Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2007   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We will win against San Diego...

I guarantee it...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will win against San Diego...

lord I hope so I made a bet that Texans will win atleast 6 of the next 9
Old 10-22-2007   #3
Ckw

Today is the beginning of a winning streak I can feel it. Or maybe I just need to go sit on the toilet...
Old 10-22-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

For some odd reason I have a good feeling about this game...don't know why I just do.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
For some odd reason I have a good feeling about this game...don't know why I just do.
yeah i think its because we should love the salaam-merriman matchup
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
yeah i think its because we should love the salaam-merriman matchup
Merriman's going to come from a lot of places.

Its just that its one of those games, we are supposed to lose, its one of those deals where the team is coming off two horrible losses. I don't know man I just have a feeling in my gut that we'll win this game. It won't mean it would save our season because our season is out of our hands now (Colts, Titans, and Jags have to lose a few games to do that with us going on a win streak) I think it'll just make last weeks lost a little easier to swallow.

We are 0-3 in the division though, that sucks.
Old 10-22-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

we are not a very good football team and if the Titans didn't fall asleep in the 4th quarter and get some TD's instead of FG's we lose 50 something to not much....we are looking at 3-5 next week and a 7-9 or 6-10 season at this point. I'm not sure we are a .500 NFL club. I've seen lots of NFL action over the years and we just don't look like we are even a .500 team to me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I guarantee it...
I hope you're right!!

By the way, whats up with your end of the stadium...... we could here crickets churping down there...
Old 10-22-2007   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we are not a very good football team and if the Titans didn't fall asleep in the 4th quarter and get some TD's instead of FG's we lose 50 something to not much....we are looking at 3-5 next week and a 7-9 or 6-10 season at this point. I'm not sure we are a .500 NFL club. I've seen lots of NFL action over the years and we just don't look like we are even a .500 team to me.
Titans falling asleep is their problem though and is a part of their team and it makes them less of a team than they are, their problem. Fisher should have had his team hyped to finish the game off, once we got within 10 points they should have woke up if they were ever asleep yet we got the lead. I think the 4th qtr was about us attacking their secondary more, something that is their weakness we had to attack it aggressively.

Also give our D some credit, the Titans only scored two TDs against our defense despite camping in the redzone(thanks to 6 turnovers) our defense is what kept this team in the game, not the Titans falling alseep and getting FGs instead of TDs.
Old 10-22-2007   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Titans falling asleep is their problem though and is a part of their team and it makes them less of a team than they are, their problem. Fisher should have had his team hyped to finish the game off, once we got within 10 points they should have woke up if they were ever asleep yet we got the lead. I think the 4th qtr was about us attacking their secondary more, something that is their weakness we had to attack it aggressively.

Also give our D some credit, the Titans only scored two TDs against our defense despite camping in the redzone(thanks to 6 turnovers) our defense is what kept this team in the game, not the Titans falling alseep and getting FGs instead of TDs.
I wish we had "their problem" instead of "our problem". The Texans gave up 6 scores in the first half and it was some of the worst game planning on offense I've ever seen in my life...Jeff Fisher totally outcoached Kubiak yesterday on top of us being manhandled in the trenches.

Old 10-22-2007   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

After Sundays roller-coaster ending in a heart-breaking loss, IMO the Texans will face a mountain in terms of getting up for the road trip out to SD this coming weekend. We would have been better off if we hadn't had the near miracle in the 4th quarter, in terms of the team bouncing back next week.
A flat out horrible performance tends to inspire a team to bounce back easier the next week than losing a cliff-hanger in the last few seconds of the game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #12
Nza
Rookie

FWIW, the Saints made our red zone offense look bad. Not trying to take anything away from you but the Titans red zone offense is terrible this year against anyone, no exception. Every game it has been the same.
Nza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
After Sundays roller-coaster ending in a heart-breaking loss, IMO the Texans will face a mountain in terms of getting up for the road trip out to SD this coming weekend. We would have been better off if we hadn't had the near miracle in the 4th quarter, in terms of the team bouncing back next week.
A flat out horrible performance tends to inspire a team to bounce back easier the next week than losing a cliff-hanger in the last few seconds of the game.
When you have the lead and are kicking off with less than a min to go...I'd assume most teams beat offenses with a back up QB in who is a lifetime 55% passer. As bad as the game was early, the defense has massive issues since the offense eventually put them in a position to do their jobs and secure the victory. This team is awful right now and opposing defenses have no pass rusher to fear unless we are blitzing.

Old 10-22-2007   #14
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are going to come out and publicly guarantee a victory - back it up with something...
Old 10-22-2007   #15
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

A win will be a pleasant surprise. If we play the way we have played the last five weeks, we don't have a chance.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
I wish we had "their problem" instead of "our problem". The Texans gave up 6 scores in the first half and it was some of the worst game planning on offense I've ever seen in my life...Jeff Fisher totally outcoached Kubiak yesterday on top of us being manhandled in the trenches.
I think Vinny's assessment is pretty much spot on, unfortunately. I got faked out of my jock with their performance during the preseason. Better coaching could come as soon as the next game.

But getting manhandled in the trenches . . . totally different story. That is something that WILL NOT be fixed by next week.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
But getting manhandled in the trenches . . . totally different story. That is something that WILL NOT be fixed by next week.
Actually it's really kinda scary, because yesterday I thought I saw David Carr
on the field and not Matt Schaub. Because of the incredibly inept play of the
OLine, Schaub for the first time looked tentative & uncertain, unlike his previous games this year. That kind of deja Vu, all over again I don't need.
But when a QB starts to get beat up physically like MS did yesterday, well it can breed bad, bad memories.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But Vinny, we are not playing with AJ right now. I am optimistic he can come back, and help us win a couple of games. That might be just enough to hit .500.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
But Vinny, we are not playing with AJ right now. I am optimistic he can come back, and help us win a couple of games. That might be just enough to hit .500.
The Titans had a back up RB, didn't have their top WR, and didn't play their starting QB too....enough with the excuses....at least me, but I'm not going to be an apologist for the team.

Old 10-22-2007   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Actually it's really kinda scary, because yesterday I thought I saw David Carr
on the field and not Matt Schaub. Because of the incredibly inept play of the
OLine, Schaub for the first time looked tentative & uncertain, unlike his previous games this year. That kind of deja Vu, all over again I don't need.
But when a QB starts to get beat up physically like MS did yesterday, well it can breed bad, bad memories.
Shaub was in for 3 drives early and almost got killed he was hit so much (and how hard)...Shaub as produced when given even a little bit of time and you guys comparing him to Carr is mindboggling...the only thing they have in common is that when the line really sucks, neither player can turn invisible.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read