Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2007   #1
weskurtz81
Rookie

Default Stop booing our team....

I was at the game, and just wanted to say I was disappointed that the fans were booing the team going into half time. They knew they were playing poorly and booing wasn't going to change anything. Show some class and stop booing like the mobs up north. I just felt like saying that to the fan base and GO TEXANS!!!!!
weskurtz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stop booing our team....

The team was awful...not shocked at the boos

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
I was at the game, and just wanted to say I was disappointed that the fans were booing the team going into half time. They knew they were playing poorly and booing wasn't going to change anything. Show some class and stop booing like the mobs up north. I just felt like saying that to the fan base and GO TEXANS!!!!!
Did we hurt their feelings or did the Titans kicking their butts all over the field do it for them .
Old 10-21-2007   #4
weskurtz81
Rookie

I know the team played horribly, but still doesn't warrant the boos. What does booing do? Make us all look like a bunch of clown IMO. I just disagree with booing a bunch of guys who are doing the best with what they have. Simple as that.
Old 10-21-2007   #5
weskurtz81
Rookie

Has nothing to do with feelings, it has to do with class imo. What is the point of booing? What does it accomplish? It makes the fans look like a mob, like Boston fans, or Phillie fans. No point in booing the team even if they stink. If you don't support them good or bad, don't go to the game.
Old 10-21-2007   #6
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think that is bad, I was watching the Seahawk fans boo S. Alexander because they didn't like his stats - and their team was up by almost 20 points...
Old 10-21-2007   #7
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Has nothing to do with feelings, it has to do with class imo. What is the point of booing? What does it accomplish? It makes the fans look like a mob, like Boston fans, or Phillie fans. No point in booing the team even if they stink. If you don't support them good or bad, don't go to the game.
It makes me feel better, but I seldom boo.

It's very hard not to boo when its 3rd and 22 and we run. Or when its 35-7 and, while it's not true, it looks as though our offense isn't even trying.
Old 10-21-2007   #8
weskurtz81
Rookie

houstonhurrican,

I know many other fans are much worse than Houston fans, I just haven't had many experiences with Houston fans booing players or the teams like I have had up north. I just think it's a pretty crappy thing to do. It just reminds me of the Phillie fans throwing D-Cells batt's at the Flyers, or booing the Eagles like clowns.
Old 10-21-2007   #9
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't boo.

I say f*ck you to the refs and opposing team players then cry out in disgust!
Old 10-21-2007   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

You invest time , money , and energy on a team and they know that this game means alot to the fans and for 3 quarters they flat out stink .... booooooooooooooo !!!!!
Old 10-21-2007   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate booing, but if it warrants the situation, do it.. Team stunk it up with what 24 yards at halftime? and most of that was on that 3rd and long draw play. I'd be suprised if McNair himself didn't boo the team after the first half..

I'd rather have us boo than for the fans to be quiet and have a brown bag over their head. At least booing shows we care, even if it was in a negative but well deserved way
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #12
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
houstonhurrican,

I know many other fans are much worse than Houston fans, I just haven't had many experiences with Houston fans booing players or the teams like I have had up north. I just think it's a pretty crappy thing to do. It just reminds me of the Phillie fans throwing D-Cells batt's at the Flyers, or booing the Eagles like clowns.

I totally understand and agree. At that point, there was absolutely no need to remind the team how poorly they were playing.

On the bright side, the silent drill team at halftime was a spectacular performance (as usual)...
Old 10-21-2007   #13
weskurtz81
Rookie

AnthonyE,

Trust me, I wasn't happy at all with the way the team was playing, I was kind of ticked, but I still didn't feel they should have been booed.
Old 10-21-2007   #14
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Boston fans, Philly fans, and NY fans boo their teams...and they all have better franchises than us. Its about time we start booing, it shows the players that we DO NOT accept their mentality and effort and look what happened...they got back in the game didn't they? Was that a product of our boos? Maybe not, but I know it probably was pretty embarrassing to be on the field while your at home and getting booed and people are leaving.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, are you opposed to booing in general?

If not, just what threshold do you feel has to be met in order to warrant booing?
Old 10-21-2007   #16
weskurtz81
Rookie

Yeah, the Marines did a good job. The Color Guard wasn't nearly as good as the Marines, they didn't represent the Air Force as well as I think they should have. They were out of step, they were talking before they marched out. They obviously haven't been practicing enough. No big deal though.... the silent drill was pretty cool though.

I definately understand what you guys were feeling, I just don't think it's good as a fan base to boo the team. Maybe I am just not as much of a fan as you guys are. I still wouldn't boo the Astros, and I am a BIG Astros fan. Like when Lidge gets booed all the time. I am not one of them.... just don't think it does anything good.

I will however sit and ***** and complain, I will tell the people I am at the game with that I am pissed and they are playing like crap, but I will not boo.

Last edited by weskurtz81; 10-21-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2007   #17
weskurtz81
Rookie

I am generally opposed to booing. I guess it just reminds me of my experiences up north with the REALLY obnoxious fans. I just don't like it when our fans remind me of those fans.

I just don't boo the teams really. I don't boo the players when I am unhappy mainly because it seems pointless. Rather than booing, I will just stop going to the games if I don't like the way they are performing. It seems to me the most effective way to get the teams attention would be to not support them with ticket sales. But, that's just me.

I guess if you guys want to boo go ahead and boo. It really isn't as bad as the fans up north, I just go annoyed at the game when they booed the Titans, and it kind of ticked me off when they booed going into half time.
Old 10-21-2007   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think I'm a classy guy. I live a honest decent life. That being said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the tacky play in the first 3 quarters.

I'll boo my team if I think it's warranted. I do not boo very much but they deserved to be booed today. Our 4th quarter efforts? Maybe the booing had something to do with it. We're letting our team know that we're not happy with what they've done so far. When one hears 50,000 people booing as opposed to just going along with what a guy says (Sherman). Sherman is failing right now. We have a superstar in Ahman Green and he's not able to do a thing.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... tells the coach that 50,000 people see something different from what your employee (coach, analyst, review guy, who the heck ever) is telling you to do.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO to your request to cease the booing.

The Texans sucked for three quarters. It was embarrasing. The thing is... we've been sucking pretty bad since the Atlanta game. Maybe we won against the Dolphins but we still sucked in the game.
Go Texans!
Old 10-21-2007   #19
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

I myself do not boo, but please do not tell people who pay at the minimum $50 a ticket, $5 for Cokes, $7 for Beer, etc. that they cannot voice their opinion regarding the teams performance.

Not to mention that Houston fans care a hell of a lot about our teams. So, to say that fans should not boo, sorry, gotta disagree with you.

Besides, they are big boys who make a lot of money, they can take it.
Old 10-21-2007   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

So cheering when your team is getting it's arse handed to them make you a classier fan?

Has nothing to do with the class of the people in the stands. It's all about the product on the field. No one pays to sit next to Joe Blow. They pay to watch a good product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read