Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2007   #61
SheTitan
Rookie

Rep Power: 942 SheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will win against San Diego...

I know most of you think King is a fool ....but he picks the Texans to win this one Texans 17, Chargers 13

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff

It's interesting to note that 90% of the fans picked the Chargers
SheTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #62
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvb93 View Post
I know most of you think King is a fool ....but he picks the Texans to win this one Texans 17, Chargers 13

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff

It's interesting to note that 90% of the fans picked the Chargers
peter king is a complete genius and I've never doubted his abilities ever.
Old 10-25-2007   #63
hitman37
waterboy

Hey Guys, first post here. I have to say, this is probably the most realistic fan base I have ever seen. You're gonna have your homers and optimists, but when you're at the bottom year after year things get put into perspective quickly and easily. Trust me, I know. I've been a bolt fan since 1980 and we were the doormat to the NFL for most of my fandom years.

Do I think the Chargers will win? Sure. But I also thought we'd win against KC and GB easily and we know how that went. Here's to a good game with no injuries.
hitman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #64
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I guarantee it...
And I'm co-signing
dalonestartitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #65
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman37 View Post
Do I think the Chargers will win? Sure. But I also thought we'd win against KC and GB easily and we know how that went. Here's to a good game with no injuries.
Good luck!

But not enough to beat us.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #66
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the only way the Texans can beat the Chargers is if they can consistantly stop them on third down. This has been their problem all year. They can not make stops on third down and it has cost them in all of their losses but it really hurt them in the close losses against the Colts, Falcons, Titans. In the Jaguar game the Defense got tired because they could not get off the field on third down. The bottom line is Third down has been the reason for our teams losses and they will continue to loose if they can't make plays on third down. It is not the coaching, the players need to make plays. Ask D-Rob if he could have made a better play on third down last week.

I hate to sound like a broken record but...............

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE A STOP ON THIRD DOWN.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #67
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hate to sound like a broken record but...............

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE A STOP ON THIRD DOWN.
I don't know about you, but I sure hope we can make some key stops on third down Sunday...
Old 10-26-2007   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
I don't know about you, but I sure hope we can make some key stops on third down Sunday...
Just as long as we can force a punt, by stopping them on 3rd down...
Old 10-29-2007   #69
hitman37
waterboy

Just came back to say, keep your heads up, we were in your position not too long ago. And yes, almost everyone in San Diego is ashamed of Drayton Florence's hit, and can't wait till he's off the team next year. Uncalled for....
hitman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #70
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't want to say i told you so, but....
Old 10-29-2007   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i don't want to say i told you so, but....
It's not like you were in the minority...I think only the real hard core homers picked us.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #72
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's not like you were in the minority...I think only the real hard core homers picked us.
true.
Old 10-29-2007   #73
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 74059 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I knew we wouldn't come out with a W from this game, but by George I thought we'd have a better performance than that.

I basically quit watching when Schaub went down. I went outside, grabbed my chainsaw and went at my Oleanders like an amateur Leatherface. I didn't want a typical crappy Texans game to ruin a beautiful day outside.
Old 10-29-2007   #74
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys almost had that predicted right. 35-10, that was close.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read