Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2007   #21
weskurtz81
Rookie

Default Re: Stop booing our team....

NitroHonda,

I understand but disagree. I don't think the fans will be any better at calling plays than the coaches are. I don't think booing helps in any way. The coaches are very aware of what is going on out on the field and that they were sucking. That's all, just a friendly post in the forums, more of an inquiry I guess than a request(even though it was worded as a request).
weskurtz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #22
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'm not a great fan of booing - we only had 1...or was it 2...first downs in the first half...Half, I say.That is beyond inexcusable. I didn't boo today - but I certainly felt like going down on the field and snatching some players bald headed.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #23
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm as classy a fan as there is in sports and in general I think booing is warranted at times to express to the people in charge that sloppy and mismanged games aren't acceptable. I don't agree with booing players in general who are working their tail off or ones that just aren't fan favorites. But when I see lackluster play or pure ineptitude, it is fine for a paying fan to show what they think.
Old 10-21-2007   #24
weskurtz81
Rookie

Oh,

Well when I went to the game I wasn't really expecting them to win, I really just went to watch them play a game. They have been playing poorly and I may or may not go to another game this season.

I officially retract my original request to stop the booing. You guys are right but I still will not boo them, I just won't go to the games if I don't like the way they are playing. I am not going to give them my money if they don't do anything positive with it.
Old 10-21-2007   #25
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Stop booing our team....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
It makes me feel better, but I seldom boo.

It's very hard not to boo when its 3rd and 22 and we run. Or when its 35-7 and, while it's not true, it looks as though our offense isn't even trying.
Bingo. I did boo at one point, because I found myself truly asking "are they trying?"
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #26
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess what, if we win no one will boo. until then booo on. This team deserve it, we playing like its Dom Caper team again.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #27
weskurtz81
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
While I'm not a great fan of booing - we only had 1...or was it 2...first downs in the first half...Half, I say.That is beyond inexcusable. I didn't boo today - but I certainly felt like going down on the field and snatching some players bald headed.
Buffi,

I cannot agree more. I couldn't believe how bad they were playing, I wasn't sure they would win, going to retract saying I didn't think they would. I just wasn't sure if they would. But when they were playing like they were I did want to go down to the field and dragon kick someone in the face. Instead I just sat up in the stand and complained to my GF, and wanted to leave(I couldn't bring myself to leave though).
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #28
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
I was at the game, and just wanted to say I was disappointed that the fans were booing the team going into half time. They knew they were playing poorly and booing wasn't going to change anything. Show some class and stop booing like the mobs up north. I just felt like saying that to the fan base and GO TEXANS!!!!!
i agree, rep your way... it's classless imo. If you don't like the product, leave. Lord knows half of the people in the stadium don't show up until halftime anyway b/c they're still outside getting blasted in the parking lot.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #29
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

24 yards in a half...the team was lucky not to get objects thrown at them.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #30
weskurtz81
Rookie

Leahmic223,

Now if I ever saw ANYONE throwing objects at ANYONE on the field I would throw them on the field. That is not only uncalled for but very childish. Booing is one thing, but throwing objects is a completely different offense.
Old 10-21-2007   #31
weskurtz81
Rookie

PapaL,

Never said crap about cheering when they play like crap. I just said I didn't agree with the booing.
Old 10-21-2007   #32
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Bingo. I did boo at one point, because I found myself truly asking "are they trying?"
Exactly, and it is the same as my statement above. If I ever saw mismanaged or underprepared then I'd boo. Especially if it was a pattern. I wouldn't expect it on a day like today but for 3 quarters it looked like an uninspired effort...something no Texans team has a right to do.
Old 10-21-2007   #33
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Leahmic223,

Now if I ever saw ANYONE throwing objects at ANYONE on the field I would throw them on the field. That is not only uncalled for but very childish. Booing is one thing, but throwing objects is a completely different offense.
Agreed. Booing isn't crossing the line but throwing objects is. We, as paying fans, need to be able to vent our frustration. Booing is a very good medium for that. I wouldn't be booing at a little league game or anything like that but these are grown men who are being paid a fortune for doing this as a job. It's their job and right now they're doing a poor job.
Old 10-21-2007   #34
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I did a search and I don't agree with skip much but I agree with this..from a while back
ESPN.
Quote:
Which brings us to the real question: Should any professional athlete in any sport ever be booed at home? Seriously, under any circumstance, should you boo a player or coach or GM or owner of the team you root for -- even live for?

Sure you should. You pay outrageous ticket prices. You buy the right to literally voice your opinion within earshot of the overpaid underachievers who deny you your bragging rights and disgrace the good name of your city and team.

You know your e-mails and letters to the team won't get read -- not by the people who count. But your boos will be heard.

Still, can booing help your team? And are there certain superstars who have earned the right to never, ever hear a boo from you as long as they play?

Yes and yes.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...bayless/060731
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #35
weskurtz81
Rookie

Wolf,

I agree with that. The manangement will hear the boos. I think they will also feel the loss in proceeds from people not buying tickets. Just a thought.
Old 10-21-2007   #36
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Leahmic223,

It was a joke.

Just saying the team DESERVED to be booed at, the boos should have turned into some chants.

Man 2 first down conversions and 24 total yards...that is flat out unacceptable and I don't care how good the Titans defense is.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #37
weskurtz81
Rookie

Yeah, what the hell was going on with the Offense in the first 3 quarters? Do any of the guys know wtf was the problem? I was to busy taking pictures and kept on missing stuff in the game. One thing I did see was Schaub running away quite often. Was it just the O line causing all these problems?

One thing to think about though. Even with how bad the offense was. It is amazing that we could have won this game even with 6 turn overs. I couldn't beleive we even had a shot at this game with the number of turnovers that were commited.
Old 10-21-2007   #38
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wolf,

I agree with that. The manangement will hear the boos. I think they will also feel the loss in proceeds from people not buying tickets. Just a thought.
I agree with that but there is still too much excitement for this team for Reliant to not be sold out still.

Shaub,Kubiak etc etc... was like a breath of fresh air for this franchise
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #39
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I would've booed after the first half. What fan wouldn't have? The offense was putrid and didn't even deserve the NFL logos on their jerseys. Thank God I didn't pay to watch that crap.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #40
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Boo away, as consumers you have two choices to express your disdain for the teams poor performane, don't pay to see or buy their merchandise or boo them when they play badly.

When I underperform at work, I get negative feedback, why should football players be any diffferent.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read