Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2007   #181
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fires in San Diego could affect upcoming game

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
According to sports radio 610, the game will be played either in Houston or Dallas. Both sites in AZ have been ruled out and San Diego is fixing to be ruled out.
That means Dallas for all intents and purposes.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #182
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
Dude, I was being a smart a-s-s. I don't want your tickets but I don't want to hear you whine that you couldn't give your tickets away because you give them to friends, well then I guess you don't have a lot of friends if you are having trouble giving them away.
I am not whinning about it.

It's that experience that helps me derive the opinion you guys are calling me crazy about.

If you look at the context of how it was written, there was no whinning involved.

Look, I love my seats (I don't mind paying for them!), I love going back to Houston to go to Reliant, I love watching/listening to Texans games, I buy more Texans stuff than I should, it goes on and on...

But, I am a realist about the current state of the fan base to fill up Reliant Stadium and have a strong crowd on a game that is very short notice for team that is playing very poorly and just lost a typical fashion Houston choke game not less than a week ago.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #183
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
That means Dallas for all intents and purposes.
YUP....

The Toilet Bowl.
Old 10-24-2007   #184
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
YUP....

The Toilet Bowl.
I ain't going to complain as it'll mean that I can go to the game.
Old 10-24-2007   #185
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if they do move it here, MEMO TO F.O. give season ticket holders at least 36, 48 hours or so to purchase tickets where they sit. After that deadline you can release them to the public. I don't want to miss my first ever Texans game at Reliant because this season ticket holder can't get a ticket in time.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #186
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I ain't going to complain as it'll mean that I can go to the game.
NICE!!! Enjoy it!!

*starts figuring out how to pull off the roady*
Old 10-24-2007   #187
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a SNF game is a high possibility since there is no SNF game this week. It also looks like Dallas (Irving) is a high possibility. Would they change the field?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2007   #188
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Chargers have any say in this I cannot imagine them agreeing to play the game in Houston.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #189
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
If the Chargers have any say in this I cannot imagine them agreeing to play the game in Houston.
Didn't stop the NFL from having the Saints play a "home game" in New York against the Giants.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #190
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Didn't stop the NFL from having the Saints play a "home game" in New York against the Giants.
And look at the amount of criticism that move generated.
Old 10-24-2007   #191
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I would choose SA bfore Dallas. Dallas fans ain't coming out to see Hou or SD.

SA would jump on it as it would be like the ATL v. NO game they had.

Having it here is the best way to make some $$$. Afterall...

a) If SD the bad arses they think they are, whats the prob?

b) If its all about the $$$ they will still get the home team cut.
Old 10-24-2007   #192
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANSTAILGATER View Post
I would choose SA bfore Dallas. Dallas fans ain't coming out to see Hou or SD.

SA would jump on it as it would be like the ATL v. NO game they had.

Having it here is the best way to make some $$$. Afterall...

a) If SD the bad arses they think they are, whats the prob?

b) If its all about the $$$ they will still get the home team cut.
SA does NOT have an NFL facility.

Remember that the NFL installed HD cameras in all the stadiums for instant replay. There is not a comprable set-up in the Alamo Bowl.
Old 10-24-2007   #193
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

if its in houston or dallas or SA can we buy tickets?
Old 10-24-2007   #194
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sources: Chargers To Play Sunday's Home Game At Texas Stadium

San Diego Union-Tribune - The Chargers expect to hear on Wednesday from Mayor Jerry Sanders whether they can play their scheduled game against the Houston Texans in Qualcomm Stadium, and they are narrowing down contingencies for playing elsewhere.

“The Chargers are working closely with Mayor Sanders and the fire and police departments to determine how best to deal with Sunday's scheduled NFL game at Qualcomm Stadium,” the team said in a statement. “Protecting the public safety is the mayor's top goal, and the Chargers will continue to cooperate with the mayor to achieve this goal.”

The Chargers arrived here last night for three days of practice in clean air in preparation for the game, wherever it is.

“Tell us where, and then under tough circumstances we'll go from there,” General Manager A.J. Smith said.

It appears likely the Chargers will end up playing in Texas Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, if they can't play at home, sources said last night. The Cowboys have a bye Sunday.
link: http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wi...texas_stadium/

EDIT: Already been posted by tailgate, sorry.

Last edited by J-Russ; 10-24-2007 at 05:10 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #195
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

So Sunday Night then?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #196
HWY95
Rookie

I wonder if they will sell ticks for less than what they go for if it is in TX? So they will sell more ticks? Commish is saying there is more money in it for Spanos if Chargers play in Houston....and Spanos only cares about money

I wish we were playing here at the Q, Raiders had a hard time with all the noise we brought. But we gotta what we gotta do.
HWY95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #197
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

At least it's not in Austin. They would root for the Chargers.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #198
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
DECISION ON TEXANS-CHARGERS GAME COMING THURSDAY

A decision will be made on Thursday as to whether the Chargers will play their Week Eight home game in San Diego or in Dallas, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The call as to whether the game will stay at Qualcomm Stadium will be made by San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders. The venue currently is being used as a shelter for persons displaced by the fires in the area.

Other issues that could work against keeping the game in San Diego include air quality and the availability of police and firefighters.

Texas Stadium is regarded as a viable alternative because Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson is a native of Waco, and because the Dallas residents don't like the Houston Texans. Though the Union-Tribune suggests that financial losses would be lower if the game is played in Dallas than if it is played in Arizona, admission to the last Chargers game forced to Arizona by fire was free, with patrons solicited to make donations for the relief efforts. It's unknown whether there would be a charge imposed to see the Texans-Chargers game on Sunday.

The Union-Tribune points out that the Chargers have insurance to protect against the losses from moving the game, but that the deductible is high.

The Chargers don't want to play the game in Houston, because it would give the Texans a home-field advantage. In 2005, the NFL moved a game between the Giants and the Saints to the Meadowlands after Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #199
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Cutting it close. But I can understand why...they obviously are giving it every chance to play this game at home.

Last edited by Tailgate; 10-24-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #200
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they play as close to SD as possible. The Chargers deserve it, as well as the fans.

Just the thought of having to go to that pig sty in Dallas makes me want to puke!! BUT, if given the chance, I will be there. I'll be sure to take lots of antibacterial soap with me!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read