Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2007   #21
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will win against San Diego...

no
Old 10-22-2007   #22
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Shaub was in for 3 drives early and almost got killed he was hit so much (and how hard)...Shaub as produced when given even a little bit of time and you guys comparing him to Carr is mindboggling...the only thing they have in common is that when the line really sucks, neither player can turn invisible.
I'm not saying Schaub is Carr, but I'm saying in your words "when the line
really sucks" and then the QB starts getting beat-up, most QBs start to look like Carr when he was getting beat-up here in his early days.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #23
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

You feel godo about this game because we're supposed to lose. If we do, you'll say "I thought we would" If we win, it will be a miracle. Therefore you have nothing to lose.

We always feel bad about the games we're "supposed" to win, and great about games we're supposed to lose. Thats what this team does, its bred loser mentalities
Old 10-22-2007   #24
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we will play better on the road. Maybe Kubes can get them to concentrate and he, himself, can game plan a little better. They need to show in that game that they know what they are doing...or at least trying to do.
Old 10-22-2007   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen nothing that would give me a reason to think we can win this game. Poor offensive and defensive play calling. I think we're leading the league in turnovers too.

IMO, we'll be lucky to get to .500 this year. There aren't any games that we could easily win. Teams like the Browns and Raiders are even playing better than we are at this point.
Old 10-22-2007   #26
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
You feel godo about this game because we're supposed to lose. If we do, you'll say "I thought we would" If we win, it will be a miracle. Therefore you have nothing to lose.

We always feel bad about the games we're "supposed" to win, and great about games we're supposed to lose. Thats what this team does, its bred loser mentalities
Man you hit the nail on the head. We felt bad about the Falcons game and the Fins game(barely won that one) and we feel good about games like this where we seem on paper like we are going to get destroyed.

I feel good about the game, but I am sure once kickoff hits i'll change.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #27
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope they try something different this week. Start with a quick hurry upish tempo to get a groove going. Try not to let the Chargers get into their crazy blitz schemes.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2007   #28
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I guarantee it...
you're George Zimmer, and i claim my $5.

If you don't know who this guy is, he's responsible for the speaking part of this.
Old 10-22-2007   #29
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
When you have the lead and are kicking off with less than a min to go...I'd assume most teams beat offenses with a back up QB in who is a lifetime 55% passer. As bad as the game was early, the defense has massive issues since the offense eventually put them in a position to do their jobs and secure the victory. This team is awful right now and opposing defenses have no pass rusher to fear unless we are blitzing.
Agreed. The pass rush is a joke right now. I'm beginning to think Okoye has hit the rookie wall and Williams to me, looks just plain lost out there. Or maybe its the playcalling on defense? Either way, this continuing trend of not having a pass rush is getting old.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #30
Busa_Bill
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
I sure hope they try something different this week. Start with a quick hurry upish tempo to get a groove going. Try not to let the Chargers get into their crazy blitz schemes.
In case you missed Kubes on 610 this afternoon: Fagan's deserves to play - there is no plan to bring up a RB from the PS - we will continue to try and establish the run - the guy's played a heck of a game - we threw the heck out of the ball in the 4th.

I heard nothing new from this show. Same mentality that we have been seeing for the past 4 weeks. I want this team to win like everybody else, but its getting old.
Busa_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #31
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the firestorms and all in California, won't this provide motivation emotional lift for the Chargers, that is the last thing we need if we are going to be competitive.
Old 10-22-2007   #32
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
you're George Zimmer, and i claim my $5.

If you don't know who this guy is, he's responsible for the speaking part of this.
Hey dude's made a lot of money off of that guarantee. Opened up several stores and cleaners... Maybe me should find him and demand a guarantee too.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #33
Power Surge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I guarantee it...
you lost your damn mind...
Power Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #34
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I tend to agree. I don't see us pulling out a victory against SD wherever it is.

Heck, if Joey Harrington and Kerry Collins can look like all-pro quarterbacks against us, Lendale white rushing for 100 yards, what do you think LaDanian and Rivers will do to us.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We've known that about Shaft, but some of us appreciate him anyway!!!
Old 10-23-2007   #36
real

What?

We are going to kick some Charger ASS!
Old 10-23-2007   #37
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No worries Bro, he's guaranteed a win in every loss we've had this year. LOL!
Old 10-23-2007   #38
Power Surge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I tend to agree. I don't see us pulling out a victory against SD wherever it is.

Heck, if Joey Harrington and Kerry Collins can look like all-pro quarterbacks against us, Lendale white rushing for 100 yards, what do you think LaDanian and Rivers will do to us.
Since Vince Young was injured.. Kerry Collins was @ QB? sucks...

SD vs Titans w/ Kerry Collins & V. Young @ QB.....>>>>
40-7 win
Old 10-23-2007   #39
Power Surge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
your cheerleaders are hott.... lets trade
Old 10-23-2007   #40
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks Bill. I am a little crazy, but I still have faith in my team. Especially a team with Andre Johnson on the field.

I think we will show the Chargers what we can do to under-achievers...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read