Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2007   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Perspective

I know it was an ugly win for us, but we only allowed Miami to score 19 points.

The Patriots allowed 28.

We allowed 38 points to Tennessee.. But that was 8 field goals, and two touchdowns, off of 6 turnovers.

If we can get a handle on this turnover thing, we'd be a pretty damn good team.
Old 10-22-2007   #2
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

Default Re: Perspective

I believe the Texans lead the league in surrendering points off turnovers. (by lead the league, I mean that in a bad way.)

There has to be some good taken from the fact the defense does a pretty good job of holding teams to FG's in the red zone.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #3
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

We are not as bad as some make it out to be like we are bottom feeders. We are right now a middle of the pack team.

Our defense I don't think will get the credit it deserves for basically allowing 14 points to the Titans. Now if they didn't start in their own red zone you can say they could have got more 3 and outs. We just always turn it over, either when we are somewhere around our 20-30 giving the opponent a FG try, or when we are on their 20 in the redzone and give up points.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
We are not as bad as some make it out to be like we are bottom feeders. We are right now a middle of the pack team.

Our defense I don't think will get the credit it deserves for basically allowing 14 points to the Titans. Now if they didn't start in their own red zone you can say they could have got more 3 and outs. We just always turn it over, either when we are somewhere around our 20-30 giving the opponent a FG try, or when we are on their 20 in the redzone and give up points.
Good Post, i think many of us forget that we are in the toughest division in the NFL & we are only 3-4 not 0-6 or somewhere around there. I feel we'll get better once AJ comes back.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #5
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Good Post, i think many of us forget that we are in the toughest division in the NFL & we are only 3-4 not 0-6 or somewhere around there. I feel we'll get better once AJ comes back.
Can someone please explain to me why things will get better when AJ comes back? He is absolutely the best player on this team, but right now I think WR is the least of our worries. How does Andre coming back protect Schaub's blind side? How does AJ come back help with missed tackles? Are they going to move AJ to safety or is he moving to center to open up more holes in the running game?
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Can someone please explain to me why things will get better when AJ comes back? He is absolutely the best player on this team, but right now I think WR is the least of our worries. How does Andre coming back protect Schaub's blind side? How does AJ come back help with missed tackles? Are they going to move AJ to safety or is he moving to center to open up more holes in the running game?
Andre gets guys open thats why.

Also getting guys open quicker means Schaub can release it quicker. Really some of you should look at the first two games and the last 5. Things will be MUCH MUCH better when he returns. Quote it, save it, whatever. Andre draws double coverage and the defenses roll over to his side and we are acting like he is going to come back and things are going to be the same?

You take the best player off any teams offense and see how well they do...I think Demeco has the same effect if you take him off our defense we would struggle.

Its more than a coicidence that with AJ we beat two teams that are doing better than us (Panther and Chiefs) and blew them out at that, yet we continue to go on without Andre and just struggle offensively...the guy has a huge impact whether the WRs are producing right now or not.

No, when he returns I think he will prove his worth to the offense.
Old 10-22-2007   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
IMO, AJ's return means more space to operate for the others on offense, Gives us more options in the red zone & should improve us in that area as we didn't have those problems in the 1st 2 weeks. Walter & Davis have performed admirably, but both can be single covered. You can't do that with AJ unless you've got a top tier corner & even he will have his hands full.

Consequently, Schaub won't have to hold the ball as long all the time & we might be able to get some running lanes for Green & company.

& it's no secret that you play defense differently when you're ahead as opposed to be being behind.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2007   #8
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I am no x's and o's guy...so I will take you guys word on it.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
IMO, AJ's return means more space to operate for the others on offense, Gives us more options in the red zone & should improve us in that area as we didn't have those problems in the 1st 2 weeks. Walter & Davis have performed admirably, but both can be single covered. You can't do that with AJ unless you've got a top tier corner & even he will have his hands full.

Consequently, Schaub won't have to hold the ball as long all the time & we might be able to get some running lanes for Green & company.

& it's no secret that you play defense differently when you're ahead as opposed to be being behind.
That is the main point. Davis and Walter has played well but both have been and can be single covered.

Also another main point is for the defense...they have always given our offense an oppurtunity to gain leads, in the first two games our offense took advantage of that...the last 5 games not so much.
Old 10-22-2007   #10
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
That is the main point. Davis and Walter has played well but both have been and can be single covered.

Also another main point is for the defense...they have always given our offense an oppurtunity to gain leads, in the first two games our offense took advantage of that...the last 5 games not so much.
Our #1 man is out and there is a reason the others are #2's, #3's etc. They fit very well as secondary options, but it takes a stud (DRE) to be #1. When he comes back (as long as he's healthy), it will be as different as night and day. Right now they can single cover our receivers and concentrate on totally shutting down our running game.
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats gave up 28 points at the very end of the game. They were defining garbage time. Carr would have put on a show
Old 10-12-2011   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know it was an ugly win for us, but we only allowed Miami to score 19 points.

The Patriots allowed 28.

We allowed 38 points to Tennessee.. But that was 8 field goals, and two touchdowns, off of 6 turnovers.

If we can get a handle on this turnover thing, we'd be a pretty damn good team.

Okay......

Looking back, I can see how some people would get pretty annoyed about some of the things I've said.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read