Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2007   #41
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will win against San Diego...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I think we will show the Chargers what we can do to under-achievers...
What, get them on the Pro Bowl ballot???
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #42
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering that it looks as if the game is going to be played at possibly Sun Devil Stadium... or maybe the Cards new home... I am unsure at this point which location... however... the State of California is literally on fire. The Chargers aren't really having their very best start anyways... but we're talking about a football team that is not focused. The Texans are very fortunate to have this game on this week. It's an away game for both teams. San Diego is prime pickens to get knocked off.

Good luck.
Old 10-24-2007   #43
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Chargers win this game.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #44
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
A win will be a pleasant surprise. If we play the way we have played the last five weeks, we don't have a chance.
Pretty much. If we continue to play as bad as we have played, this could get really ugly. Chargers are on the upswing and we are heading downhill fast.
Old 10-24-2007   #45
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think the Texans actually have a chance. Chargers players are going to have other things on their minds.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #46
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
What, get them on the Pro Bowl ballot???
I was talking about the Panthers game, man!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #47
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

we can't beat the chargers.
Old 10-24-2007   #48
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
we can't beat the chargers.
???????????????
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #49
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
???????????????
we won't.
Old 10-24-2007   #50
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

wow. you guys are a negative bunch.
Old 10-24-2007   #51
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Shaub was in for 3 drives early and almost got killed he was hit so much (and how hard)...Shaub as produced when given even a little bit of time and you guys comparing him to Carr is mindboggling...the only thing they have in common is that when the line really sucks, neither player can turn invisible.
So may we now conclude from our present circumstaces Vinny...that it was not the QB and was not the RB ? I'm just waiting for someone to admit it. And even if you had Peterson on this squad it would prety much be the same story closer score ? Well the main difference for me so far is that DC absorbed 149 sacks and MS couldn't make ten. And thrity something RBs are what they are, an injury waiting to happen. Or is it just that we drafted the workout warrior in '06 and it' s all Mario's fault ? Da 'nile is not just a river in Egypt.
Old 10-24-2007   #52
HWY95
Rookie

Quote:
I guarantee it...
Alright, I am going to gaurantee this bottle of clorox is actually water!
HWY95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #53
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWY95 View Post
Alright, I am going to gaurantee this bottle of clorox is actually water!
Don't worry... I switched them out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #54
HWY95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Don't worry... I switched them out for you.

HAHA
HWY95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #55
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
... but we're talking about a football team that is not focused. The Texans are very fortunate to have this game on this week. It's an away game for both teams. San Diego is prime pickens to get knocked off.

Good luck.
Spoken like a true tennhead fan!! Anyone who thinks the Chargers are "prime pickens to get knocked off," is certainly BIPOLAR!! They are PROS, not that the meatball fans from Tenn would know much about that, BUT, never the less, they will represent their city and State well, esp during this time of crisis. I think the stress of what's going on in Calif will only bring out the fight in the Chargers!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #56
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans win...

Not because the Chargers heads are all screwed up, not because the game may be played at a neutral site, none of that crap. I just think that the Texans are better prepared to play and I also have a feeling they won't come out flat...
Old 10-24-2007   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure what I think and don't really care to form any expectations.

Our D is ranked 20th against the run and we are facing one of the premier RBs in the league.

Our offense is one dimensional, and though I like Sage, I think he's not a starter for a reason. SD has a great D, so it's an uphill battle no matter how I slice and dice it.

I just hope we look competitive and don't get our asses handed to us like the game against the Jags. That kind of display just crushes the fanatic's spirit.
Old 10-24-2007   #58
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not sure what I think and don't really care to form any expectations.

Our D is ranked 20th against the run and we are facing one of the premier RBs in the league.

Our offense is one dimensional, and though I like Sage, I think he's not a starter for a reason. SD has a great D, so it's an uphill battle no matter how I slice and dice it.

I just hope we look competitive and don't get our asses handed to us like the game against the Jags. That kind of display just crushes the fanatic's spirit.
I pretty much agree with you on that one. I don't expect to win this one. If we did, I'd chalk it to up to a "they were flat" fluke. But I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us handily even if they did come out flat. The Chargers are just a more talented football team.

And speaking of talent, for the department . . . on this message board, coaching is highly overrated.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #59
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: We will win against San Diego...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
For some odd reason I have a good feeling about this game...don't know why I just do.
So do I. It's one of those games we're not supposed to win, but then we get a couple of bounces going our way & that ends up being the difference in the game.
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #60
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just hoping they can save most of the equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TxiVhrkZA

may not be acurate but it's apt.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 10-25-2007 at 03:55 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read