Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2007   #261
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

I still think nobody is considering the air quality issue, much less the fact that all the fires will still be going.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #262
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I live and work in Hollywood, and there is a big difference in the air quality here the last few days.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #263
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Is it even possible you could go to the game at one of sites that are even rumored? You seem to be taking this so personal.
San Diego - no (obviously) Dallas or here? It's not a possibility - its a given...

With that said, my comments were about televising the game if it were SD on Monday night. I would assume that they 'would' televise it, but we dont know for sure, because nothing has been announced. Thats the point. No one has committed to anything, so fans such as myself, dont even know if we should head out to a bar Monday night, watch at home - whatever.

Personally?? Ummm yeah. Thats what a die-hard fan does.
Old 10-25-2007   #264
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I live and work in Hollywood, and there is a big difference in the air quality here the last few days.
The air quality is a factor for the players (especially guys like Ahman who have asthma), and for the fans who would also be outside.

At this late date, the only places that might make sense are Reliant or San Diego.
Old 10-25-2007   #265
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is it even possible you could go to the game at one of sites that are even rumored? You seem to be taking this so personal. Maybe it's your TV schedule you are worried about?
I could go to either of the locations but with the slow decisions on this issue, I can't see it happening now. It is frustrating.
Old 10-25-2007   #266
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
San Diego - no (obviously) Dallas or here? It's not a possibility - its a given...

With that said, my comments were about televising the game if it were SD on Monday night. I would assume that they 'would' televise it, but we dont know for sure, because nothing has been announced. Thats the point. No one has committed to anything, so fans such as myself, dont even know if we should head out to a bar Monday night, watch at home - whatever.

Personally?? Ummm yeah. Thats what a die-hard fan does.
I just don't understand why you have know this very minute when the game is shown on TV.

I just don't see that as a bigger deal than trying to accomodate the fans actually going to the game that have scheduled things months in advance and were looking forward to seeing the game in person.
Old 10-25-2007   #267
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I could go to either of the locations but with the slow decisions on this issue, I can't see it happening now. It is frustrating.
What about the people that already have plans set for San Diego?

There are more of us than you guys.

Which is my point.

I am going to the game and ready for the bar car on Amtrak...
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2007   #268
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just don't understand why you have know this very minute when the game is shown on TV.

I just don't see that as a bigger deal than trying to accomodate the fans actually going to the game that have scheduled things months in advance and were looking forward to seeing the game in person.
I just dont understand why you are worried about why I need to know..

But, I will bite: If the game is Monday, I would like to tell the folks at my office that I will be leaving early Monday... I would rather tell them SOONER rather than LATER! (stupid little professional courtesy thing).
Old 10-25-2007   #269
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
What about the people that already have plans set for San Diego?

There are more of us than you guys.

Which is my point.

I am going to the game and ready for the bar car on Amtrak...
Dude, you are broken freakin record.. If its in San Diego GREAT, enjoy the effin game. We (I'm pretty sure I speak for many) dont care that you are going. We dont care that you are cool whether its SUnday or MOnday... AWESOME!!!! Many of us want to figure out where and when WE can see the game..
Old 10-25-2007   #270
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude, you are broken freakin record.. If its in San Diego GREAT, enjoy the effin game. We (I'm pretty sure I speak for many) dont care that you are going. We dont care that you are cool whether its SUnday or MOnday... AWESOME!!!! Many of us want to figure out where and when WE can see the game..
Get over yourself. You are just as repititive!

Have fun sitting on the couch and eating bon and bons with your panties in a wad.

It's very clear you only care about yourself or have some personally issue with me.

It's probably both and has something to do with being an Aggie as well!
Old 10-25-2007   #271
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But, I will bite: If the game is Monday, I would like to tell the folks at my office that I will be leaving early Monday... I would rather tell them SOONER rather than LATER! (stupid little professional courtesy thing).
So, I guess your need to know supersedes my plans and others to see the game in person if it can be worked out.

Your just self-centered.

Have fun at the office!
Old 10-25-2007   #272
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't it great how all of us come together in the face of adversity?
Old 10-25-2007   #273
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Get over yourself. You are just as repititive!

Have fun sitting on the couch and eating bon and bons with your panties in a wad.

It's very clear you only care about yourself or have some personally issue with me.

It's probably both and has something to do with being an Aggie as well!
I actually had no personal issue with you. We share a pretty good mutual friend in fact.

No one has been badgering you. You have been badgering others who want something as simple as a freakin answer or decision. We just want answers, what do you not understand or why cant you have empathy for that?

I give up.. I just reminded myself of the definition for insanity....
Old 10-25-2007   #274
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So, I guess your need to know supersedes my plans and others to see the game in person if it can be worked out.

Your just self-centered.

Have fun at the office!
Dude show me one post where I said anyone's needs superceded anyone elses. Thats plum dumb!!

Anyway dude, buy a new hat, get a hair cut, leave the 80's and join us in 2007...
Old 10-25-2007   #275
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
The game would NEVER have been in SA because the Alamo Dome is not an NFL ready facility. The NFL spent alot of meoney this off season to get HD equipment in all of it's venues for instant reply. Same reason the game would never have been moved to LA.

The options are SD, Dallas or Houston.
It better not be Dallas, that would be a slap in the face to us Texans fans, as well as the Chargers. Everyone knows that Dallas is part of Arkansas and I wouldnt send my worst enemy there.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #276
ActualTexan
upright biped

Perhaps it would be helpful to know that both teams have now acknowledged they are completely ready to play wherever and whenever the commish says. And that the commish is simply taking cues from the Mayor, who has stated his priority is the families who will potentially be left at the stadium on Sunday, and intends to wait the fullest amount of time to decide based on those families needs.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #277
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude show me one post where I said anyone's needs superceded anyone elses. Thats plum dumb!!

Anyway dude, buy a new hat, get a hair cut, leave the 80's and join us in 2007...
Why do you have to make this personal?

It just doesn't make sense.

Besides, the message board is about posting about things and opinions. If you wanna call that badgering, then we probably should just shut this thing down.

Again, I don't understand why you wanna make this personal? You are way out of line when it comes that!

You know what I look like, I will be at the Saints game, come talk to me then...

PM, I will tell where my seats are... I will gladly listen to you in person and make the same comments about me personally!

See ya and good luck getting your TV schedule as soon as possible if that makes you happy!

Oh, and I will stay out of your way for the time being...
Old 10-25-2007   #278
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just dont understand why you are worried about why I need to know..

Are you freaking kidding me. You are acting like a spoiled school-aged child because you want to tell someone at work you might have to leave early?

I'll say it again, let's be patient for the fans that have PURCHASED tickets for this game in SD and are suffering through a terrible time. If we have to wait for them to make a decision to help those folks out - so be it...even if that interferes with your "job notification."
Old 10-25-2007   #279
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Are you freaking kidding me. You are acting like a spoiled school-aged child because you want to tell someone at work you might have to leave early?

I'll say it again, let's be patient for the fans that have PURCHASED tickets for this game in SD and are suffering through a terrible time. If we have to wait for them to make a decision to help those folks out - so be it...even if that interferes with your "job notification."
I doubt there are that many people in San Diego are concerned about a football game.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #280
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I doubt there are that many people in San Diego are concerned about a football game.
We might just find out on Sunday...

I remember how important the first University of Miami game (at Iowa) was to everyone in South Florida. It was a great distraction and a time for community unity during a very challenging time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read