPNs original MNF broadcast.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #286
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
If the game is on Monday Night in San Diego, I hope it's not a 9 PM-ish game. I'm thinking the NFL doesn't want another game interfering with ESPNs original MNF broadcast.
or World series game 5

I don't see how the NFL would be happy with a Monday Hou-SD game.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #287
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post

I'll say it again, let's be patient for the fans that have PURCHASED tickets for this game in SD and are suffering through a terrible time. If we have to wait for them to make a decision to help those folks out - so be it...even if that interferes with your "job notification."

Before you start anything, you may want to read the thread from the beginning.. I have had nothing but kind words for the folks in and around San Diego (and SoCal in general for that matter)... OF course those folks should have the game if feasable... By the same token those folks deserved an answer a lot sooner also...

Anyway, perhaps you ought to learn something about posters on this board before you assume what their MO is..
Old 10-25-2007   #288
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
or World series game 5

I don't see how the NFL would be happy with a Monday Hou-SD game.
Exactly. And they can't start the Denver game any earlier, because as it stands now, the game already is starting 30 minutes earlier to accomodate the WS.
Old 10-25-2007   #289
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody really think that if the game is in San Diego all those with tickets would even show up?

I wouldn't, as there might be more important things to do.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #290
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The problem is that the commish already said the decision was going to be made by 3pm YESTERDAY!

Sorry, but this decision shouldn't be made by the Mayor. The NFL is supposed to be the decision-maker here. All stadiums are supposed to have their schedules approved FAR before this time. We have an emergency here, I fully understand that, but you give a cut-off time for a go/no-go and then you move on to alternates. (This is Kindergarten-level Project Management)

The schedule should always "stay as it is" unless compelling forces dictate otherwise. You don't drag these things out till the last second and you get contingencies lined up as soon as there's a chance your primary options may NOT be available.

If I ran MY projects like this I'd be shot, and THEN fired.
Yeah, your'e right. If the Mayor makes the call he'll just be all worried about the families who live there and all that fire crap. We want someone to decide (perhaps like you) who gives lip service to the "emergency" part of it but is basically mindless of all things except the netertainment value of football game.

Sorry the families and fires got in the way of your entertainment. Cheers...
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #291
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hollywood, the first set of personal attacks came from you, however, I will refrain from them for now on because I think we both agree there is no place here for that... the '80's comment, while rude, really was an attempt at levity...

The next time you are here, I will gladly meet you. In fact, there's a good chance that I will be tailgating about two spots down from that mutual friend that I mentioned. I'm not hard to find at all. And judging by that picture in another thread I know where your seats are, because ironically, I am not all that far from there.

Last, I really do hope you have a great weekend in San Diego, and I am super stoked for the fans of San Diego.. Passionate fans deserve to see their home team, play their scheduled home games. PERIOD. I also hope that everything goes well for SoCal in general, as I have some interest given some of my friends in the area...
Fair enough, I am unable to determine if you are making a joke about me or taking a personal shot. Considering my age, my looks, what I wear, and what I do, I get a consider amount of grief. Which is fine, I actually find it funny, because it is. But, personal attacks, I don't take very kindly too regardless of who I am at the time or what I look like. I don't like period, regardless of who it is.

We tailgate at different times because it's a 3 ring circus to get my crew to operate with any consistency.

Definitely, stop by and introduce yourself.

As for me starting it first? This is what you posted where I started to go off:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill
Dude, you are broken freakin record.. If its in San Diego GREAT, enjoy the effin game. We (I'm pretty sure I speak for many) dont care that you are going. We dont care that you are cool whether its SUnday or MOnday... AWESOME!!!! Many of us want to figure out where and when WE can see the game.....
You didn't mention that in my postings you stated early. It's a matter of interpretation, but the posts you are saying I started this whole thing was in reponse that post you did first.

It really doesn't matter to me.

Good luck man.

I could really care less at this point what happens with this game.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #292
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Fair enough, I am unable to determine if you are making a joke about me or taking a personal shot. Considering my age, my looks, what I wear, and what I do, I get a consider amount of grief. Which is fine, I actually find it funny, because it is. But, personal attacks, I don't take very kindly too regardless of who I am at the time or what I look like. I don't like period, regardless of who it is.

We tailgate at different times because it's a 3 ring circus to get my crew to operate with any consistency.

Definitely, stop by and introduce yourself.

As for me starting it first? This is what you posted where I started to go off:

You didn't mention that in my postings you stated early. It's a matter of interpretation, but the posts you are saying I started this whole thing was in reponse that post you did first.

It really doesn't matter to me.

Good luck man.

PM'd you so this can get cleaned up...
Old 10-25-2007   #293
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow! I am confused. You seemed so passionate about people and their plans and such.
Old 10-25-2007   #294
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
PM'd you so this can get cleaned up...
Absolutely, we are cool!

I responded back.
Old 10-25-2007   #295
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Wow! I am confused. You seemed so passionate about people and their plans and such.
Sometimes you just get so tired of a situation, you just want it to end whatever way it does...
Old 10-25-2007   #296
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I sincerely hope the City of San Diego, and it's fans, get to keep the game at home, as scheduled. After the week they have had, they need someway to vent their frustrations. Why not take it out on a team that they should beat hands down anyway. If our Texans have any pride left at all, they will give them a good fight, and let the fans of SD see a well played PROFESSIONAL football game.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #297
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post
Yeah, your'e right. If the Mayor makes the call he'll just be all worried about the families who live there and all that fire crap. We want someone to decide (perhaps like you) who gives lip service to the "emergency" part of it but is basically mindless of all things except the netertainment value of football game.

Sorry the families and fires got in the way of your entertainment. Cheers...
I don't give "lip service" to anything. The NFL is a business, period. It's THEIR call to make as it's THEIR business we're talking about. What's your solution, wait until 10pm on Saturday night? Give a cut-off & stick to it. It's pretty simple really. It takes more time for 'alternates' to get spun up to speed.

For the record, I've got friends & family in the affected areas, so feel free to keep acting like I don't care.
Old 10-25-2007   #298
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it'd be cool if we had the game in SD on Monday night. All the other football games on Sunday, Texans on Monday, Rockets first game on Tuesday. If only the nation cared as much about Houston teams....

:rockets:
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #299
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wish Sunday had happened on NBC. There is no game scheduled this Sunday for NBC.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #300
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I don't give "lip service" to anything. The NFL is a business, period. It's THEIR call to make as it's THEIR business we're talking about. What's your solution, wait until 10pm on Saturday night? Give a cut-off & stick to it. It's pretty simple really. It takes more time for 'alternates' to get spun up to speed.

For the record, I've got friends & family in the affected areas, so feel free to keep acting like I don't care.
No one has to convince me that the NFL is a business. The alternates are already spinning up to speed. And, I am certain that the clock is ticking for the Mayor as far as the Commish is concerned. At some point he will not be able to accomodate the Mayor any longer.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read